Quick Service Dining // Question about ESPN's Grill

Storm

Original Poster
Hello everyone , first of all i really apologize if my question has already been asked before but i tried to look around the forums for an answer but couldnt find any.

I will be going to AoA in about 2 months and a half from now and i still am really confused about the quick service dining plan.

Can anyone please clarify for me what exactly contains the Quick service dining plan ? As an example i will link the Pop Century's dining menu , can anyone please explain to me what i can get in that list for lunch and dinner with the quick service plan ?

I really appreciate the help and thank you in advance !

Storm

Original Poster
Also there is something that is making me stressed , i called disney 2 times regarding the ESPN's grill and got two different answers , one told me that you could buy food there as it wasnt counting as a table meal , while the other one told me that it in fact was a table restaurant and you needed to more expensive plan , it really is stressing me out as this is my first time !

Storm

Original Poster
ESPN counts as a table service and everything at POP falls under quick serve
Why does it say quick service dining is accepted then on the page ? That's what i'm confused about

When you book a Disney vacation, you may opt to purchase a Disney Resort Hotel Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. To learn more, call (407) 939-5277 or visit Disney Dining Plans.
The following dining plans are accepted.
2019 Dining Plan Type
2019 Dining Plan
2019 Deluxe Dining Plan
2019 Quick-Service Dining Plan

Thanks for the answer though !

belledream

For the QS plan, you can get one entree and one nonalcoholic beverage. You used to be able to get a dessert along with your meal but that has since changed to an additional snack credit that you can choose to use for a side or dessert. Or you don’t have to use it in that transaction at all and can use it at another QS location or in any snack item elsewhere.

Storm

Original Poster
For the QS plan, you can get one entree and one nonalcoholic beverage. You used to be able to get a dessert along with your meal but that has since changed to an additional snack credit that you can choose to use for a side or dessert. Or you don’t have to use it in that transaction at all and can use it at another QS location or in any snack item elsewhere.
Thank you for the answer i really appreciate it but what actually qualifies as a snack and an entree ? That's what confuses me a lot

belledream

Thank you for the answer i really appreciate it but what actually qualifies as a snack and an entree ? That's what confuses me a lot
An entree is like a sandwich/burger/something from “The Grill Shop” in your Pop Century example. Usually ranges from $10 and up. A snack is (from Pop Century) something like a piece of fruit or a cookie - these aren’t listed on the menu online but there’s plenty in the food courts. These are usually $5 and under - and noted as a snack with the DDP symbol. A quick Google should help. :)

But to expand, there are many more options to use your snack credits on outside of the food courts, and in the parks: Dole Whips or Ice cream cookie sandwiches, and some savory items as well. You don’t HAVE to always get a snack along with your entree. It’s your choice where/when/how you want to use it.

Note that many snacks are not just located on the same menu as a QS place with burgers/pizza/etc. but can have their own establishments. Ex: Sweet treats at the Confectionary on Main Street. Accept your snack credits, and there are no entrees to be purchased there.

Hope that helps more!

Storm

Original Poster
An entree is like a sandwich/burger/something from “The Grill Shop” in your Pop Century example. Usually ranges from $10 and up. A snack is (from Pop Century) something like a piece of fruit or a cookie - these aren’t listed on the menu online but there’s plenty in the food courts. These are usually $5 and under - and noted as a snack with the DDP symbol. A quick Google should help. :)

But to expand, there are many more options to use your snack credits on outside of the food courts, and in the parks: Dole Whips or Ice cream cookie sandwiches, and some savory items as well. You don’t HAVE to always get a snack along with your entree. It’s your choice where/when/how you want to use it.

Note that many snacks are not just located on the same menu as a QS place with burgers/pizza/etc. but can have their own establishments. Ex: Sweet treats at the Confectionary on Main Street. Accept your snack credits, and there are no entrees to be purchased there.

Hope that helps more!
Thank you that was really helpful , still a little bit confused at how worth it it is but that really did help !

tomast

You can now get an alcoholic drink with your meal and some alcoholic drinks are even more expensive than the meal, thats crazy haha

@Storm the snacks can go from an apple, to a character cupcake, or even some fries and beacon or a bottle of watter, or! a dolewhip!! There are really a lot of things you can change your snacks credits. I made a list sometime ago with the best ones for me :)

Are you going to Pop Century??

Storm

Original Poster
You can now get an alcoholic drink with your meal and some alcoholic drinks are even more expensive than the meal, thats crazy haha

@Storm the snacks can go from an apple, to a character cupcake, or even some fries and beacon or a bottle of watter, or! a dolewhip!! There are really a lot of things you can change your snacks credits. I made a list sometime ago with the best ones for me :)

Nope i'm going to AoA so close enough ! : ) There is nothing interesting for food in AoA though from what i could see ? Thanks for the advice i really appreciate it !

Last edited:

belledream

Thank you that was really helpful , still a little bit confused at how worth it it is but that really did help !
There’s lots of debate on whether it’s “ worth it” or not. In terms of monetary value and convenience, yadda yadda. There’s tons of threads about it. The solution is always the same. You gotta number crunch to see if it’s right for YOU.

But glad that helped!

Totally forgot about the alcoholic drink change - good call! We haven’t used it since that happened... not worth it for us either. :)

tomast

Totally forgot about the alcoholic drink change - good call! We haven’t used it since that happened... not worth it for us either. :)

Yes, I am not much of a user either, but one time I went to D-luxe burger on Dowtown Disney Spring and got a Godiva chocolate frozen licor with i dont know what and it was really good I really recomend it but I dont recall the exact name of the drink.

It depends on your expectations and your trip, like if you are traveling on a budget Its not woth it, you can eat for way less on Disney. But if you really like eating or dont want to detract for buying any snack, drink then i think its really convinient. Also if you wish to try many of the snacks/quick restaurants. Or if you want some kind of "All inclusive" where you dont have to mind for prices and money at all.

If you want to maximaze the monetary cost of the plan then be sure to go to
Restaurant name -------- ------the avg cost of meal
*Be Our Guest (Breakfast) (MK) --- $24
*Flame Tree BBQ (AK) --------------($17-23)
*Wolfgang puck express (DS)-----------($17-23)

Those are the QS restaurants where you can get the expensier things and are included on the QSDP and those are also some of my favorites places to eat. I will add also ABC Comissary on DHS (the chicken and ribs combo platter is the best option for value) but you can also get steak, shrimps, salmon at really good value (value means high price but included on the QSDP). The same goes for Landscape of Flavors on Epcot . I was told Tangerine Cafe on Epcot is really nice too but i did not try it same with the Pollite Pig on DS.

For last but not least, Last time I went they gave us a plastic mug on the hotels and those have free refill on any resort so if you eat on the hotel you can change the drink of your meal for a dessert. I usually change it for some strawerys, a cupcake, on POP the Tie dye cheescake, on AoA the icecream with toppings, but you can choose for a big amount of "treats"

Hope this helps a bit.

If you are into fries, then check the French Fries with Pulled Pork and Cheese on Flame Tree BBQ (7 usd) and it only cost a Snack Credit!

Last edited:

iluvMainStMagic

If you decide to give the QS Dining Plan a try, please don't feel that you have to understand it completely. The CM's at each QS location are happy to help you with what you can get with your credits - at that location, and/or in general. Of course, a good overview understanding is great, and helpful, but they are there to help you. Plus, once you use it a couple of times, it will make much more sense.
Have a wonderful time!!

Storm

Original Poster
Thanks to both of you for helping me once again , all in all i'm going to AoA for 12 nights but will already be staying at the ESPN complex for 6 full days due to spectating the cheerleading worlds and the summit , the rest will basicly be discovering the disney parks as this is my first time going there , my budget "leftovers" if i buy the disney dining plan is bout $800 for 12 days with the event entrance fee deducted already so i imagine that would be enough ? I would guess that the quick service plan would be enough as i'm going alone on this trip ? Thanks again a lot for the help its really nice of you all !

Storm

Original Poster
I will add also ABC Comissary on DHS (the chicken and ribs combo platter is the best option for value) but you can also get steak, shrimps, salmon at really good value (value means high price but included on the QSDP)
So if i did get the chicken and ribs ,that counts as 2 self service meal yes ? I really apologize for my questions that might seem really logical to most people but the confusion is really huge at the moment for me the closer i get to the date of my trip lol

nickys

Premium Member
So if i did get the chicken and ribs ,that counts as 2 self service meal yes ? I really apologize for my questions that might seem really logical to most people but the confusion is really huge at the moment for me the closer i get to the date of my trip lol

A combo platter is one credit.

belledream

@Storm, I suggest you take some time to look at the menus on the disneyworld.com. It'll help you get a sense of what types of food are offered where, and also compares prices, which will help you maximize the value of your credits. I find it helpful going into the day knowing what I'd like to eat - also the planning can be fun! And nothing wrong with asking questions. There are tons of resources/reviews/blogs/food pictures to help as well!

Storm

Original Poster
@Storm, I suggest you take some time to look at the menus on the disneyworld.com. It'll help you get a sense of what types of food are offered where, and also compares prices, which will help you maximize the value of your credits. I find it helpful going into the day knowing what I'd like to eat - also the planning can be fun! And nothing wrong with asking questions. There are tons of resources/reviews/blogs/food pictures to help as well!
Hehe yep I already have a small board with the places that have my favorite food , did that a few months ago already ^^ just really couldn’t figure out the exact value of the dining plan , thank you : )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom