News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

Creathir

The DAK entrance has always been horrendous with poor flow, lack of shade, and bad signage.

But there's only one thing I want... just one... a permanent exit. Just pick one spot that will be the exit and just let it be the exit. No more games of guessing where the exit is. I just want to head to the same spot every time. I don't trust the two side gates which look like permanent exits in that there are two of them. You can be sure that each day they'll randomly chose only one of them to be the real exit.
Agree completely. For such a beautiful park, the entrance is a total let down.

Don’t get me started about the parking lot...
I absolutely cannot stand it. The way the cars snake across the enormous field of black asphalt... it’s so monotonous and arid.

The other parking lots are much more enjoyable and I believe it’s purely because of the approach/tree breaks integrated into them.

Kevin_W

I absolutely cannot stand it. The way the cars snake across the enormous field of black asphalt... it’s so monotonous and arid.

The other parking lots are much more enjoyable and I believe it’s purely because of the approach/tree breaks integrated into them.

I've not used the parking lots at the parks, but I think the entrance to AK is probably the best of the 4 parks. The bag check usually has short lines and is spaced away from the gates. MK has improved in recent years from when they made you walk away from the park after leaving the buses to loop around to bag check, but I still prefer AK.

Though I agree with @MisterPenguin that picking an exit spot and leaving it there would be nice.

Darth Snips

I don’t know how true this is, but I’ve heard that this was intentional. The parking lot was designed to look as bleak and lifeless as possible to contrast with the Oasis at the entrance. That way, you transition from the epitome of gray, modern urbanization to the epitome of untouched, natural beauty.

peter11435

I don’t know how true this is, but I’ve heard that this was intentional. The parking lot was designed to look as bleak and lifeless as possible to contrast with the Oasis at the entrance. That way, you transition from the epitome of gray, modern urbanization to the epitome of untouched, natural beauty.

I believe I have heard Joe state this before.

Don’t know if that was a true design decision or an excuse.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
This will be really great to handle crowds once Pandora finally ope.... oh sorry, had a flash back for a moment... in reality security checks can’t handle more demand at this point across all parks and with SWL opening, every park (DHS being the worst) will feel the added numbers.

MAGICFLOP

MK parking was not a great design and they improved it with EPCOT, but tanked big time with DHS and AK is just OK. Parking at DHS was almost like an afterthought, I especially love the part where it empties to a traffic light...

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
MK parking was not a great design and they improved it with EPCOT, but tanked big time with DHS and AK is just OK. Parking at DHS was almost like an afterthought, I especially love the part where it empties to a traffic light...
They spent a lot money recently to change that. Whether it’s better or not I leave to you to decide, but the traffic light part is gone.

EricsBiscuit

I'd rather it's a small world in Showcase Plaza and Sinbad in Morocco
have you ridden Sinbad? It’s much better than IASW.
Something like that should have been done when it was built... Even a narrow guage train like they used to have at Ft Wilderness to bring hotel guests to the park would have been thematically perfect and made the resort not feel so cut off from everything...
I love that idea!

P_Radden

I feel like a skyliner line between AK and AKL seems like a no brainer at this point....
Something like that should have been done when it was built... Even a narrow guage train like they used to have at Ft Wilderness to bring hotel guests to the park would have been thematically perfect and made the resort not feel so cut off from everything...
I know I've mentioned this before but heck even a simple walking path would be fantastic for guests staying at AKL:

Joe has even retweeted my image before so I know he likes the idea as well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom