News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

ObscurityPoint

I’m currently in Orlando right now, planning on either hitting MK or IOA tomorrow (not sure which yet) and doing Disney Springs after. I was sitting on my hotel bed when I saw both announcements for the new Hagrid ride at IOA and the Epcot changes. Nearly flipped with joy when I saw the new entrance design and replacement of WOL pavilion with something unique. So happy my fav park is finally getting some long-needed love.

ObscurityPoint

This looks pretty cool! I’m not entirely sure how to interpret the part about Wonders though. So is it just a glorified playground with meet and greets?
Seems like it..but WOL didnt offer many thrills either except Body Wars. I’m still expecting a small attraction within the Play Pavilion (maybe an Inside Out show where Cranium Command was)? Either way, I’m intrigued.

Smooth

Not everyone will choose to participate in all of these attractions:

Honestly - which would you rather have?
GotG or entrance garden?
Rat or entrance garden?
UK ride or entrance garden?
Brazil or entrance garden?
SSE reimagining or entrance garden?
Central plaza/spine or entrance garden?

But everyone will experience the new park entrance. And it will add to the entire enjoyment of all who enter Epcot.

HMF

Not everyone will choose to participate in all of these attractions:

Honestly - which would you rather have?
GotG or entrance garden?
Rat or entrance garden?
UK ride or entrance garden?
Brazil or entrance garden?
SSE reimagining or entrance garden?
Central plaza/spine or entrance garden?

But everyone will experience the new park entrance. And it will add to the entire enjoyment of all who enter Epcot.
I would take the entrance garden over everything but the SSE re-imagining.

raymusiccity

Good call - I think it will indeed look terrific with a dozen international flags flanking the entrance. A better future for all creeds and cultures!

Hmm... where have I seen that before...

View attachment 351642
It looks familiar, because 'flag lined entrances' are a colorful and cheap way to make your attraction look official, as well as inviting!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Please explain how a 'garden' setting to the entrance will bring more to your experience than two new attractions. How long do you spend in the entrance area that this is the 'best news ever'?

Sometimes what you are doing... tells more about your direction and attitude, then the actual impact of the item itself. It's about the tone and where they are willing to do something... that gives people hope about other things.

Plus, sometimes just pulling out the thorn in your side... feels far better than something positive itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom