Could Rio possibly be the main E-Ticket attraction of the Brazil Pavilion?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
No...you’re not...unless you want Aulani (only thing available)

Well, we have two home resorts now, so odds are a little better at landing a room. (Which reminds me, I need to go sign some paperwork) In fairness, my wife could have booked a grand villa the week of Christmas at Saratoga this past week...

Bocabear

Why even bother using RIO or any other FOX IP? Does not make sense in a Disney branded park... Plus they already have IPs that would work fine. I would rather have Jose Carioca he is more recognizable than Rio....and better fits the brand...
Just because they have access to the ips doesn't mean they are going to use them...there are hundreds of Disney IPS that have never been represented in the parks...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why even bother using RIO or any other FOX IP? Does not make sense in a Disney branded park... Plus they already have IPs that would work fine. I would rather have Jose Carioca he is more recognizable than Rio....and better fits the brand...
Just because they have access to the ips doesn't mean they are going to use them...there are hundreds of Disney IPS that have never been represented in the parks...

I don’t think the Fox acquisition is being considered as park material at all...

They would IP milk the existing disney properties first.

Timothy_Q

I'm not defending using Rio, as I think it's a really weak film

But you know, plenty of rides around Disney based on non-Disney movies
ToT, GMR, IJA, Star Tours, Pandora, etc

Bocabear

I'm not defending using Rio, as I think it's a really weak film

But you know, plenty of rides around Disney based on non-Disney movies
ToT, GMR, IJA, Star Tours, Pandora, etc
I never thought Avatar was a good fit for the parks... Star Tours was also at the time an odd idea...
Tower Of Terror and Great Movie Ride were both original attractions for the park... and Tower Of Terror would work just fine without the Twilight Zone branding... Disney has plenty of IPs and original content that they should not have to go outside of to creat new attractions...
I think adding in the non-Disney properties weakens the overall brand...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pretty big generalization there.

I would love more rides based on WDAS films, but I fail to see how Indiana Jones Adventure weakened Disney

Indy was one of the two best modern popcorn movie franchises at the time of installation (you didn’t have to walk too far down the hall to find the other)...

At the time, it was a franchise that rivaled a Disney brand.

Now??? Not as sure. That goes for big brother too...they’re not being well
Managed

Cmdr_Crimson

It's as odd as seeing Ice Age movie Boat rides....
iceage25-1600-1024x576.jpg

thomas998

Well, Disney has Fox’s IPs now, and Rio seems to be good IP to use at the parks.

Go ahead and start a conversation down below!
Considering they way over paid for Lucas Films and now find Star Wars isn't the golden goose they had expected, and frankly over paid for Fox... I doubt they have the money to spend on things like attractions they will be more concerned with trying to find ways of making money off of what they've bought and there is little chance using Rio as a ride would ever be forecast to pull in dollars enough to justify the expense of building it. Avatar has worked because the movie was huge, remember it grossed more in 30 days than both the Rio movies combined have every made.

Raineman

As it currently stands it appears so.
I propose that we change the name of the former Communicore/Innoventions buildings to Empty Crescent-shaped Building East & West. Maybe apply this system to all unused space at Epcot, like Big Gold Dome Building or Massive Glass Pyramid Building or Geometrically Shaped Restaurant. Maybe then their former names won't trigger any more feelings of unrequited nostalgia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom