Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Received an email survey from runDisney about Princess Half weekend. Recommend if you receive the email to respond. rD won't know how much we like/dislike courses, lack of characters along long stretches of roads and lack of Powerade during a hot 10K if we don't tell them. šŸ˜Š

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Received an email survey from runDisney about Princess Half weekend. Recommend if you receive the email to respond. rD won't know how much we like/dislike courses, lack of characters along long stretches of roads and lack of Powerade during a hot 10K if we don't tell them. šŸ˜Š

I want a survey!!!

BackOTheLine

Picked up a glass at the expo. Brought it home and threw it into the dishwasher without a second thought. Most of the cheap ā€œstickersā€ are now peeling off.
3954DC81-78EA-4FAD-8F79-6B3E12B2B095.jpeg

I have a cabinet full of glasses with graphics on them that get washed every week. None of them have issues and they cost half as much. Cā€™mon runDisney!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Picked up a glass at the expo. Brought it home and threw it into the dishwasher without a second thought. Most of the cheap ā€œstickersā€ are now peeling off. View attachment 354614
I have a cabinet full of glasses with graphics on them that get washed every week. None of them have issues and they cost half as much. Cā€™mon runDisney!

My celebratory beverage glass has the route of the London Marathon etched on it. No cheap stickers for me!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Picked up a glass at the expo. Brought it home and threw it into the dishwasher without a second thought. Most of the cheap ā€œstickersā€ are now peeling off. View attachment 354614

Contact Disney - they'll replace it. A lot of people have complained about this which is why I now stick to the Tervis glasses

BackOTheLine

My celebratory beverage glass has the route of the London Marathon etched on it. No cheap stickers for me!

That sounds awesome!

Now that I look at it, it kind of reminds me of the race. Over priced with lots of empty space and just a few interesting bits scattered around...;)

RunningKoen

Picked up a glass at the expo. Brought it home and threw it into the dishwasher without a second thought. Most of the cheap ā€œstickersā€ are now peeling off.

Happened to my marathon mug aswell.

Contact Disney - they'll replace it. A lot of people have complained about this which is why I now stick to the Tervis glasses

Have done that, no response yet.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Result pages shows some people who started in corral A (no difference between clock or net time) who have a time above 4:30.

Yet I was supposed to be in D. #stillpissed.
Did you share with disney race times from other outside races you have times from?
I'm interested in doing a rundisney challenge or race and can't decide on either the Marathon weekend in Jan. or the Princess weekend in Feb... What do you prefer?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Did you share with disney race times from other outside races you have times from?
I'm interested in doing a rundisney challenge or race and can't decide on either the Marathon weekend in Jan. or the Princess weekend in Feb... What do you prefer?

I haven't run marathon weekend yet (planning on Dopey2020) but I'm not a fan of the princess half course. I prefer wine/dine actually

LAKid53

Premium Member
I haven't run marathon weekend yet (planning on Dopey2020) but I'm not a fan of the princess half course. I prefer wine/dine actually

Then you're going to hate the Half during Dopey. Looks like it's the same course - run from Epcot to MK and back.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Race courses are the same.

I'd go by theme. Princess is geared towards princesses - lots of tiaras and tutus - with a few princes. Decide soon if you want to run 2020 Princess; registration opens in 2 weeks and the races sell out fast.

Marathon weekend is more serious. The Full is a qualifier for Boston, so it attracts serious runners that weekend. Yes, runners wear costumes, but nothing like Princess or SW.

Once you've registered, make your resort reservation if staying on property. Both are very popular weekends and rooms go fast. I believe both weekends are the largest of the 4 WDW runDisney race weekends.

Here's a link to all the race courses the past few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom