Things at the Disneyland Resort that have overstayed their welcome

DrAlice

-Frozen Live at the Hyperion

This. And I'm not a Frozen Hater. My daughter (and ok, myself included) loved the soundtrack and had a great time at the sing-a-long thing they did in the Muppets building. But this show was just ok. It's too long, and the story just isn't as fun as Aladdin to make you want to go see it again. Tangled or Mary Poppins would've been better choices, IMO. :)

I can't agree with the hate for Monsters, Inc. or Ariel's. DCA needs dark rides. Neither of these rides are E-tickets, but they aren't meant to be. They are cute dark rides that fulfill a niche that was missing in the park. Having said that, I would agree that Monsters could use a little Fantasyland-style plussing (projection mapping, etc.). My guess is that if DCA overall had more rides (particularly D and E tickets), no one would complain much about these two. shrug

NateD1226

I can't agree with the hate for Monsters, Inc. or Ariel's. DCA needs dark rides. Neither of these rides are E-tickets, but they aren't meant to be. They are cute dark rides that fulfill a niche that was missing in the park. Having said that, I would agree that Monsters could use a little Fantasyland-style plussing (projection mapping, etc.). My guess is that if DCA overall had more rides (particularly D and E tickets), no one would complain much about these two. shrug
I agree that they need dark rides! The problem is that they need to update them and make the theme of the ride better. For example, I personally feel that they should take out Ariel's to make a Coco dark ride. They literally had a Coco show right in front of it haha. I am posting a massive 2-day trip report later today to state my opinions on things and what to do to make them better.

Stevek

I really don't have anything that I feel is terrible and should absolutely go beyond the America Sings building which I would prefer be used as a rotating theater again. But given that won't happen, bulldoze it for a new attraction. In any case, I'll give it a shot but some may be more refreshes than getting pulled out:

Autopia - Electric Cars
Astro Orbiter - take out rocks, move ride further into Tomorrowland
Gadgets - retheme, not sure most folks get who gadget is
Chip and Dale's Treehouse
Subs is borderline for me. Love the ability to ride in a sub but it really needs a refresh as last time I was on it, you couldn't see many of the effects.
Star Tours - tough one, still a very popular attraction but really out of place once GE opens up
Goofy's Sky School - This could be one that gets yanked out as though I do enjoy a ride once in a while, it really doesn't feel "Disney"
Jumpin Jelly Fish & Golden Zephyr - I'm a bit hesitant to remove these only because it give kids something to ride...but really, both should go.
Redwood Creek Challenge - I'd prefer this area be used for some type of family attraction...maybe a new dark ride
Muppet Theater - enough with the movie previews. Figure out a way to get Philharmagic or some other full time show here. Quite honestly, that whole area is a mess and underutilized beyond Monsters. Perhaps if the eastern corridor gets revived we'll finally see some type of expansion or redo of that area.

And while I know it will never happen, bring back the Peoplemover 😢

PiratesMansion

I’m actually in the minority's that thinks that Mike & Sulley to the Rescue is awesome

Shame on you, you've been to Tokyo!

For me:
-Monsters
-Hollywoodland
-Tarzan's Treehouse
-Chip and Dale Treehouse
-Though I enjoy them, Fantasy Faire theater shows: it's not like they don't have other princess movies to use...
-Ghost Galaxy
-HYPERSPACE MOUNTAIN
-Sky School
-Nemo
-Rotating tenants of Carousel building
-Dream Suite space not being open to public
-New Club 33 entrance that swallowed Court of Angels

Edited to add: the idea that FastPass must be added to everything!

Last edited:

NateD1226

Goofy's Sky School - This could be one that gets yanked out as though I do enjoy a ride once in a while, it really doesn't feel "Disney"
I absolutely love this ride!! I just feel that this small Disney thrill ride can get a better upgrade and it would be awesome. I would hate to see this go as well.

DrAlice

I agree that they need dark rides! The problem is that they need to update them and make the theme of the ride better. For example, I personally feel that they should take out Ariel's to make a Coco dark ride. They literally had a Coco show right in front of it haha. I am posting a massive 2-day trip report later today to state my opinions on things and what to do to make them better.

DCA needs more rides, so I would argue to leave Ariel's AND build a Coco dark ride. Also, an Up! version of a plussed-up Peter Pan style dark ride would be fun too. BUT, my stipulation would be to make these both omnimover style (or very large capacity cars) so that they can be people eaters.

DrAlice

Back on topic...

Innoventions (or whatever it is called these days)
Magic Eye theater
Unused PeopleMover Track
Broken Observatron
AstroOrbitor is a classic DL ride, but is currently in a bad space - move it
Autopia lawnmower engines (don't remove the ride, just bring the cars into the technology of the future!)

All of ToonTown
horrible movie music "updates" to IASW

FastPass on HM

Empty buildings of Hollywoodland
Empty space under the Incredicoaster

The_Bellringer

Definitely a Christmas Fantasy Parade. Saw it a few days before Christmas and it was a MADHOUSE at the Small World Mall trying to get a good view.

My friends and I subsequently gave it a “meh” after it was done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom