Project Stardust - How the "Cleanup" campaign will affect Disneyland - OCR/SCNG

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
If you're not bringing in a water bottle and refilling it at the ice cold self serve fountain at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port, you're doing Disneyland wrong.

That's my go-to if I am near. I typically bring in a Brita Sport bottle that has the filter so if I'm in a pinch I can still refill at a water fountain and have it be semi-filtered. Unfortunately, it's not cold that way.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I agree. Magic Mountain and Knotts make you pay for "fastpasses". Disney should go maxpass only. (and raise the price about 5x) That is what the competition charges.

It's getting there. I think Maxpass was the start of an all-paid FastPass system, they just want to ease into it and make sure they get all the kinks taken care of with Maxpass. Once they phase out free FPs they will slowly jack up the price for Maxpass. They just know that if you rip the bandaid off too quickly too many people complain.

We're quickly getting to the point where a majority of people now have smartphones. They could easily take care of people who don't have them by doing what WDW does with the universal kiosks. Have a bank of them in each land. Having to physically go to the attraction to grab a FastPass is such an antiquated system now and machines at every attraction take up space. Just my opinion.

BTW, you missed Universal's express pass in your list. It's pretty pricey too.

JD2000

I can't stand the negative affects of FastPass any more than the next person. But is it not appropriate on rides that would be longer than 20 minutes or so without it? That is not to say there are not rides today that would benefit without it. Remove FastPass from Indy and that 40 minute wait just turned into 20 minutes.

Ismael Flores

I've seen it where only a couple of fast pass people would instantly get admitted in while the stand by line waits 10-15 minutes with no one in the fast pass line and then only dozen people let in at a time.

People in the stand by line were getting upset as the cm just ignored them. I was waiting for them to just ignore the cm and just enter. It's not like the cm can do anything if the stand by line refused to wait.
i see that happen quite a bit in radiator springs racers. last time i rode it the standby line only had enough people to fill the last house before going up to the loasing area. i was with friends talking to a group that was visiting from canada. we then realized that we had been standing for iver 1/2 hour without moving. we looked over and the CM was loading only fastpass and single riders. At one point he let the whole loading area empty out and filled it with fastpass and about twenty single riders. we were having a good time chatting with the Canadians we just waited but after almost an hour of no moving we all walked out of queue and moved over to single rider. in five minutes we were all loaded at same time. when we got off ride we saw the standby had filled up to the first bridge and still hardly moving.

iMax

I agree and there is very little to be gained by adding the esplanade! Disney will control crowds by raising prices, increasing blackout dates on APs and if necessary may go to date specific tickets. At some point someone in leadership is going to wake up and realize "Maybe we should build a third park".

Please tell me where exactly could they put that third park? They had to knock out half of Downtown Disney to try to put up a 4th hotel only for the plans to be scrapped.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Please tell me where exactly could they put that third park? They had to knock out half of Downtown Disney to try to put up a 4th hotel only for the plans to be scrapped.

Maybe Garden Grove, using Tax Incentives from the City.

Or maybe in Irvine, as part of the Great Park project, or Tustin....

Look, Disney's options in Anaheim are very slim. While building multiple Parking Structures (Pumbaa, Simba and the Ball CM lot for starters) will open up some land, to get the Toy Story land, which is permitted for farming, with a temporary use for parking converted will be close to impossible. And the Katella CM lot is not big enough for a Third Park.

With the passing of the ALWI, plus California's changing laws, no way Disney will invest more than finishing up the scheduled east side projects at Disneyland and DCA, along with parking structures. Maybe in 10 years they might look at a 4th Hotel in Anaheim. (Garden Grove might get one if things look good financially with the city's incentives).

I wish I had better news. The Resort area will keep building more Hotels, with more Convention Business, Galaxy Edge visitors, and the 2028 Olympics (Anaheim is one of the host city, with the Honda Center being a venue). All good things for the city, and Disneyland and California Adventure will keep bring in guests. But the Walt Disney Company will take it desire to build a new park to Florida, Internationally or a State with lots of tax breaks and other incentives. And that is just Business.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

The idea at one time was to put a 3rd gate where the ToyStory lot is located. But that idea has never come to fruition, and probably never will. So many other issues that need to be addressed first, primarily parking and other infrastructure needs around the resort.

Basically the 3rd gate is just a fanboi dream that gets throw around when crowding is discussed.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes

Here is an old website that Disney themselves set up shortly before DCA opened to begin getting support for the third park. Amazing to think what the property would look like today had history played out differently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom