News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

Finish? Have they started?Any plans filed? NoC? Pictures?Anything?
Some kind of work has been going on since November/December between the monorail station and ticket booths, supposedly for a new exit bridge although I don't recall seeing any official corroboration. There are some photos in these threads:

JoeCamel

Some kind of work has been going on since November/December between the monorail station and ticket booths, supposedly for a new exit bridge although I don't recall seeing any official corroboration. There are some photos in these threads:

Thank you!

MrPromey

It only solves half a problem, that's what's missing.

If you reverse it, you can get from Monorail to EPCOT in the zone. But, now you can't get out and stay in the zone.

You could add security screening to the ramp going up. Guests exiting would mingle with outside and then be screened going up the the now entrance ramp.

You could have the exit from the EPCOT loop at the TTC be outside the bubble and screen them there. Now you have to make sure everyone gets off. Otherwise you could park at EPCOT, board, ride the full loop back to EPCOT and be inside the zone.

Or, you could change the ramp so that it's accessible inside the zone, making both sides in the zone and eliminating the need to reverse direction.

I kept thinking a reverse would solve it too, until I realized the problem isn't "get from monorail into EPCOT all inside the zone", it's really "get the entire monorail all inside the zone".

Thank you!

I caught that later in the thread when monothingie chimed in with some thoughts and a marked-up image but I really apreciate you articulating the points as you have. :)

MrPromey

And also not change the routes or drop off points for all traffic in that area (train/tram/bus). The easiest thing they could do would be to build a new exit ramp that crossed over the fence, but among other issues they'd have to figure out how the people would be able to exit the monorail while they were doing construction in that spot.

Given the existing design/layout with all that extra runway space on the current exit I think they could do this without a lot of disruption to current Monorail guest traffic.

Obviously, the tram station below is still going to have a roof so putting a construction wall up at some point on that stretch while they attach a new connection closer to the monrail probably wouldn't be much of an issue but I could see it causing problems for the current security location and the on/off tram guests that are all directly below...

Definately not the overnight project I was envisioning without thinking about the security hole with people getting on the Tram from Epcot.

TrainsOfDisney

The trams can unload on the opposite side (and sometimes do in the mornings). So if they wanted to, they could move the security screening out closer to the busses and include the monorail exit and the tram boarding area within the security bubble. This would mean all parking lot / tram traffic would go to the left for screening when entering and all Disney bus traffic would come from the right.

The trams would be forced to make 2 stops, once to drop off, and once to pick up, with the crosswalks in between those 2 stops. Could get a little tricky for the trams, but other than that seems like a good solution.

Dr.GrantSeeker

From SFWMD

EDIT: They beat me to it! The worst part is I came across this permit earlier this morning and didn't pay much attention to it as it is named D A K Basin J Improvements. Just saw initial docs for work on the pound. If only I scrolled a few more pages down!

nicb88

The DAK improvements seem to suggest the tram drop off moving further back with a large and wide security plaza, the checks themselves being under the blue boxed area and then guests move to park entry. Is this about right?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The DAK entrance has always been horrendous with poor flow, lack of shade, and bad signage.

But there's only one thing I want... just one... a permanent exit. Just pick one spot that will be the exit and just let it be the exit. No more games of guessing where the exit is. I just want to head to the same spot every time. I don't trust the two side gates which look like permanent exits in that there are two of them. You can be sure that each day they'll randomly chose only one of them to be the real exit.

peter11435

The DAK entrance has always been horrendous with poor flow, lack of shade, and bad signage.

But there's only one thing I want... just one... a permanent exit. Just pick one spot that will be the exit and just let it be the exit. No more games of guessing where the exit is. I just want to head to the same spot every time. I don't trust the two side gates which look like permanent exits in that there are two of them. You can be sure that each day they'll randomly chose only one of them to be the real exit.

I’m thinking the lack of shade is going to be even worse after this project

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom