MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Lucky

The Dodgers are reportedly signing free agent OF A.J. Pollock. That makes it even less likely that they have any serious interest in Bryce Harper.

Anders Limpar

Every offseason is boring as a Pirates fan. Never spend any money, never really try to compete.

Why did the Dodgers make that trade with the Reds? Was that a move to shake things up they weren't winning world series with Puig and Kemp after two failed attempts?

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

I read a MLB story on my Yahoo Sports app. MLB is considering having the National League join the American League in the DESIGNATED HITTER. The purpose would be to address the problem of games running too long. I know there are many reasons and that would not be a total fix. The article quoted the MLB commissioner as saying the earliest this change could go into effect is the year 2022.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
I read a MLB story on my Yahoo Sports app. MLB is considering having the National League join the American League in the DESIGNATED HITTER. The purpose would be to address the problem of games running too long.

The DH not being in the National League has nothing to do with why games run long. They're trying to implement a 20 second pitch clock to speed the game up.

SteveBrickNJ

Lucky

Will that 20 second pitch clock be experimented with this upcoming Spring Training?
No. It’s been experimented with in the minors.

If it’s ever implemented I don’t think it will last long. Some experts think more recovery time is needed between pitches and that this rule will increase injuries.

SteveBrickNJ

No. It’s been experimented with in the minors.

If it’s ever implemented I don’t think it will last long. Some experts think more recovery time is needed between pitches and that this rule will increase injuries.
Thank you.
........back to my prior post.
DO the running times of AL Games average a tad less than the running times of NL games?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Thank you.
........back to my prior post.
DO the running times of AL Games average a tad less than the running times of NL games?

Every game is different. There's no real way to determine whether or not one league runs shorter than the other.

SteveBrickNJ

Every game is different. There's no real way to determine whether or not one league runs shorter than the other.
Hmm. Baseball is a game of statistics. I'm sure MLB keeps track of the running time of each game....which as you correctly say is always different. At the end of the 152 game season you can add those times up and then divide by 152. You would then have the "average" running time....even though every game is different.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Manny Machado, San Diego Padres reach 10-year, $300 million deal

Instead of starting up a new thread, I just edited the title of the previous one.

EricsBiscuit

You are serious that you predict the World Series to be the Tampa Bay Rays vs the Philadelphia Phillies.
I'm curious as to why you think those two teams can achieve that level of success??? Willing to share your thoughts??
The Rays have improved over the off season. The only reason they didn’t go deal last year was their horrible start. The Phils have made some serious improvements and I predict will be 1st in the NL East.

SteveBrickNJ

Because maybe those are his thoughts??? The Rays could be a dark horse team and the Phils could sign Harper???
Are multiple "?" always needed??? Are you always this overwrought around your students????
Ha ha ha. I am not overwrought. I had no idea using more than one question meant that. I will stop that . I was just being conversational. I enjoy posting and I wanted to learn his reasons why my favorite team the Phillies could not only make the playoffs but actually go to the World Series. That was my thinking...nothing more.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom