Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

In the Rise of the Resistance ride description on Attractions Magazine, they also mentioned that Smugglers Run will have two additional stand alone capsules for guests requiring more time for load and unload. Can anyone else confirm this?

Marc Davis Fan

The "shuttle" pre-show for RotR is probably the feature of this land that I'm most curious about. I've always been a fan of the idea of extending attraction times by making queue scenes / pre-show scenes into true parts of the experience - which is apparently what they're trying to accomplish here more then ever before (though I'd argue that ToT is pretty much there already, but that's a different topic).

Unfortunately, if the "shuttle" doesn't involve seats, it's very hard for me to imagine it being a true "pre-ride." Will it be "an extremely smooth-driving shuttle" that pretty much goes straight upwards, like the "space elevator" at Epcot? I suppose that with some vibration effects and really good visuals "through the windows," it could pull this off somewhat...

cheezbat

Am I the only one who thinks Disney and WDI are hyping up the RoTR ride too much? I’m all for awesome pre-shows that do more than make you stand in a room and watch a screen...I love the idea for the ride, and I LOVE trackless rides...and while I don’t hate the newer Star Wars films like many fans do, I’m just not excited to have Kylo Ren play the part as the big baddie of the ride. He’s such a whiny character. Doesn’t strike any fear into me at all...unlike Darth Vader. I truly hope there’s more to the ride than just escaping Kylo.

Here’s where I wish they actually made a land that encapsulated all the films. Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Yoda, Luke, Han, Obi One, give me the whole story!

Marc Davis Fan

Am I the only one who thinks Disney and WDI are hyping up the RoTR ride too much? I’m all for awesome pre-shows that do more than make you stand in a room and watch a screen...I love the idea for the ride, and I LOVE trackless rides...and while I don’t hate the newer Star Wars films like many fans do, I’m just not excited to have Kylo Ren play the part as the big baddie of the ride. He’s such a whiny character. Doesn’t strike any fear into me at all...unlike Darth Vader. I truly hope there’s more to the ride than just escaping Kylo.

Here’s where I wish they actually made a land that encapsulated all the films. Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Yoda, Luke, Han, Obi One, give me the whole story!

Hype is always dangerous. Shanghai's Pirates is a spectacular attraction, but the internet hype was so incredibly over the top that I was actually a bit disappointed on my first ride (again, even though it's fantastic). Likewise, I'm sure that RotR will be a wonderful attraction, but it's still going to be a theme park attraction, and we should really keep our expectations in check.

I also agree about Kylo being a weak focal point of the action. It would have been great with Death Vader, but of course Galaxy's Edge rakes place in the time period of the new movies for obvious reasons. I don't really agree about having characters from different time periods, though, as I think that would damage the immersion.

djkidkaz

Anyone know where the latest Disneyland aerials are for their Star Wars Land? Since its identical I'd like to see what ours will look like in 6 months.

Rogue1138

I also agree about Kylo being a weak focal point of the action. It would have been great with Death Vader, but of course Galaxy's Edge rakes place in the time period of the new movies for obvious reasons. I don't really agree about having characters from different time periods, though, as I think that would damage the immersion.

If you're going to do full immersion, it makes absolute sense to do the Sequel Trilogy. It's going to be the youngest generation to experience Star Wars, so for some kids Kylo is their Darth Vader. While I would've loved to seen the Original Trilogy get its due, it is the 40 year old part of the franchise. Still popular but it's not the freshest thing out there for new generations. I'm glad we're not blessed with any Prequel related. Waiting hours in line to hear about trade disputes, no thanks.

Hawkeye_2018

Speaking of.......wonder if they are adding a new scene to Star Tours for Ep 9 release?

And at one time they were talking about having separate Star Tour lines for OT/PT and ST scenes. I kinda doubt that ever happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom