Pre-Trip This most likely won't happen, but ya never know. (Edit: Yep, it's happening!)

First of all, I have never been so thankful for a forum because if it wasn't for this site, I would have missed out the chance of seeing GMR before it closed. So, thank you @wdwmagic for providing us with such a good Disney Fandom Kingdom and also want to thank the insiders for providing us with the info, @marni1971 and all the others!:joyfull:

In saying all that, I talked with DH last night about SSE and the possibility of it closing. We weren't planning on taking a Disney trip this year, but after hearing SSE could be closing, DH told me that we would take a trip up there just so we could ride it several times. Apparently this is one of his favorites.

So, here goes another wack at a Pre-Trip report. I say wack because to anyone who read my last and first pre-trip report, I am so sorry. I am usually very organized, but I tend to change my mind often for trips.

However, this is going to be a very short trip and there hasn't been a go ahead from DH as of yet. That is where my title comes in to play because honestly this most likely won't happen, but ya never know.

Here are the plans and yes it is another spreadsheet:bookworm:

I can't go to Disney without going to the Magic Kingdom or the Polynesian.😢

Fingers crossed we will get to do this
🤞

---

**Note

Go to page two of this thread post for what is really happening to avoid the below chaos of a mismanaged version of a Pre-Trip Report.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Yep. It's happening.
Nsz-kf.gif

DH booked the trip!!!

giphy.gif

April 6 - 12

April 6 Drive up to Orlando, stay offsite

April 7, Check in at All-Stars then go to a park

^^Same until we check out on April 12th

After all of those hiccups before, we are doing full on park hopper everyday so things will be a whole lot more flexible and we can leave the parks when we want and so forth.

In saying that, I for once am not planning much aside from a few Table meals (because I can't miss out on my favorites). Tired of planning and want a relaxing Disney vacation more than anything.

That's it folks!

Finally finished this ridiculous Pre-Trip Report. I will one day get these down to a science, but that day is not today. Next time I post to this forum will be a hopefully legible and easy to follow along Trip Report!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
First of all, I have never been so thankful for a forum because if it wasn't for this site, I would have missed out the chance of seeing GMR before it closed. So, thank you @wdwmagic for providing us with such a good Disney Fandom Kingdom and also want to thank the insiders for providing us with the info, @marni1971 and all the others!:joyfull:

In saying all that, I talked with DH last night about SSE and the possibility of it closing. We weren't planning on taking a Disney trip this year, but after hearing SSE could be closing, DH told me that we would take a trip up there just so we could ride it several times. Apparently this is one of his favorites.

So, here goes another wack at a Pre-Trip report. I say wack because to anyone who read my last and first pre-trip report, I am so sorry. I am usually very organized, but I tend to change my mind often for trips.

However, this is going to be a very short trip and there hasn't been a go ahead from DH as of yet. That is where my title comes in to play because honestly this most likely won't happen, but ya never know.

View attachment 348406

🤞

---

**Note

Go to page two of this thread post for what is really happening to avoid the below chaos of a mismanaged version of a Pre-Trip Report.
If you're looking to trim budget, bring granola bars and bananas for breakfast and ditch the TS dining. On such a short trip, you don't want to be wasting that much time at the dinner table anyways.

We're doing similar though, our trip in August is almost entirely to see ROE one last time.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
If you're looking to trim budget, bring granola bars and bananas for breakfast and ditch the TS dining. On such a short trip, you don't want to be wasting that much time at the dinner table anyways.

We're doing similar though, our trip in August is almost entirely to see ROE one last time.
It is no longer going to be a short trip. We are actually doing a week stay on property with daily park-hoppers (see two posts above). And I think we are just going to go all out with food during our stay because we don't get to do these sort of trips often. :D

aliceismad

YAY! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

We did a two-day at Disney followed by (non-Disney cheap-o cruise) out of Port Canaveral once. (Just in case this situation ever pops up for you again. There are other options out of Port Canaveral.)

P.S. The two days at Disney was better (for me) than the cruise (and I love cruises, but it may have had something to do with extended family being there and drama for the cruise portion).

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
YAY! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

We did a two-day at Disney followed by (non-Disney cheap-o cruise) out of Port Canaveral once. (Just in case this situation ever pops up for you again. There are other options out of Port Canaveral.)

P.S. The two days at Disney was better (for me) than the cruise (and I love cruises, but it may have had something to do with extended family being there and drama for the cruise portion).
We actually talked more about cruises a couple of days ago and I got to tell ya you guys a little secret. I am a serious introvert. I have nothing against other people but my energy gets drained super fast when I am around a huge crowd. (I am not a social butterfly. I am more of a wall ornament.) In regards to that, DH told me that he found out from his MIL (because they cruise all of the time), that they get awfully crowded and sometimes cramped.
giphy.gif

At least not now anyways. Funny enough, I can handle big crowds at Disney because you aren't stuck on a boat and you can separate yourself from the crowd. Weird, am I right?:cautious:

We will eventually do a cruise, but we are most likely going to start with a short one to "get our feet wet".

aliceismad

I'm a pretty big introvert too, and I love cruises. I've almost never had issues with crowds (with the exception of embarkation, which you can also avoid if you just show up a little later). We try to cruise in the "off season" so fall or spring when school is in session. But we also splurge and get a balcony. Sitting on the balcony watching the ocean drift by is seriously relaxing for me. (Weeklong cruises tend to be less crazy party time than the short ones.)

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 348406

🤞

---

**Note

Good luck! Hope you are able to go.

MySmallWorldof4

We actually talked more about cruises a couple of days ago and I got to tell ya you guys a little secret. I am a serious introvert. I have nothing against other people but my energy gets drained super fast when I am around a huge crowd. (I am not a social butterfly. I am more of a wall ornament.) In regards to that, DH told me that he found out from his MIL (because they cruise all of the time), that they get awfully crowded and sometimes cramped.
giphy.gif

At least not now anyways. Funny enough, I can handle big crowds at Disney because you aren't stuck on a boat and you can separate yourself from the crowd. Weird, am I right?:cautious:

We will eventually do a cruise, but we are most likely going to start with a short one to "get our feet wet".
Wow, this ptr has been an emotional roller coaster. One minute I was excited for you and the next downright depressed along with you, and so on until finally- Hooray!!!
We did the Disney Cruise back in 2014. Dh did not like it for the reasons you posted. They are not for everyone.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Wow, this ptr has been an emotional roller coaster. One minute I was excited for you and the next downright depressed along with you, and so on until finally- Hooray!!!
We did the Disney Cruise back in 2014. Dh did not like it for the reasons you posted. They are not for everyone.
Tell me about it. Ugh. :banghead:😭
giphy.gif

As you read my Pre-Trip Report,
giphy.gif

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I don't think that there is really a right or wrong way to do a PTR!
True, I just hope my future ones will be...um...far less emotional! Seriously, though! You guys have awesome Pre-Trips let alone Trip Reports. I am actually going to buy a small notebook today when I go to the store so I can take good notes when we go so that my Trip Report will be less of a headache.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Ya know it isn't good is when you need a vacation so badly that your SO is counting down days and reminds you everyday how close we are getting to "getting away"....and now my eyes are twitching from unnecessary stress. (Seriously! It's annoying.)

Anyways guys, 32 days! Yes, we are going. It's official.

DH and I have gone and are still going through some stressful times right now (work, family, doctor visits, family, more work, some more doctor visits):bawling:

It's been tough.
tenor.gif

And one of our cats is going through dental surgery this Friday. 😢I'm nervous. We have been through a lot with one of our cats already. The oldest one had severe diabetes and we almost had to put her down, but decided to do a very invasive procedure, fed her through a feeding tube every few hours and gave her diabetes shots. She did pull through and actually is now diabetic free. Now, we feed all of our cats special wet can food to keep them as healthy as possible (and somewhat spoiled😋). But it does help them a lot.

In saying that, we will have to board the oldest cat at the Vet while we are gone, just to be safe because the rest of the cats will be feasting on dry cat food.

BUT! We are going to Disney!!! Yay! And so much for a food budget, ha!. 🆒
DH wants to eat at the nicer table services this trip too. Seems we are just going all out regardless of our budget.

Well, when you haven't gone on a real vacation together in 3 years...
tenor.gif

And I am in the process of cleaning out a bunch of space on my phone so I can take better pictures and am taking a notebook along with me because KB (not the infamous KatieBug) is going to do a proper (or at least try to) Trip Report.

You will also see pictures of me for once! Yes, I am going to share with you my REAL name and show you my picture...

36290d43d77a40357b51b386dac9351b.jpg

I don't take good pictures. Just sayin'.

Rista1313

Ya know it isn't good is when you need a vacation so badly that your SO is counting down days and reminds you everyday how close we are getting to "getting away"....and now my eyes are twitching from unnecessary stress. (Seriously! It's annoying.)

Anyways guys, 32 days! Yes, we are going. It's official.

DH and I have gone and are still going through some stressful times right now (work, family, doctor visits, family, more work, some more doctor visits):bawling:

It's been tough.
tenor.gif

And one of our cats is going through dental surgery this Friday. 😢I'm nervous. We have been through a lot with one of our cats already. The oldest one had severe diabetes and we almost had to put her down, but decided to do a very invasive procedure, fed her through a feeding tube every few hours and gave her diabetes shots. She did pull through and actually is now diabetic free. Now, we feed all of our cats special wet can food to keep them as healthy as possible (and somewhat spoiled😋). But it does help them a lot.

In saying that, we will have to board the oldest cat at the Vet while we are gone, just to be safe because the rest of the cats will be feasting on dry cat food.

BUT! We are going to Disney!!! Yay! And so much for a food budget, ha!. 🆒
DH wants to eat at the nicer table services this trip too. Seems we are just going all out regardless of our budget.

Well, when you haven't gone on a real vacation together in 3 years...
tenor.gif

And I am in the process of cleaning out a bunch of space on my phone so I can take better pictures and am taking a notebook along with me because KB (not the infamous KatieBug) is going to do a proper (or at least try to) Trip Report.

You will also see pictures of me for once! Yes, I am going to share with you my REAL name and show you my picture...

36290d43d77a40357b51b386dac9351b.jpg

I don't take good pictures. Just sayin'.

Yay for 32 days... did you make any ADR's? Fast passes? do tell!

We have one cat that we are pretty sure had diabetes... so we feed him wet food several times a day as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom