Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Figment82

Congrats everyone!! I only ran 7 miles around my neighborhood yesterday and though the overcast sky and breeze were nice, I was really feeling for you guys! We went to Universal in the afternoon and saw a few ladies sporting race shirts and/or medals. It was a hot one, that’s for sure! And of course, this morning was almost a bit chilly with the wind. You guys are all rockstars for getting out there and finishing in not-so-ideal conditions!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Congrats everyone!! I only ran 7 miles around my neighborhood yesterday and though the overcast sky and breeze were nice, I was really feeling for you guys! We went to Universal in the afternoon and saw a few ladies sporting race shirts and/or medals. It was a hot one, that’s for sure! And of course, this morning was almost a bit chilly with the wind. You guys are all rockstars for getting out there and finishing in not-so-ideal conditions!

Yeah, bites that the weather the next few days we couldn't have had this weekend. Worries me what SW will be like in April....

ThatMouse

Just curious for future runs, why did it take over an hour for our bus to get from Pop to Magic Kingdom at 9:30am (Sunday)? There was so much car traffic. Some kind of logistical fail. Many people on the bus were upset their fastpasses were lost and would be late for their lunch reservations. I'm assuming the traffic was somehow related to the run, but even after seven seas drive it was another 20 mins of bumper to bumper.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Some roads are closed from 5AM to 8:30AM. So it can take a while for traffic to clear once they reopen. World Drive is one of the roads. There were signs indicating such.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry kids - I was social media MIA during the race weeek and missed about meeting up. Hope everyone had a great run.

I myself will not be running Princess ever again unless they change the course. TOO much road running

RunningKoen

I myself will not be running Princess ever again unless they change the course. TOO much road running

Princess 10K is a 6K road race to finish with 4K park loop (If the boardwalk section counts as park ...)

But Dopey will be even more roads; the route of the marathon is exactly the same for the first 7/8 miles.

How did Your races go?

Texas84

Unlike Marathon weekend, participation for the Princess is up. 2013 is still the record for the half but there was no 10K then. And more male half finishers this year.

RunningKoen

Result pages shows some people who started in corral A (no difference between clock or net time) who have a time above 4:30.

Yet I was supposed to be in D. #stillpissed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom