Universal Studios Florida vs Islands of Adventure

USF vs IOA

• Total voters
Islands of Adventure is my favorite theme park in the world. I enjoy universal studios but few fave rides removed so not as much a fan as I used to be.

JoeCamel

I'm actually pretty surprised by the results. IOA always seems incredibly overrated to me.
Demographics skew the results wildly. If you are of the princess set you will have a better time at WDW, for Potter immersion UOR wins hands down. Best dark ride? Best themed land? etc. Different strokes for different folks. I prefer the stroller set stay away, less crowded for me.

disneygeek90

Demographics skew the results wildly. If you are of the princess set you will have a better time at WDW, for Potter immersion UOR wins hands down. Best dark ride? Best themed land? etc. Different strokes for different folks. I prefer the stroller set stay away, less crowded for me.
Oh for sure. I think aesthetically and just all around atmosphere, US > IOA.

joshjoned

Original Poster
I agree, but it's not like IOA is 3D-less. Sadly, that's Universal's overall theme as a whole.

Yeah, but IOA has changed much less drastically compared to USF. USF went from arguably the best theme park in orlando (IMO at least) to some 3D infested snooze fest, with some absolutely horrible rides (Jimmy fallon, what is that crap?).

If it wasn't for Diagon Alley, MIB, E.T. and The Mummy, I would never have any interest in going to USF again.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I feel the same.

Had Kongfrontation, Jaws, BTTF, Earthquake, and Nickelodeon still been in the equation... it'd be a close race. But as it stands now, IOA is head and shoulders the superior park for me.

How could it not with rides like Cat in the Hat and One Fish Two Fish. :joyfull:

JediMasterMatt

One would hope that UOR has better Potter immersion than WDW!
genjoepotter.jpg

I don't know... it's close.

"Yer the most reliable form of transportation these days Harry... er, Joe. "

For all of those that keep wanting Potter-swatters at WDW... be careful of what you wish for. You don't want to swat Joe when he's just trying to get you back to the TTC late at night.

Joe Potter and the Mismanagement of Transportation Services

joshjoned

Original Poster
I feel the same.

Had Kongfrontation, Jaws, BTTF, Earthquake, and Nickelodeon still been in the equation... it'd be a close race. But as it stands now, IOA is head and shoulders the superior park for me.

USF back in the day was an amazing park. Sad to see it couldn't keep many of it's classic rides the way Magic Kingdom has.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom