Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Marc Davis Fan

After the scene from Episode 9 runs for a few months, it would be amazing if Star Tours reverted to Original Trilogy materials only, as a contrast with (and complement to) Galaxy's Edge, which of course takes place in the sequel trilogy only. I think would be a great "use" for Star Tours, and a way to make it continue serving a valuable purpose (e.g., the only way you can see Vader) for however long the reminder of its lifespan will be.

Hawkeye_2018

After the scene from Episode 9 runs for a few months, it would be amazing if Star Tours reverted to Original Trilogy materials only, as a contrast with (and complement to) Galaxy's Edge, which of course takes place in the sequel trilogy only. I think would be a great "use" for Star Tours, and a way to make it continue serving a valuable purpose (e.g., the only way you can see Vader) for however long the reminder of its lifespan will be.
They already permanently changed the ending so that you land in Batuu. They will never get rid of the the Sequel scenes. But making it more random again would be nice. I don't think there is another ride in the world with more randomness and possibilities than ST, yet they lock you into the same scenes. So dumb.

Marc Davis Fan

They already permanently changed the ending so that you land in Batuu. They will never get rid of the the Sequel scenes. But making it more random again would be nice. I don't think there is another ride in the world with more randomness and possibilities than ST, yet they lock you into the same scenes. So dumb.
I don't think this is true anymore... I think it's back on rotation, no?

Yes, I believe it's fully "unlocked" and back on rotation, now.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If you're going to do full immersion, it makes absolute sense to do the Sequel Trilogy. It's going to be the youngest generation to experience Star Wars, so for some kids Kylo is their Darth Vader. While I would've loved to seen the Original Trilogy get its due, it is the 40 year old part of the franchise. Still popular but it's not the freshest thing out there for new generations. I'm glad we're not blessed with any Prequel related. Waiting hours in line to hear about trade disputes, no thanks.

With regards to dialogue, you mean? Because there are several scenes prequel-related. I always seem to get the underwater scene from Naboo, which I despise, plus the battle scene from Ep1 often. I think there are a few scenes I've never experienced, which bothers me as I've ridden the thing enough over the years since 2.0 began that I should have seen them all by now.

Marc Davis Fan

With regards to dialogue, you mean? Because there are several scenes prequel-related. I always seem to get the underwater scene from Naboo, which I despise, plus the battle scene from Ep1 often. I think there are a few scenes I've never experienced, which bothers me as I've ridden the thing enough over the years since 2.0 began that I should have seen them all by now.

That conversation was in reference to GE, not ST.

Yeah, ST is still a mix of prequel, original, and sequel locations. That said, a lot of the prequel scenes could remain if ST were converted to "original trilogy time period only," because many those locations would still have existed unchanged during the OT time period (like Naboo, which incidentally is my favorite ST scene... and that goes to show how subjective our scene preferences are!).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That conversation was in reference to GE, not ST.

Yeah, ST is still a mix of prequel, original, and sequel locations. That said, a lot of the prequel scenes could remain if ST were converted to "original trilogy time period only," because many those locations would still have existed unchanged during the OT time period (like Naboo, which incidentally is my favorite ST scene... and that goes to show how subjective our scene preferences are!).

Ohhh.... Yeah, GE won't have anything prequel-related. It's the redheaded-step-child under Disney. ;) (And, in fairness, to many others before and after Disney bought Lucasfilm, to be honest. I don't mind Ep2 and 3, but the Ep1 is ... not good, and a lot of Ep2 wasn't far behind)

Rogue1138

Ohhh.... Yeah, GE won't have anything prequel-related. It's the redheaded-step-child under Disney. ;) (And, in fairness, to many others before and after Disney bought Lucasfilm, to be honest. I don't mind Ep2 and 3, but the Ep1 is ... not good, and a lot of Ep2 wasn't far behind)

Prequels are getting a lot of love lately as that generation has hit the full nostalgia age. Clone Wars returning, multiple novels, Battlefront 2 has turned into a soft Prequel game, etc. My biggest problem was the Prequels were just so poorly executed any attempt to make a good, coherent story was just lost. I don't fault anyone who does love them but for me personally, they get worse with every viewing. Everything is cyclical though, the Sequels are getting the same hate the Prequels got. As long as GE has a little bit to make every fan happy, that's what it's all about. Even though I'm not a fan, I think it's cool to have a Toydarian (Watto's species for non-nerds) running a shop.

MrHappy

According to the new Disneyland AP blockouts for June, 2019, it looks like the fourth week of June would be a safe bet for Star Wars Land to open. Beginning Friday, June 21st 2019, all Deluxe and lower levels of AP's are blocked out of Disneyland through the summer.

That would give a full five months of operation before the DHS version of Star Wars Land opens in.... late November?
About 150 pages ago, we talked APs. Just wanted to refresh. Currently only Theme Park Select is blocked out starting 9/1 at DHS. Looks like all other APs are still good to go, will that change at this point? I have the Platinum and want to know my risk for going in the fall.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom