Portillo’s coming to Disney springs?

HowAboutDisney

Original Poster
I heard from someone at Bubba Gump shrimp co (of all places) that Disney springs might be getting a Portillo’s hotdog restaurant.. the guy who told me went further and said that the location they’re looking at is next to the Circus.. anybody else hear anything? By the way Portillo’s is a Chicago hot dog and beef place that is awesome! I hope this news is true..

Notes from Neverland

I heard from someone at Bubba Gump shrimp co (of all places) that Disney springs might be getting a Portillo’s hotdog restaurant.. the guy who told me went further and said that the location they’re looking at is next to the Circus.. anybody else hear anything? By the way Portillo’s is a Chicago hot dog and beef place that is awesome! I hope this news is true..
The Portillo's Chocolate Cake Shake that's made with an actual piece of cake is enough of a reason for me to hope this is true!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Then people can see just how awful the hotdogs at Casey’s really are!!!!!
(Lifelong Chicago resident and dedicated Portillo’s fan here 😋 )
I lived in Roselle one summer during an internship and I ate a lifetime worth of sausage and peppers sandwiches in about three months. There was severe construction on the highway on my commute and a Portillo's on the side of the road right where traffic would get backed up. I stopped way too many times "to allow traffic to clear."

HowAboutDisney

Original Poster
I spend my summers in Algonquin that’s about 30 miles from Chicago and I eat Portillo’s at least once a week. If it does come to Disney springs guys I recommend getting the Italian beef Italian sausage combo.. if I’m not in Illinois I’m here in Kissimmee FL so I really hope it shows up..

Cmdr_Crimson

Look if Giordano's can be in the Orlando Area...Portillo's is ALWAYS Welcomed! Although.....I will say seeing a Portillo's hot dog at double the amount since it's on Disney property will make me feel sad....But, either way I'm all for this!

But, IMO For Chicagoan's THIS Is the Hot Dog places of all Hot Dogs...
say-hiya-to-maurie-and.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Nothing has been on my radar about this.

The Empress Lilly

Look if Giordano's can be in the Orlando Area...Portillo's is ALWAYS Welcomed! Although.....I will say seeing a Portillo's hot dog at double the amount since it's on Disney property will make me feel sad....But, either way I'm all for this!
I'd looove to have a Chicago Hot Doge place at DS! Most of the time at DS I really just need an elaborate snack rather than a full meal.

Missed out on my chance to get one in the windy city itself yesterday.

djkidkaz

Portillos is amazing! I think they would be offering something unique at Disney Springs. The restaurants are highly themed and there is nowhere else to get good hot dogs / italian beef sandwiches at DS. Portillos would definitely drive business down to the West Side. They also have the space if they want to remove that back parking lot area and build it back there. I would be as excited about this as Star Wars Land!! :)

Cmdr_Crimson

I lived in Roselle one summer during an internship and I ate a lifetime worth of sausage and peppers sandwiches in about three months. There was severe construction on the highway on my commute and a Portillo's on the side of the road right where traffic would get backed up. I stopped way too many times "to allow traffic to clear."
Let's hope this one won't have the drive-thru area as many know how backed up it gets..And if it's sandwiched between Cirque & HoB I doubt they would..Putting it right next to the show would be a wise decision for guests who don't want to break the bank for a meal at the Springs..IMHO I still miss the McD's as it was the only affordable meal I could get...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Let's hope this one won't have the drive-thru area as many know how backed up it gets..And if it's sandwiched between Cirque & HoB I doubt they would..Putting it right next to the show would be a wise decision for guests who don't want to break the bank for a meal at the Springs..IMHO I still miss the McD's as it was the only affordable meal I could get...
The Bongos takeout menu is very affordable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom