News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

JoeCamel

Doesn't look like anything has started

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
We were there playing our free mini golf and spoke to one of CM's there. He mentioned them not really knowing if Fantasia will stay given that there is VERY little parking planned for this hotel. I sort of agree when I look at the scope of the project, 300+ rooms on that small plot with very little wiggle room for parking. I can't imagine Mini-Golf makes very much for WDW, although its subsidized through package purchases.

mgf

Does S&D ever max out its parking? At what I am guessing is $30 per night, I could see them not necessarily needing to add any.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Does S&D ever max out its parking? At what I am guessing is $30 per night, I could see them not necessarily needing to add any.
I’ve seen it full, but the other thing to consider is that if the guest of the tower have to use existing parking it will be a LONG walk. Parking is far enough from the S and D as it is.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We were there playing our free mini golf and spoke to one of CM's there. He mentioned them not really knowing if Fantasia will stay given that there is VERY little parking planned for this hotel. I sort of agree when I look at the scope of the project, 300+ rooms on that small plot with very little wiggle room for parking. I can't imagine Mini-Golf makes very much for WDW, although its subsidized through package purchases.

Looks like about 300 parking spaces, which I would think would be enough.

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Looks like about 300 parking space, which I would think would be enough.

View attachment 349441
Thanks for the this.
I'm unsure of the what the typical parking spot to room ratio is but I'd assume that if they didn't demo Fantasia than its safe to say they feel comfortable with what they have, land wise. Just still seems so tight to me.
Can you tell from the plans if there will be a Pedistretrain bridge that will allow guests to cross the street safely?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks for the this.
I'm unsure of the what the typical parking spot to room ratio is but I'd assume that if they didn't demo Fantasia than its safe to say they feel comfortable with what they have, land wise. Just still seems so tight to me.
Can you tell from the plans if there will be a Pedistretrain bridge that will allow guests to cross the street safely?

I did some googling and it looks like the recommendation in Florida is 1 spot per room, and 1 spot per 5 employees. They will probably have most of the employees park in the main S&D lot.

The permits do not show a pedestrian bridge. It's possible the entrance will get a traffic light which would help with pedestrian crossing.

Missing20K

Thanks for the this.
I did some googling and it looks like the recommendation in Florida is 1 spot per room, and 1 spot per 5 employees. They will probably have most of the employees park in the main S&D lot.

The permits do not show a pedestrian bridge. It's possible the entrance will get a traffic light which would help with pedestrian crossing.
IBC 2015 (International Building Code) states hotels/motels category requires 1 parking spot per unit plus 1 spot for every 500 square feet of common area.

Now the EPCOT Building Code may differ, in which case @lazyboy97o would probably know.

lazyboy97o

IBC 2015 (International Building Code) states hotels/motels category requires 1 parking spot per unit plus 1 spot for every 500 square feet of common area.

Now the EPCOT Building Code may differ, in which case @lazyboy97o would probably know.
EPCOT Building Code does not contain parking requirements. Instead, parking is specified in the RCID Land Development Regulations. Hotels/Motels (without monorail) require “1 per guest room, plus if applicable, 1 per 200 sq. ft. of floor area used for convention and meeting purposes (excluding lobbies, pre-function areas, and restrooms).” There are separate requirements for monorail hotels and Value Resorts.

The Land Development Regulations are available on the Reedy Creek Improvement District website if anyone is eager to read all of the various parking requirements in Table 4-40-1. Spoiler, theme parks require a parking study.

The Pho

Fantasia seems to primarily be walk ins from the Boardwalk area anytime I’ve gone. I’ve never really seen more than a few cars in the lot at a time, even with a full course and an hour plus wait. And I’ve played a couple hundred rounds there over the years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom