News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

DanielBB8

So you’d prefer boxes over mind bending ideas like sse and horizons??

No wonder Disney gets away with the crap they let by these days... no one has any ambition
So you don’t know what traditional theme park theming is? This means SSE will be more closely designed as an actual Earth. Horizons will be like a fantasy spaceship. Etc. What’s going on now is symbolized theming. It’s one step away from geometric shapes and the crying about a cube as not being themed enough.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So you don’t know what traditional theme park theming is? This means SSE will be more closely designed as an actual Earth. Horizons will be like a fantasy spaceship. Etc. What’s going on now is symbolized theming. It’s one step away from geometric shapes and the crying about a cube as not being themed enough.

No, the problem is you think “theming” is literal decoration and mimicking things... instead of understanding that theming is about supporting a concept/idea you are trying to convey - to avoid conflict or distraction.

Decorating is not theming. Theme is not limited to replicating a literal thing.

It’s why sleeping beauty castle is nothing like an actual castle and works just fine.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The Egyptian pyramids connote many things to me, but imagination certainly isn’t top of the list. YMMV, as they say.

I always thought kaleidoscope after seeing the attraction. But I also didn’t get hung up on why the land was a round climbing shape instead of a box...

The bold architecture of Epcot futureworld was one of its more striking and amazing features. It was out of this world...

LittleBuford

The bold architecture of Epcot futureworld was one of its more striking and amazing features. It was out of this world...

I never said otherwise, On the contrary, I wrote that the Imagination pavilion is attractive and well conceived. My only objection was to the claim that we modern-day dunces are blind to the design’s supposedly obvious imagination symbolism.

DanielBB8

No, the problem is you think “theming” is literal decoration and mimicking things... instead of understanding that theming is about supporting a concept/idea you are trying to convey - to avoid conflict or distraction.

Decorating is not theming. Theme is not limited to replicating a literal thing.

It’s why sleeping beauty castle is nothing like an actual castle and works just fine.
But this debate is about decorating a box when it should stand on its own. Maybe you shouldn’t expect an indoor roller coaster to be more than what it is. It isn’t much more.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But this debate is about decorating a box when it should stand on its own. Maybe you shouldn’t expect an indoor roller coaster to be more than what it is. It isn’t much more.
No, maybe you shouldn’t.

Oh wait...

DanielBB8

Yeah, the two generations of people who literally built and defined an entire new entertainment genre that attracted millions of people a year... that spawned an entire industry of copycats. You're right.. total lack of credibility...

Let's go with your opposite model. Way more credible..
Who tried to copy Epcot? It’s moving away from it’s own concept in slow motion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom