HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

lazyboy97o

This whole ordeal has actually made me wonder if Tokyo or WDW will be getting castle alterations in the future just so that every Castle is unique. I kind of feel like that would be pointless considering they are so far away from each other but it's definitely something I could see them doing. I agree that all future castles should be unique.
The change isn’t driven by uniqueness. It’s a size competition between the Chinese parks.

Robert.W

I would doubt it, both Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland are tremendously successful theme parks, and today’s Disney wouldn’t make expensive changes for no reason, since both castles look fine as they are. If Hong Kong Disneyland had been as successful, I slightly doubt we’d be seeing them redesign their castle – although you could still make the argument that the park deserved more than the tiny castle it was originally given. :)

If the thing about the colours is true, then I think we are in for a real treat. I genuinely really like the design of the castle, and as other have said, it was only really the colours that looked bad. I’ve warmed to the design so much recently that I can see this being one of my favourite Disney park castles in all honesty. Perhaps still not as good as Disneyland Paris’ one though :p

nevol

Same. SDL may have the biggest castle, but it's also the least attractive.
It looks like a castle was taken and then each element was stretched farther away from its neighbors, that negative space filled only with a brick wall. The new HK one is the opposite; it is slender like Disneyland Paris' but with twice as many elements.

nevol

I know, but with the HK castle changing, every castle around the world will now be unique except for WDW and Tokyo. Personally I like Cinderella Castle just as it is, but I can see them changing one of them in the future so that all the castles are unique, even if it is just a simple paint job. I am not necessarily in favor of this, it's just something that came to mind. Plus the prescient has now been set removing any belief that the castles are immune to changes.
That castle is beloved there. Hong Kong Disneyland was a small park and its small castle was a perfect symbol of that once Shanghai opened.

disnyfan89

I know, but with the HK castle changing, every castle around the world will now be unique except for WDW and Tokyo. Personally I like Cinderella Castle just as it is, but I can see them changing one of them in the future so that all the castles are unique, even if it is just a simple paint job. I am not necessarily in favor of this, it's just something that came to mind. Plus the prescient has now been set removing any belief that the castles are immune to changes.

Tokyo and MK castle have two different paint schemes. Orlando reflects a brighter fairy tale castle while Tokyo has darkened and aged their castle to make it look older and real.

fctiger

Thats good to hear! Anyone know what season they're aiming for with the Castle and Frozen expansions? You'd think they would want both open before the summer season begins right?

I really want to know this too. I was in HKDL back in May of last year and may go again next year to check out Ant-Man but want to make sure I go after the new Castle opens.

PymParty

Thats good to hear! Anyone know what season they're aiming for with the Castle and Frozen expansions? You'd think they would want both open before the summer season begins right?

In the official Press release unveiling attendance and revenue growth for fiscal year 2018 (which is very encouraging as the opening of the two new major links from the Mainland to Hong Kong - Hong Kong Zhuhai Macau bridge and Express Rial Link - are not even taken into account in this fiscal year, which ended last September),it is stated that "Stephanie Young, managing director of HKDL, will attend the Legislative Council Panel on Economic Development meeting on February 25, 2019."

I think we will get more information on the progress of the expansion in official papers submitted during the Panel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom