Glitter-farting troll at Universal Orlando

LaughingGravy

There's a thing called "class", and this lacks it. I wasn't planning on going to Uni any time soon, but this just puts it farther down on the list, actually now off, even if I didn't see it.
More of the dumbing down. It's just red-necky, potty humor. But I guess a lot of those folks have a lot of money to spend on Uni tickets.

lebeau

Showed this to my wife and kids last week. Can't wait to see it in person.

There's a thing called "class", and this lacks it. I wasn't planning on going to Uni any time soon, but this just puts it farther down on the list, actually now off, even if I didn't see it.
More of the dumbing down. It's just red-necky, potty humor. But I guess a lot of those folks have a lot of money to spend on Uni tickets.

2j5b7AQ.gif

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney literally sold desserts that looked like literal crap, but yes, the glitter farting Troll is too crass.
If you remember correctly, people lost their freaking minds over it so they hardly got a pass.

I think it is fairly safe to say that those that did not care about poop desserts, could probably care less about a glitter farting troll.

lebeau

If you remember correctly, people lost their freaking minds over it so they hardly got a pass.

I think it is fairly safe to say that those that did not care about poop desserts, could probably care less about a glitter farting troll.

Actually, I'd say those responses are the definition of giving something a pass.

From People:

"We admit: We’ll eat anything chocolate, even if the proximity to actual (gravely non-edible) animal poop isn’t ideal—and neither is the color. Kids, on the other hand, are sure to flip for the sweetly subversive goodies. May we suggest Disney try a line of far prettier Unicorn Poop next?"

Seventeen:

"So as gross as all these poop-inspired snacks look, they all sound pretty darned delicious! And they all just cost $3.99 if you visit Zuri's Sweet Shop at the Animal Kingdom."

Disney Food Blog:

"OK, so you know how when you sign on to be a Wilderness Explorer at Animal Kingdom, one of the things you have to learn about is poop? Well, the culinary team have dreamed up some freshly-made treats that look way too much like the real thing for my comfort. BUT — your kids are gonna LOVE it."

And then there was this guy...

Ehhh..this kind of thing has been done before. It will turn off some, but most will enjoy the gimmick as long as they taste good. It certainly will not deter me from giving them a go.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Actually, I'd say those responses are the definition of giving something a pass.

From People:

"We admit: We’ll eat anything chocolate, even if the proximity to actual (gravely non-edible) animal poop isn’t ideal—and neither is the color. Kids, on the other hand, are sure to flip for the sweetly subversive goodies. May we suggest Disney try a line of far prettier Unicorn Poop next?"

Seventeen:

"So as gross as all these poop-inspired snacks look, they all sound pretty darned delicious! And they all just cost $3.99 if you visit Zuri's Sweet Shop at the Animal Kingdom."

Disney Food Blog:

"OK, so you know how when you sign on to be a Wilderness Explorer at Animal Kingdom, one of the things you have to learn about is poop? Well, the culinary team have dreamed up some freshly-made treats that look way too much like the real thing for my comfort. BUT — your kids are gonna LOVE it."

And then there was this guy...
Honest, evidence based opinions are "giving them a pass"? Good to know.

lebeau

Honest, evidence based opinions are "giving them a pass"? Good to know.

You said people lost their freaking minds. I saw very little of that. More than anything, I saw endorsements.

For what it's worth, I don't think poop candy or glitter-farting trolls need a pass. But I sure don't see where the majority of Disney fans were all that upset over the candies in question. Just like I imagine most Universal fans will be more excited about the troll than put off by it.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Original Poster
You said people lost their freaking minds. I saw very little of that. More than anything, I saw endorsements.

For what it's worth, I don't think poop candy or glitter-farting trolls need a pass. But I sure don't see where the majority of Disney fans were all that upset over the candies in question. Just like I imagine most Universal fans will be more excited about the troll than put off by it.

Tweens, teens, and adults alike will surely find it funny.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

You were correct if you were just looking on the Disney fan sites.

Social media and the comment sections on the news articles tended to be similar to the opinion below.

I think this is completely trashy toilet humor marketed at the absolute lowest common denominator. "Hur hur, look ma, imma eatin poopoo, nomnom fart!"

In the big picture, it's not a huge deal and I wouldn't make it out to be the end of the world. But it is disgusting and trashy nonetheless.

Myself...I could care less. Sure, it is lowest common denominator toilet humor and I am fine with that. I laughed myself unconscious at Jeff Daniels "special" scene in Dumb and Dumber just like every other human on the planet.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So they spend money on this instead of fixing the pavements 🙄🙄🙄

Or fixing the locker situations. Or fixing an entry system that doesn't involve almost every single person having an issue at the gate backing up every line to get in. Or getting more varied music rather than playing the same licks over and over and over again. Or ketchup dispensers rather than wasteful ketchup packets.

Last edited:

OG Runner

Disney literally sold desserts that looked like literal crap, but yes, the glitter farting Troll is too crass.

Two things, First a lot of people are going to think this is funny. I didn't see the movie, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in it.
Second, and I will keep saying this as many times as it comes up, saying Disney did something does not justify something being
done at Universal. Like I said, some people will find this funny. Constant comparisons, basically saying this (insert anything) at
Universal, isn't bad, because Disney does this. Is always annoying.

lebeau

Two things, First a lot of people are going to think this is funny. I didn't see the movie, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in it.
Second, and I will keep saying this as many times as it comes up, saying Disney did something does not justify something being
done at Universal. Like I said, some people will find this funny. Constant comparisons, basically saying this (insert anything) at
Universal, isn't bad, because Disney does this. Is always annoying.

It's in the movie. @Mr Ferret 88 provided a clip above.

I get your point about the comparisons, but people are going to make them in just about every thread. Scolding people every time is just about as annoying as the comparisons themselves. Maybe just learn to accept that people are going to compare the two and save yourself the trouble?

I feel like in this case, as a response to @LaughingGravy getting on his high horse about Universal and lack of class, pointing out that Disney sold poop candy is completely appropriate.

OG Runner

It's in the movie. @Mr Ferret 88 provided a clip above.

I get your point about the comparisons, but people are going to make them in just about every thread. Scolding people every time is just about as annoying as the comparisons themselves. Maybe just learn to accept that people are going to compare the two and save yourself the trouble?

I feel like in this case, as a response to @LaughingGravy getting on his high horse about Universal and lack of class, pointing out that Disney sold poop candy is completely appropriate.

Sorry, I still don't like the practice and it still doesn't prove a point, about what is being discussed. Even if you think it is appropriate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom