News Disney After Hours Events expands to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

iowamomof4

Apologies for being a bit thick. We're in HS on 13th April which is an after hours day. Park hours are 0900-2030 and ticketed hours are 2100-0000. But we're going to watch Fantasmic! which starts at 2030 and finishes at 2100, so we'll still be in the park at the start of the after hours event. Will our magic bands stop us from riding after 2030? What's to stop us just hanging around in the park until midnight?
People who attend after hours events are given special wristbands. If you don't have that wristband, you will not be allowed on the rides. You WILL be able to watch Fantasmic! however.

TrojanUSC

Apologies for being a bit thick. We're in HS on 13th April which is an after hours day. Park hours are 0900-2030 and ticketed hours are 2100-0000. But we're going to watch Fantasmic! which starts at 2030 and finishes at 2100, so we'll still be in the park at the start of the after hours event. Will our magic bands stop us from riding after 2030? What's to stop us just hanging around in the park until midnight?

Anybody who attends the DAH event must wear a special wristband, unrelated to your magic bands. These are handed out from roughly 6pm onward at various locations around the park.

Dad 2 M & M

You're asking what would stop you from hanging out until midnight if you don't pay for the After Hours? Knowing it is a hard ticket event?

Dad 2 M & M

Anybody who attends the DAH event must wear a special wristband, unrelated to your magic bands. These are handed out from roughly 6pm onward at various locations around the park.
Wristbands are required at MK and DHS as well. The first few After Hours we attended we were issued Lanyards......now (as you mention in your post) it has moved to the wristband.

I get the Park not clearing for the first half hour-hour of the After Hours, but I hope peeps that don't pay won't try to hang out the entire duration of the After Hours....

Dad 2 M & M

People who attend after hours events are given special wristbands. If you don't have that wristband, you will not be allowed on the rides. You WILL be able to watch Fantasmic! however.
You also won't be able to access certain areas of the Park(s)...it is refreshing to see Cast Members are stationed throughout checking for the Wristbands ....

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Disney After Hours at Disney's Animal Kingdom sold out for tomorrow

Kinda surprised they haven't released a new block of dates yet for the rest of the spring and summer.

My speculation is that they are going to expand these events to multiple times per week and bump up the cost of admission.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
...and then totally kill off evening EMHs for on-property resort guests.

While I feel the discontinuation of EMH is inevitable, the calendar (which is always subject to change) shows them extending untouched till the end of August.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
...and then totally kill off evening EMHs for on-property resort guests.
While feel the discontinuation of EMH is inevitable, the calendar (which is always subject to change) shows them extending untouched till the end of August.

The sites that explain the EMH perks for the DS Resorts have that perk available to at least the end of 2019.

jt04

Kinda surprised they haven't released a new block of dates yet for the rest of the spring and summer.

My speculation is that they are going to expand these events to multiple times per week and bump up the cost of admission.

If they do bump up the price the should also bump up the perks. An extra attraction of two, extra hour, or extra treats. Or all three!

Really want to experience GE as an after hours event.

Chadisa

Yeah I check the calendar literally multiple times a day for our trip in April/May. I'm fine with them bumping up the costs if it means not selling out lol.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Wristbands are required at MK and DHS as well. The first few After Hours we attended we were issued Lanyards......now (as you mention in your post) it has moved to the wristband.

I get the Park not clearing for the first half hour-hour of the After Hours, but I hope peeps that don't pay won't try to hang out the entire duration of the After Hours....
Yeah how dare a regular guest try and enjoy regular hours. The nerve of some people. Right?

DisneyDaver

Really want to experience GE as an after hours event.

Can you imagine the price tag on an after hours event at GE? My guess would be somewhere between $500-$1,000 per ticket ... at least for the first year or two. And for the first few months, over $1,000 per ticket wouldn't surprise me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can you imagine the price tag on an after hours event at GE? My guess would be somewhere between $500-$1,000 per ticket ... at least for the first year or two. And for the first few months, over $1,000 per ticket wouldn't surprise me.

That's what the SW Resort is for. :)

My pure guess is nightly After Hours at the usual rate for AH.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"...increase the price and increase the perks..." :hilarious: Pure comedy gold right there!

They will increase the price once the opening date for SW:GE is announced, because, let's be honest, they know there are people who are willing to pay anything to experience GE like this. They will not, however, increase the perks (outside of token gestures, like free soda).

jt04

"...increase the price and increase the perks..." :hilarious: Pure comedy gold right there!

They will increase the price once the opening date for SW:GE is announced, because, let's be honest, they know there are people who are willing to pay anything to experience GE like this. They will not, however, increase the perks (outside of token gestures, like free soda).

Soda is already free along with popcorn and ice cream. I could see them adding extras including time because it would allow them to add extra tickets for sale. I am sure they are still adjusting the possibilities. This program could be a very big deal for GE.

Naplesgolfer

My pure guess is nightly After Hours at the usual rate for AH.
[/QUOTE]

I think Disney could come up with a 1000 3-4 hr event that would sell out for 5 night's in a row. Imagine GE the way it was designed. 800-1000 people. 25 characters walking around interacting with guests,Droids roaming everywhere. You would be able to experience all the interactive shops and dining they way you will never be able to in a packed GE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom