Might be traveling for first time on June/July any recommendations??

tomast

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I will be on Paris for those dates I am thinking of making a quick visit to Disneyland Paris for the first time.
Do you have any recommendations??
Do you think Is it worth if I am staying for a small time in Paris?
Can I do both parks in one day or should I only do one?? Is there any transportation between both of them??
Are there fastpass+ like in WDW?
Does the magic band work overthere?
Phantom Mannie will be open? Rat will be open? I hear somewhere it might be close...
Which rides are somehow a must?
Which ones have such a difference that they are like a totally different ride???
Are all the attractions in French?

Thanks for all your help, your tips and recommendations!

Last edited:

cjkeating

Hi everyone, I will be on Paris for those dates I am thinking of making a quick visit to Disneyland Paris for the first time.
Do you have any recommendations?? It really depends what interests you the most... rides/walkthroughs/shows/parades/meet and greets?
Do you think Is it worth if I am staying for a small time in Paris? Yes.
Can I do both parks in one day or should I only do one?? Is there any transportation between both of them?? 2 days for sure. You can walk between the two parks in 5 minutes.
Are there fastpass+ like in WDW? No, the park has legacy Fastpass.
Does the magic band work overthere? No.
Phantom Mannie will be open? Rat will be open? I hear somewhere it might be close... Phantom should reopen (May?) The Rat refurbishment was postponed with no further dates announced.
Which rides are somehow a must? Where are you travelling from? This again depends on what other Disney Parks you have been to and also what your interests are.
Which ones have such a difference that they are like a totally different ride??? I wouldn't say any rides are completely different however most are generally regarded as an 'ultimate' version for example BTM, PotC, PM. Space Mountain is very different actually to it's Space Mountain namesakes.
Are all the attractions in French? Most attractions/shows/parades are in a split of French and English.

Thanks for all your help, your tips and recommendations!

Hello. I've put some answers in the quote above, happy to answer any follow up questions you have.

AndyS2992

If you only have a short time in Paris then a 1 day 2 park ticket should be fine if you want to hit up both parks but if you don't care about the Studios then spending one whole day in Disneyland is fine too. There is no Magic Band but if you stay in a Disney Hotel you do get a Magic+ card which acts as your park ticket, hotel door key, dining plan card and can be used to charge things. Standard old paper fastpass is in operation here but you can purchase an Ultimate Fastpass should you need it. All attractions and shows are a mix of English and French. With Tower of Terror, elevators 1 and 2 are French, 3 is English.

Disneyland Must Dos:
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Phantom Manor (Whenever it decides to open)
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Indiana Jones & the temple of peril
-Peter Pan's Flight
-It's a Small World
-Hyperspace Mountain
-Star Tours 2.0
-Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
-Disney Illuminations
*Also don't forget to check out the dragon under the castle ;)

Studios Must Dos:
-Crush's Coaster
-Ratatouille
-RC Racer
-Tower of Terror
-Rock n Rollercoaster
-Mickey and the Magician
*Backlot Tour (It's terrible but still has Catastrophe Canyon if that is something you care about, Lights, Motors Action is also still in in the park)

If you make good use of Fastpass (or even buy premium FP if you have to) you can easily hit up all these attractions and more in a single day. Also if you are burger and fries kinda person then do not eat in the parks, extremely overpriced, walk out to Disney Village and go to McDonald's instead, it's half the price. But if you don't care about prices then Walt's on Main Street USA and Bistrot Chez Remy in Studios are pretty popular choices. You also have Rainforest Cafe and Five Guys in Disney Village. If you are looking for merch then The Emporium on Main Street, Studio 1 in Studios and World of Disney in Disney Village are your best bet. Should you want a unique experience from your visit then the PanoraMagique balloon in Disney Village is also an option if it is operating.

tomast

Original Poster
I really appreciate the help you have given me. It's much clear how things works overthere.
I really hope they open Phantom Manor as Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride at MK. And I really wish I can ride Rat

And about the studios, MGM/DHS was always my favorite park so I guess I will like Paris studios. (Or maybe I found it old and not so nice at the original, or as my memory of the original haha , who knows)

I will be making an itinerary for my trip to Paris and make a space to "EuroDisney" 😋. If I need any more help I will come back here as you had been really helpful

tomast

Original Poster
Also if you are burger and fries kinda person then do not eat in the parks, extremely overpriced, walk out to Disney Village and go to McDonald's instead, it's half the price. But if you don't care about prices then Walt's on Main Street USA and Bistrot Chez Remy in Studios are pretty popular choices.
McDonald's sounds great! 😋

Backlot Tour (It's terrible but still has Catastrophe Canyon if that is something you care about, Lights, Motors Action is also still in in the park)

I will have to give it a chance, at the end it is my profile picture haha, it can't be that bad...

By the way, does Disneyland Paris have a "MyDisney experience" app, to see atraction's time in line??

fradz

McDonald's sounds great! 😋
I will have to give it a chance, at the end it is my profile picture haha, it can't be that bad...
By the way, does Disneyland Paris have a "MyDisney experience" app, to see atraction's time in line??
They have an app with wait times yes, quite easy to find on Android or iOS.

I would do 2 days, so that you don't have to rush over things and can enjoy the parks as a first timer how they deserve to be enjoyed.
Don't hesitate to reach out if you want very practical tips or even help with your bookings. ;)

JillC LI

Do you have any recommendations?? Yes, do it!
Do you think Is it worth if I am staying for a small time in Paris? We were in Paris for 3 days in 2015, and we spent one of them at DLP. We stayed near the city and took the RER for the day.
Can I do both parks in one day or should I only do one?? Is there any transportation between both of them?? We had no problem doing much of both parks. We got their before opening and skipped any sit-down meals. You walk between the two Parks.
Are there fastpass+ like in WDW? Paper FPs, not FP+.
Does the magic band work overthere? Not when we were there.
Phantom Mannie will be open? Rat will be open? I hear somewhere it might be close... Don't know.
Which rides are somehow a must? Ratatouille, Crush, Phantom Manor, and POC (which is better than both WDW and DLR). Also see the Dragon beneath the castle, and Alice's maze. Anything unique to DLP is worth trying.
Which ones have such a difference that they are like a totally different ride??? POC is longer and better. RNRC and BTMRR seems slightly more thrilling in Paris than in Florida.
Are all the attractions in French? Yes, but that doesn't detract from them if you don't speak the language. All the CMs speak English but were delighted by my attempts to remember high school French.
See above in bold.

Last edited:

EarthboundChild

What would be the best time to visit during the June - August for crowd purposes? With school-age children alas I will have to join the summer vacation club but would mid-late June see less crowds since apparently kids in France don't see summer vacation until July?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
What would be the best time to visit during the June - August for crowd purposes? With school-age children alas I will have to join the summer vacation club but would mid-late June see less crowds since apparently kids in France don't see summer vacation until July?

Yes. Some European countries get out earlier, but most have school thru June. And weekdays will be slightly less crowded than weekends (when more AP holders are able to come).

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@EarthboundChild will you be staying onsite? Because you can get a surprising amount done with the extra hour in Fantasyland and then hitting some of the “big” rides as soon as they are open or as soon as you can grab a FP. And then spending the afternoon chilling at the hotel (be aware, not all hotels have pools) and going back in the evening makes dealing with the crowds somewhat easier.

EarthboundChild

@EarthboundChild will you be staying onsite? Because you can get a surprising amount done with the extra hour in Fantasyland and then hitting some of the “big” rides as soon as they are open or as soon as you can grab a FP. And then spending the afternoon chilling at the hotel (be aware, not all hotels have pools) and going back in the evening makes dealing with the crowds somewhat easier.
Not quite sure yet. My planned trip won't for a few years as I already have a Disneyland trip planned for this year and 2020 may be an off-year. 2021 would be the earliest I would go.

DLRP NEWS

Usually, the park is crowded around July 14th and the week of August 15th. But this year they have a brand new season so it's unclear how crowded it will be. But that season looks great so i would recommend to go after June 30th).

- Until June 16th there is Marvel season of Super Heroes (last year edition wasn't great ...)
- Between June 16th and June 30th there will be nothing to see ...
- From June 30th new Jungle Book & Lion King season

But you have to be aware that a big part of Studios park will be closed from this spring ... Art of Animation, Disney Junior, Cars, maybe Stitch Live, Armageddon and maybe a big part of Backlot ...

Last edited:

ColdSun

You should definitely eat at Bistro Chez Remy. The food is ok but the decor is extremely adorable. You should also make a dining reservation there because it tends to fill up.

tomast

Original Poster
Usually, the park is crowded around July 14th and the week of August 15th. But this year they have a brand new season so it's unclear how crowded it will be. But that season looks great so i would recommend to go after June 30th).

- Until June 16th there is Marvel season of Super Heroes (last year edition wasn't great ...)
- Between June 16th and June 30th there will be nothing to see ...
- From June 30th new Jungle Book & Lion King season

But you have to be aware that a big part of Studios park will be closed from this spring ... Art of Animation, Disney Junior, Cars, maybe Stitch Live, Armageddon and maybe a big part of Backlot ...

And by spring you mean??

I think I might have a lot of luck (?) And be around there for the 16-30 😭😭

Last edited:

tomast

Original Poster
And by spring you mean??

I think I might have a lot of luck (?) And be around there for the 16-30 😭😭
Yes I Just check, I will probably be there for the 20~22 of June,

Do you think Phantom will be open for that time?? I wish Rat would be open too and no under refurbishment.

Is it a crowded time of the year??
Do you think the Backlot tour would be close by then??? Thanks!

Brainleech419

I went this Last June, if you really want to ride rat and Crush's Coaster do Chrushs first then go to rat (maybe get a fastpass for rat or tower first) then spend the rest of the day in disneyland. none of the lines where long even though PoC and PM where closed

PiratesMansion

And about the studios, MGM/DHS was always my favorite park so I guess I will like Paris studios.
You know what they say about what happens when you assume?

I wouldn't be too upset if the Backlot Tour is closed unless you really want to see Catastrophe Canyon again. It's 15 minutes of my life I will never get back. Trust me when I say that nothing closing at the Studios was any good. And if Rat is indeed closed, at least it's coming to WDW and you'll be able to experience it there.

tomast

Original Poster
You know what they say about what happens when you assume?

I wouldn't be too upset if the Backlot Tour is closed unless you really want to see Catastrophe Canyon again. It's 15 minutes of my life I will never get back. Trust me when I say that nothing closing at the Studios was any good. And if Rat is indeed closed, at least it's coming to WDW and you'll be able to experience it there.
I am still not sure to buy the tickets, everytime I feel sure, I enter the website ready to buy and on last minute I cancel the transaction.

I was looking at the closure calendar :eek::oops::mad:o_O

I know, I dont have to do that haha.
For when I am planning to go I see:

Phantom Manor - Closed - (I knew it but I dont want to believe it haha Its one of the main reasons I wanted to go to DisneylandParis)
Alice's Curious Labyrinth - Closed - (I have read good things of the labyrinth and its something that WDW does not have. So its sad.)
Pirates of the Caribbean - Closed - (PoC is always a good and very Disney ride, I will miss it)
Autopia® -Closed (Its a meeh atraction, if its open I may ride it as a nostalgic memory. But I am not happy seen it closed.)
Disneyland Railroad -Closed (I don´t care)

Idk why I am so afraid of buying the tickets, but i feel that half the park will be close. I know I can go to PeterPan and Its a Small Wolrd but those are not my favorite rides... Ok, I must go everytime I go to MK but those are not the atractions that make me go to MK

Taking in consideration what @AndyS2992 said:

Disneyland Must Dos:
-Big Thunder Mountain :)👍
-Phantom Manor (Whenever it decides to open) 😭😭
-Pirates of the Caribbean 😭
-Indiana Jones & the temple of peril 👍
-Peter Pan's Flight 👎
-It's a Small World 👎
-Hyperspace Mountain 🙂
-Star Tours 2.0 (mixed feelings, I really like it but its not a decider)👎
-Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast 👎

and taking in consideration what @JillC LI said:
Ratatouille, (And I am afraid of having it close for refurbishment)🤞
Crush,👍
Phantom Manor,😭
and POC (which is better than both WDW and DLR). 😭

Also see the Dragon beneath the castle,👍
and Alice's maze. 😭

Idk, maybe this is not the right time for me to go and experience Disneyland Paris. Last year I went to tokio and did not go to DisneySea and Tokio Disneyland and I regret that but I am afraid that this time I might regret going to Disneyland Paris 😖😖

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom