Booster Seats and Ride Sharing

NessNewt

Original Poster
Has anyone tried those inflatable booster seats for traveling? I'm thinking of getting two for our next trip for the times we want to use Uber or Lyft. Do the Minnie vans only have two carseats and not boosters?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Has anyone tried those inflatable booster seats for traveling? I'm thinking of getting two for our next trip for the times we want to use Uber or Lyft. Do the Minnie vans only have two carseats and not boosters?

I used one (well, my DD actually 😉) for one or two trips. I think it was the Bubblebum. Swiss laws concerning the use of car and booster seats are much stricter than in the US. A booster seat is required until the age of 12 or until the child measures 140 cm (about 4’7” I think), whichever comes first. I didn’t want my daughter to get used to not having being in/on one when we were on vacation in the US in case she then balked about it when we were back in Switzerland. Plus, it meant that I had one with me for the taxi ride home from the airport in case the taxi didn’t have booster seat, as they won’t take you otherwise because they don’t want to risk the fine.

NessNewt

Original Poster
I used one (well, my DD actually 😉) for one or two trips. I think it was the Bubblebum. Swiss laws concerning the use of car and booster seats are much stricter than in the US. A booster seat is required until the age of 12 or until the child measures 140 cm (about 4’7” I think), whichever comes first. I didn’t want my daughter to get used to not having being in/on one when we were on vacation in the US in case she then balked about it when we were back in Switzerland. Plus, it meant that I had one with me for the taxi ride home from the airport in case the taxi didn’t have booster seat, as they won’t take you otherwise because they don’t want to risk the fine.

Thanks! Did it work well?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks! Did it work well?

Yes, as soon as I figured out how to work the valves for inflating/deflating. It’s not difficult, but I probably should have tried at home first and not in the rental car parking lot 😉. As I mentioned, it was great having it with me when I flew back home because we could take the first available taxi instead of needing to find one with a booster seat.

NessNewt

Original Poster
Yes, as soon as I figured out how to work the valves for inflating/deflating. It’s not difficult, but I probably should have tried at home first and not in the rental car parking lot 😉. As I mentioned, it was great having it with me when I flew back home because we could take the first available taxi instead of needing to find one with a booster seat.

Thanks so much! I'll make sure to practice using them at home first. I really appreciate the information. :)

joshsprincess921

The carseats that are in the Minnie vans do convert to booster seats. We used them twice on our trip and the driver quickly converted the seat for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom