Things at the Disneyland Resort that have overstayed their welcome

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It is not THAT bad
I just got back from my first visit and Mickey's Mix Magic was the single worst thing in all of Disneyland. I hated it with the passion of a million burning suns.

Jumpin Jelly Fish
That ride makes no sense. It's a kiddie ride... with a 40 inch height requirement. I have to imagine this is something that the state of California sprung on Disney at the last second because any kid over 40 inches is going to find that ride laaaaaame. Not to mention the Toy Story versions in Paris and Hong Kong have height requirements of just 32 inches. Kids can ride on Tower/Guardians at that height.

Phroobar

I just got back from my first visit and Mickey's Mix Magic was the single worst thing in all of Disneyland. I hated it with the passion of a million burning suns.

That ride makes no sense. It's a kiddie ride... with a 40 inch height requirement. I have to imagine this is something that the state of California sprung on Disney at the last second because any kid over 40 inches is going to find that ride laaaaaame. Not to mention the Toy Story versions in Paris and Hong Kong have height requirements of just 32 inches. Kids can ride on Tower/Guardians at that height.
A lot of kids that are 40" are too afraid to go on the Tower/Guardians. 40" is about the average height of a 4-5 year old. The jellyfish sounds perfect for that age group.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
A lot of kids that are 40" are too afraid to go on the Tower/Guardians. 40" is about the average height of a 4-5 year old. The jellyfish sounds perfect for that age group.
My barely-four year old is 42" and her favorite rides were Goofy's Sky School, Radiator Springs Racers, Guardians, Big Thunder, and Space Mountain. Splash is her favorite at World but it was down for refurb at DLR.

TwilightZone

Now I think of it, the entirety of Paradise Park should go. It is small and makes no sense and does not fit in with the rest of DCA, yes even with Pixar Pier. Maybe make it an extension of Pixar Pier, or turn the Carsland, Pier, Park area into a pixar corner with the land becoming a mini Cocoland.

Phroobar

My barely-four year old is 42" and her favorite rides were Goofy's Sky School, Radiator Springs Racers, Guardians, Big Thunder, and Space Mountain. Splash is her favorite at World but it was down for refurb at DLR.
Good for your kid however you kid isn't every kid.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Good for your kid however you kid isn't every kid.
It's not like I have an unusual opinion on this one. From The Unofficial Guide:

"Mostly a children's ride, Jumpin' Jellyfish is paradoxically off-limits to those who would most enjoy it because of its 40-inch minimum-height restriction. For adults, the attraction is a real snore. Oops, make that a real bore - the paltry 45 seconds duration of the ride is not long enough to fall asleep."

shortstop

Top five:
  1. DCA’s backlot (plus Hollywood land)
  2. Tomorrowland
  3. The Wonderbra
  4. Pumba Lot
  5. The Timon lot
I’ve softened on toontown, weirdly. Especially if the runaway railway happens.
The backlot at DCA has got to be the worst area in either DLR park. What’s even back there? Empty soundstages, Monsters, a stage, and a booze stand? Oh yeah, the Instagram murals. Yep, time for that to go.

Figments Friend

Top five:
  2. Tomorrowland
  3. The Wonderbra
  4. Pumba Lot
  5. The Timon lot

The 'Wonderbra'...?

I've been trying to guess what this is for about 15 minutes.
Please enlighten, as now i'm really curious as to what this is a nickname for!
😄

-

mickEblu

Top five:
  2. Tomorrowland
  3. The Wonderbra
  4. Pumba Lot
  5. The Timon lot

I’ve also softened on Toontown quite a bit over the past few years. I think it has something do with seeing the crap WDI has been doing at DCA and thinking “hmmm I guess Toontown isn’t so bad.”

mickEblu

I need my kid to hurry up and get to 40” while he’s still into the Cars franchise. I think he’s at 38” now with no shoes. Maybe a pair of sneakers with a thick sole? I’ve read that the height requirement guides (?) at the park are little on the high side ?

Phroobar

It's not like I have an unusual opinion on this one. From The Unofficial Guide:

"Mostly a children's ride, Jumpin' Jellyfish is paradoxically off-limits to those who would most enjoy it because of its 40-inch minimum-height restriction. For adults, the attraction is a real snore. Oops, make that a real bore - the paltry 45 seconds duration of the ride is not long enough to fall asleep."
Like an outdated book written by a man-child means anything. Thousands of children evjoy enjoy the ride every week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom