Rumor BatB Rumor from Screamscape

mharrington

You are scrutinizing the messenger, not the actual source. This is no different. You determine whether or not Lance is credible.

Considering that Screamscape has been right more often than not lately, I'm going to assume that this rumor is true as well, as ludicrous as it well is. I don't know what the source is, so I have to assume that Lance knows what he's talking about. I even tried to do a Google search on the source of the rumor and I found nothing.

I acknowledged it on page 2 but yeah I think the FL theatre is the obvious choice for BATB. I think the problem is our confidence with Disney is low at the moment so we see a rumor that sounds laughable and remember that so did GOTG taking over TOT. Granted, removing Pinocchio/ Snow White for a C ticket BATB is next level stupid and impossible when you consider the constraints.

Do you think they won't try, though? As you yourself admitted, our confidence in Disney is so low that we will believe any rumor we see, especially since they've been right more often than not. Also, a little off-topic, but would you consider Disneyland's Pooh ride a C ticket? That replaced another attraction as well, as we all know.

mickEblu

Considering that Screamscape has been right more often than not lately, I'm going to assume that this rumor is true as well, as ludicrous as it well is. I don't know what the source is, so I have to assume that Lance knows what he's talking about. I even tried to do a Google search on the source of the rumor and I found nothing.

Do you think they won't try, though? As you yourself admitted, our confidence in Disney is so low that we will believe any rumor we see, especially since they've been right more often than not. Also, a little off-topic, but would you consider Disneyland's Pooh ride a C ticket? That replaced another attraction as well, as we all know.

No I don’t think it’s true but not because they respect Pinocchio or Snow White but because there is no room to do a BATB ride any justice and no room for the queue it would take to hold them. They aren’t eliminating planters everywhere to have the courtyard be one huge queue for BATB.

I consider Pooh a C ticket but what does that have to do with this? I’m not sure I’m following.

mharrington

I consider Pooh a C ticket but what does that have to do with this? I’m not sure I’m following.

My point is, they've done a relatively subpar version of a dark ride before, in Pooh (Tokyo vs. California), by replacing a classic attraction, so who's to say they won't do it again?

In Pooh's case, it replaced the Country Bears, partly because, allegedly, of low crowds. The rumor states that one reason they have considered the Pinocchio/Snow White area is because they have relatively shorter wait times (i.e., fewer crowds) than Peter Pan.

Bottom line: they did it before, so who's to say they won't do it again?

D.Silentu

As you say @mickEblu, after Guardians of the Galaxy it's difficult to classify a rumor as outrageous or plausible. So much has changed since I started following Disneyland forums. At that time, people were loathe to the idea of cloned attractions; now we desire them, case in point MRR and Batb. It seems now, that we only have confidence in rides that we can preview in some sense. The pendulum has swung back from where it was seven years ago, toward a mistrust of the quality Imagineering can provide, for a multitude of reasons.

People here have admitted feeling burned out and truthfully I'm starting to sense it too. Bob Iger is supposed to resign this year and perhaps that will be the beginning of a change. We shall see how long Chapek lasts then. At the moment, Disneyland seems to be better at subtraction than addition, and even when a substitution is made the gain seems debatable at best. It's said that Disneyland should not be a museum, but frankly my mind is starting to weigh that statement. I don't believe that they would take out two rides in Fantasyland, but I have been wrong before.

mickEblu

As you say @mickEblu, after Guardians of the Galaxy it's difficult to classify a rumor as outrageous or plausible. So much has changed since I started following Disneyland forums. At that time, people were loathe to the idea of cloned attractions; now we desire them, case in point MRR and Batb. It seems now, that we only have confidence in rides that we can preview in some sense. The pendulum has swung back from where it was seven years ago, toward a mistrust of the quality Imagineering can provide, for a multitude of reasons.

People here have admitted feeling burned out and truthfully I'm starting to sense it too. Bob Iger is supposed to resign this year and perhaps that will be the beginning of a change. We shall see how long Chapek lasts then. At the moment, Disneyland seems to be better at subtraction than addition, and even when a substitution is made the gain seems debatable at best. It's said that Disneyland should not be a museum, but frankly my mind is starting to weigh that statement. I don't believe that they would take out two rides in Fantasyland, but I have been wrong before.

I agree with all of this but the rumored location is absurd. I would be a lot more scared if it was rumored to be going in Storybookland.

mickEblu

My point is, they've done a relatively subpar version of a dark ride before, in Pooh (Tokyo vs. California), by replacing a classic attraction, so who's to say they won't do it again?

In Pooh's case, it replaced the Country Bears, partly because, allegedly, of low crowds. The rumor states that one reason they have considered the Pinocchio/Snow White area is because they have relatively shorter wait times (i.e., fewer crowds) than Peter Pan.

The biggest reason I believe it won’t happen is because of the space constraints of the rumored location and because of the total net gain not being worth the disruption. Not because it would be a subpar version of Tokyo’s.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

You’re taking one coincidence nearly 20 years ago and trying to make that into some sort of pattern. Winnie the Pooh rides were built at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom because at that time Winnie the Pooh topped Consumer Products’ merchandise sales. Paul Pressler wanted cheap Winnie the Pooh rides to sell merchandise.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Iger is not resigning this year. That was the plan prior to the Fox acquisition. Iger will stay on after the merger is completed to allow for an easy transition. So expect him to stay around until 2021 at least.

SteamboatJoe

I hate to break it to you, but "the original Snow White ride" hasn't existed since 1982, when it was completely gutted and rebuilt to accommodate Pinocchio's Daring Journey construction.
New_Fantasyland_under_construction_0282k.jpg

How did DL fans and park ops survive this change? I can't imagine it was a quick project.

mccgavin

I've been thinking... If this were to happen I think it would be likely we'd also see a clone of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train alongside Frozen Ever After in the motor boat dock / Autotopia space. Adding SDMT would be a justification for removing Scary Adventures as Snow White would still have representation.

I'm not positive it would all fit there, but that feels like what Disney would attempt to do in this case scenario. I'm still hoping this isn't true at all though.

mickEblu

I've been thinking... If this were to happen I think it would be likely we'd also see a clone of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train alongside Frozen Ever After in the motor boat dock / Autotopia space. Adding SDMT would be a justification for removing Scary Adventures as Snow White would still have representation.

I'm not positive it would all fit there, but that feels like what Disney would attempt to do in this case scenario. I'm still hoping this isn't true at all though.

The post has been disqualified on 1 count of using the word “Autotopia.” The Mom may let you off with a warning.

nevol

I don't trust this rumor because there's no other trace of it online. When he posts disneyland stuff it is usually following another reliable source saying it somewhere else.

Best location for this is fantasyland theater. Because of that we don't trust disney actually do it. I think I'm all caught up now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom