Project Stardust - How the "Cleanup" campaign will affect Disneyland - OCR/SCNG

DanielBB8

I just hope they don't think Project Stardust is going to fix all the problems the park faces, and solve the crowding problems headed Anaheim's way just over 120 days from now. The tone and quotes from the Times article made it seem like the Disneyland execs were very confident it would. :oops:
So if they did nothing, there were no problems? Now, that they fixed some things, you think they’re done? The crowding will continue. This only alleviates the congested areas in the park so guests will move instead of having obstacles in the way. I’m sure you still have concerns they aren’t doing enough. People just need to be warned the park will be crowded. Expect to wait in long lines because there isn’t anywhere else to put you.

Ismael Flores

speaking of capacity and project Sparkle, last weekend i went into the old circlevision carousel building and realize how much of a waste it is.
This huge building basically used for a meet and greet and a store. The shell of the building probably uses more valuable land than the showbuilding space for most rides.

It is such a weird use of the building and you see people just wondering around inside trying to figure out what it is all about. The model displays are cool and the small video they play is nice but seeing a dark empty center section of the building with stairs leading to nothingness is sad.

They really need to tear this building down and make better use of the land.
The Tron coaster sound cool but i think an actual people eating indoor ride would be better and they need it fast. They probably can fit two good size attractions in this plot of land and even make room for the rocket spinner

Last edited:

TROR

speaking of capacity and project Sparkle, last weekend i went into the old circlevision building and realize how much of a waste it is.
This huge building basically used for a meet and greet and a store. The shell of the building probably uses more valuable land than the showbuilding space for most rides.

It is such a weird use of the building and you see people just wondering around inside trying to figure out what it is all about. The model displays are cool and the small video they play is nice but seeing a dark empty center section of the building with stairs leading to nothingness is sad.

The Tron coaster sound cool but i think an actual people eating indoor ride would be better and they need it fast. They probably can fit two good size attractions in this plot of land and even make room for the rocket spinner
I assume you mean the carousel theater?

Phroobar

speaking of capacity and project Sparkle, last weekend i went into the old circlevision building and realize how much of a waste it is.

You mean at magic kingdom right? I got a little confused there.

The_Bellringer

I think they did a great job with the entrance to Adventureland. It was sooo much easier to walk through during the holidays.

Also, removing the Haunted Mansion planter was a nice move too. Much easier to navigate through there.

Phroobar

I think they did a great job with the entrance to Adventureland. It was sooo much easier to walk through during the holidays.

Also, removing the Haunted Mansion planter was a nice move too. Much easier to navigate through there.
Everyone thought they were destroying Walt's legacy by removing that planter until it was realized that the planter didn't exist originally. It is a good fix to remove that.

Figments Friend

I wouldn't be surprised if crowds get so bad someday that they have to utilize the esplanade as expansion space, forcing them to merge DCA and Disneyland into one giant park. I know it was talked about a long time ago when they were trying to figure out how to overhaul DCA. If this were to happen, it would most likely be at least a couple decades from now. They have so much underutilized space in DCA that can and should be used first.

Back when DCA 2.0 was being conceptulized, Tony Baxter drew up his own concept to be considered which did just that -
Combined both together as a 'one Park' experience.

The idea was for a revamped DCA to become a non-gated 'public space' like the esplanade / DTD and be a grand entryway that led to Disneyland Park.
It didn't happen, but it was a interesting idea.

-

SuddenStorm

I wouldn't be surprised if crowds get so bad someday that they have to utilize the esplanade as expansion space, forcing them to merge DCA and Disneyland into one giant park. I know it was talked about a long time ago when they were trying to figure out how to overhaul DCA. If this were to happen, it would most likely be at least a couple decades from now. They have so much underutilized space in DCA that can and should be used first.

This will never happen- Disney gets to upsell park hoppers by selling separate admission for the two parks. From a purely business standpoint, merging the two parks makes little sense.

DanielBB8

They should combine both parks during the Christmas holidays break(12/24 to Jan 1st). Disneyland’s record crowds will be alleviated with free flow of traffic to DCA. Sell the equivalent of 2 park hopper tickets in peak season. $199 will be disincentive to lower the crowds.

britain

The fact that the construction wall for the Astro Orbiter refurb doesn't extend around the rocks makes me think they're staying- which is a huge disappointment, since that'd do way more to help crowd flow and visual aesthetic around the park than removing the beautiful planter in front of HM.

It’s possible that these “base hits” are only being done as quickly and as small as they are because they are not requiring any big WDI executive decision up the flagpole.

And it’s possible that WDI executives have made it clear that they, not a small b-team, want say over the entrance to Tomorrowland. Shrink the planters by Star Tours, sure, but don’t touch the rocks.

SuddenStorm

And it’s possible that WDI executives have made it clear that they, not a small b-team, want say over the entrance to Tomorrowland. Shrink the planters by Star Tours, sure, but don’t touch the rocks.

This wouldn't surprise me- and my very negative outlook on modern day Imagineering makes me want to believe this is the case.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The fact that the construction wall for the Astro Orbiter refurb doesn't extend around the rocks makes me think they're staying- which is a huge disappointment, since that'd do way more to help crowd flow and visual aesthetic around the park than removing the beautiful planter in front of HM.

Since the Astro Orbiter refurb and Project Stardust are likely two different projects I wouldn't expect walls to be put up at the same time. As that would clog the entrance even more than doing nothing.

So I'd expect if the entrance rocks were being removed it would be done at a separate time. Also the Project Stardust projects appear to be done very quickly, with the exception of the Castle. As such it wouldn't surprise me if they did it late spring. That is of course if its actually going to happen prior to a TL redo.

Phroobar

I know we all like to complain about the rocks in front of TL, however the rocks really don't have that much of a pinch point. TL's entrance is actually wider than both Frontierland and Adventureland entrances combined. It just feels packed because everyone is going through that one portal and no one understands traffic control. Removing the rocks, really don't do much since the real blockage is the Peoplemover supports and the AstroOrbitor itself. It also doesn't help that we have bunch of clueless tourists that stop traffic in front of Star Tours looking for the entrance and all those strollers. The rocks purpose is to separate TL from Main Street. Without them, the AstroOrbitor would be on Main Street itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom