Could Rio possibly be the main E-Ticket attraction of the Brazil Pavilion?

GlacierGlacier

The stage building by the backstage area next to the most likely location of the Brazil pavilion was closed. And I think there might even have been some clearance work there, not sure.
That backstage area was used for Candelight staging this past December. No change, from what I heard.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don’t you owe me a drink when this is pavilion is announced? :)

You’re choice...wherever, whenever.

The problem is that I am at the top of the list to want new things in Epcot. Been begging for 20 years with a net loss. But somehow the why? Is being misinterpreting on me as the want?...when it’s really the how? (Say that 3x fast)

But the entire game is the stock, Iger, and how the management has changed. It’s not about “want”...it’s about “will”

I get it...you tease these guys from the whispers of your little birds, Lord Varys....

I’m Ned Stark and I’m not into playing the game. It’s good show...for me too.

I don’t think Brazil even makes sense...it’s such low hanging fruit it’s stupid. “They got Brazilians...of course they’re gonna build Brazil!!!”

Really? That’s the criteria?

Ok...I admit I don’t trust the politics, economy, or private enterprise of Brazil. Disney would be wise to be hesitant.

But I’ll take it. Caipirinhas for everyone!

Still been 33 years since a country was announced...you know?

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You’re choice...wherever, whenever.

The problem is that I am at the top of the list to want new things in Epcot. Been begging for 20 years with a net loss. But somehow the why? Is being misinterpreting on me as the want?...when it’s really the how? (Say that 3x fast)

But the entire game is the stock, Iger, and how the management has changed. It’s not about “want”...it’s about “will”

I get it...you tease these guys from the whispers of your little birds, Lord Varys....

I’m Ned Stark and I’m not into playing the game. It’s good show...for me too.

I don’t think Brazil even makes sense...it’s such low handing fruit it’s stupid. “They got Brazilians...of course they’re gonna build Brazil!!!”

Really? That’s the criteria?

Ok...I admit I don’t trust the politics, economy, or private enterprise of Brazil. Disney would be wise to be hesitant.

But I’ll take it. Caipirinhas for everyone!

Still been 33 years since a country was announced...you know?
I’m teatotal. A cheap date!

I would say Fountainview but...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You still have to establish that there even will be a Brazil pavilion, which has been rumored for years but nothings been happening towards it and Brazil has stated several times that they have no interest in playing the role necessary to make it happen. So even the premise before the premise is weak.

While the Epcot committee hoped originally that nations would sponsor their national pavilions, in practice that has not happened except for Morocco. All the sponsors of the other pavilions are corporations and organizations associated with their host country, but not their government.

So, the government of Brazil would almost certainly have nothing to do with a Brazil pavilion. Asking them about it is pointless. The premise isn't weak, it's the understanding of how Epcot works that is weak.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m teatotal. A cheap date!

I would say Fountainview but...

I throw an open date to any of the fine people here...at least anyone who doesn’t claim to be an “economist” when talking about operations...that is
Fool I can’t suffer.

Anyway...drinks on me whenever...I’m pretty rigid and not charasmatic on a board...but I can weave a story for cheap laughs much better in person.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While the Epcot committee hoped originally that nations would sponsor their national pavilions, in practice that has not happened except for Morocco. All the sponsors of the other pavilions are corporations and organizations associated with their host country, but not their government.

So, the government of Brazil would almost certainly have nothing to do with a Brazil pavilion. Asking them about it is pointless. The premise isn't weak, it's the understanding of how Epcot works that is weak.

Correct...

But that still makes the premise “unlikely”...If not weak.

A corporate name that not only wants to make the 9 figure investment...but wants to pay 7 or even 8 figures annually to pay for Ops will give this long national nightmare of a rumor more gravitas

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Correct...

But that still makes the premise “unlikely”...If not weak.

A corporate name that not only wants to make the 9 figure investment...but wants to pay 7 or even 8 figures annually to pay for Ops will give this long national nightmare of a rumor more gravitas

And yet it happens for 9 national pavilions.

SirWillow

And yet it happens for 9 national pavilions.

And has happened for all those that they've actually announced and added since then... Equatorial Africa, Israel, Spain... Oh, wait, they didn't add them, even after Disney actually announced they were signed, sealed and coming.

Until Disney actually announces the deal, secures the financial backing, shows the plans, AND breaks ground, remain highly skeptical. :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And has happened for all those that they've actually announced and added since then... Equatorial Africa, Israel, Spain... Oh, wait, they didn't add them, even after Disney actually announced they were signed, sealed and coming.

Until Disney actually announces the deal, secures the financial backing, shows the plans, AND breaks ground, remain highly skeptical. :)

The pcq on any country rumor is 99.5% and holding since the Scandavian “Consortium” that signed for Norway COLLAPSED before it ever opened.

That was in 87/88...Disney had to stress that one. It’s a key fact in these county discussions few people realize and even fewer weigh properly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom