Combining points between two DVC members at two different home resorts.

Janir

Original Poster
Here's a somewhat off the wall kind of question. Setup. Planning another trip with family in a few years. ( still waiting to go on my trip in 6 months from now!)I have DVC points, and my sister's brother in law has a DVC membership at AKL (I think, just assume that for discussion)

Say we'd like to combine our efforts between myself and my sister's brother in law. How would that work with in the DVC system. Can I get a 'loan of points' from them to my account but use the points to book at my home resort (CC) in my 11 month booking window to get a 3 bedroom suite or a villa or whatever to have a bigger place for 3 families, two with kids. Or are we stuck with the 7 month booking windows due to the borrowed points? Looking at going turing a high use time period and being able to get 11 month booking window would be preferable.

Anyone do a points borrowing before between DVC members like this?

correcaminos

You can transfer points from one contract to the other. However, to get the 11 month advantage you have to have points from the same resort. So if you try to combine AKL points with CCV points, you can only do it at 7 months.

Also if you transfer points, you have to call to make the reservation. At least as of now they do not show up online to use.

nickys

Premium Member
You can transfer points, but these retain their home resort advantage. So no, you could not use your brother’s points to book at CCV at 11 months.

You could each book at your home resort and do a split stay though. And you could borrow points if you needed more.

Or have your brother rent out his points and use the cash to rent points from someone else with CCV points.

FCivish3

You can have them Transfer the points into your account. You and they, get only ONE transfer per year, in or out.

You are stuck with the 7 month window, if their home resort is not the same as yours (Copper Creek).

If their home resort is the same as yours, you can use the points from them to book at the 11 month window.

Transferred Points retain the booking characteristics of the account they came from.

Janir

Original Poster
You can transfer points, but these retain their home resort advantage. So no, you could not use your brother’s points to book at CCV at 11 months.

You could each book at your home resort and do a split stay though. And you could borrow points if you needed more.

Or have your brother rent out his points and use the cash to rent points from someone else with CCV points.

I'll suggest that my sister's brother in law do that so they book into CC sooner than 11 months. AKL is nice but CC the harder to get into place and the newer one and still much closer to MK than AKL. Although a quick spot check shows availability of 3 bedroom Villas at CC in the 7 month booking window, I suppose those don't disappear quite as fast.

Thanks for the replies!

correcaminos

I'll suggest that my sister's brother in law do that so they book into CC sooner than 11 months. AKL is nice but CC the harder to get into place and the newer one and still much closer to MK than AKL. Although a quick spot check shows availability of 3 bedroom Villas at CC in the 7 month booking window, I suppose those don't disappear quite as fast.

Thanks for the replies!

They are kind of costly point wise. I might just watch and see. I know the cabins are last to book there, but there are many more cabins than the grand villas. The grand villas look awesome though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom