Pre-Trip We weren't going until 2020.... yeah right!

I think it's finally time for me to start a PTR.

When: Sept 14th - 16th and Sept 16th - 24th, 2019
Where: All-Stars Movies & POP Century Resort
Why: Because we like you... M-O-U-S-E

Suspects: Susan & Scott (I'm sure Donald will be there again too)

Last edited:

Rista1313

Original Poster
That will be a great get-away for you guys! My Dd and SIL went there in Dec. They had a great time. They went on a swamp tour on one of those air boats. They loved all the food they ate too.

Hahaha! Funny story.. my hubby wanted to go on one of those air boats... and for some reason the thought of them creeps me out.... like serial killers taking you out in the swamp to dump you out with the alligators. So I said, "NOPE" on that one to hubby.

93boomer

Premium Member
Hahaha! Funny story.. my hubby wanted to go on one of those air boats... and for some reason the thought of them creeps me out.... like serial killers taking you out in the swamp to dump you out with the alligators. So I said, "NOPE" on that one to hubby.
:joyfull:

aliceismad

I took a tour of the St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, where the tomb of Marie Laveau (and Nicholas Cage!) is. It was one of the most fascinating places I've ever been. I really enjoyed New Orleans, and I'm not a drinker.

I've not had them at POFQ yet but the beignets at Cafe DuMonde were way way way better than the ones I got at Disneyland.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

A long time ago, a friend and I rented an air boat over in the Kissimmee area. It was a blast. I was "driving" it -- didn't have a clue what the heck I was doing . . . :hilarious: Luckily, they were low speed boats for tourists, so that we couldn't do too much damage. :joyfull: (P.S.: They are LOUD, if you didn't know that already.)

Rista1313

Original Poster
Well new decision made today.... I decided on our MNSSHP day that I'm going to try and book Crystal Palace for Breakfast. Eat, do some rides, snack around lunch.... go back to the room for a nap, come back for the party at 4p... eat some QS for dinner before the party officially starts at 6p? Anyone see flaws in my plan?

Rista1313

Original Poster
I've been checking on and off to see if the flights I book on Southwest for Sept came down at all... I usually don't expect it to, but it never hurts to keep checking right?

So tonight I checked and it was lower... $29 dollars lower for my hubby's ticket... Southwest gave us a $29 credit for a future Southwest flight for one year... which is usually most likely to happen. I was also able to adjust my points ticket as well and got 2k points credited back to my account.

It make me feel better that now hubby's ticket is less than $300, and I have a head start on points for another trip! Woo hoo!

Rista1313

Original Poster
Well it's another winning day with Southwest.... I checked our Flights in September again to MCO...... and it went down again... another $29. So since I booked, I've rebooked and got him a $58 credit for future use, and 4k back in my points account! I really need to just start looking every day!

MickeyCB

Well it's another winning day with Southwest.... I checked our Flights in September again to MCO...... and it went down again... another $29. So since I booked, I've rebooked and got him a $58 credit for future use, and 4k back in my points account! I really need to just start looking every day!
Hi, enjoying your PTR, but can I ask you a question regarding the Southwest credit? I got a credit of $60 each for 3 of us from our December trip, but they told me I have to use it within 6 months not a year. Do you know if they have changed that time stipulation? I would love to be able to use ours in November as we are considering a trip to Disney Tokyo! (Have to fly to the west coast to meet up with family). Thanks in advance.

Rista1313

Original Poster
Hi, enjoying your PTR, but can I ask you a question regarding the Southwest credit? I got a credit of $60 each for 3 of us from our December trip, but they told me I have to use it within 6 months not a year. Do you know if they have changed that time stipulation? I would love to be able to use ours in November as we are considering a trip to Disney Tokyo! (Have to fly to the west coast to meet up with family). Thanks in advance.

The credit is a year from when you bought the original tickets... You can check the expiration date here:

You have to have the original confirmation number of the reservation you got credit on.

It also might be just to use the credit too.... you'll have to check with Southwest, but you maybe able to use it towards a ticket (booking before the expiration date for use after the expiration date)

LeighM

Looking forward to your trip report! I'm struggling to make my upcoming trip a little more relaxed and a lot less planned :) I've changed my mind multiple times when it's come to dining but I know for sure we're doing 'Ohana dinner again. And I hope your lobster roll experience at CHH was better than mine last year. I was so excited to finally try it but what I received was mostly bread and lettuce. The flavor of what little lobster I had was good - just wasn't enough of it :) I've been to MNSSHP twice and loved it each time. I would love to go back during that time but I have horrible luck with hurricanes and travel LOL. The first time I went to the party, we slept in and just had a relaxing resort day. We got to MK at 4pm, rode some rides, and changed into our costumes after dinner. It was miserably hot but we still had a lot of fun. The second time we went to the party, it was mostly a last minute decision. We went to AK for the first part of the day, had dinner at Sanaa and rushed over to MK at 6pm and got stuck in huge crowds. We regretted not dressing up for it and we got tired early because of the heat and already walking all over AK. For us, it was definitely better to relax at the resort before MNSSHP.

Rista1313

Original Poster
Looking forward to your trip report! I'm struggling to make my upcoming trip a little more relaxed and a lot less planned :) I've changed my mind multiple times when it's come to dining but I know for sure we're doing 'Ohana dinner again. And I hope your lobster roll experience at CHH was better than mine last year. I was so excited to finally try it but what I received was mostly bread and lettuce. The flavor of what little lobster I had was good - just wasn't enough of it :) I've been to MNSSHP twice and loved it each time. I would love to go back during that time but I have horrible luck with hurricanes and travel LOL. The first time I went to the party, we slept in and just had a relaxing resort day. We got to MK at 4pm, rode some rides, and changed into our costumes after dinner. It was miserably hot but we still had a lot of fun. The second time we went to the party, it was mostly a last minute decision. We went to AK for the first part of the day, had dinner at Sanaa and rushed over to MK at 6pm and got stuck in huge crowds. We regretted not dressing up for it and we got tired early because of the heat and already walking all over AK. For us, it was definitely better to relax at the resort before MNSSHP.

i was planning to maybe go somewhere early, leav3 by noon, snooze and swim, then go

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom