Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

HauntedMansionFLA

They look like something you might see at a higher end office park not a Disney theme park. Boring.

Hopefully they go right down to the roots so they won't grow back.

Sort of like removing the wand or the bah. People won't appreciate it until they see the results.

IMO.
I hope they use both Innovations East and West as a massive meet and greet area. BUT each M & G has to be set up for FP+ to spread out the crowd even more. More FP chances fir the E tickets.

jt04

I just want them to open up both buildings again with construction walls up. I used to use them both as Air Conditioned shortcuts to Future World East/West.

That could be part of the problem. I doubt the HVAC was engineered to handle the current crowds. Hence the humidity problems. The certainly are not well engineered for crowd flow, queues, attraction space etc with today's numbers.

DanielBB8

Disney doing IP is not what everyone else is doing. They have always done it for itself. Disney being a mercenary for other companies was also their expertise. This is what doesn’t work anymore.

jt04

Yes, it is.

Fun fact. You’ll be glad to know today’s crowds are not exceptional and are nowhere near pushing the infrastructure.

I’m happy to clear up this little misunderstanding.

happy new year.

Why do those buildings in particular have that non-Disney like odor? Falls somewhere between a big city subway and a cattle farm.

jt04

Yes, it is.

Fun fact. You’ll be glad to know today’s crowds are not exceptional and are nowhere near pushing the infrastructure.

I’m happy to clear up this little misunderstanding.

happy new year.

Also, they don't have overcrowding because there isn't much to them. Add something popular and they will be mostly queue switchbacks. Happy to analyze the unintended consequences for you.

tirian

Put Mouse Gear in WoL temporarily. Starbucks into the Odyessey. Remove original structures including FoN. Hand Imagineering a blank canvas.

Multi-story structures would allow much more square footage. A monorail could run through it. Maybe a people mover.

Skies the limit.
They are multi-story structures, but haven’t been used that way in over 20 years. The old Centorium (Mouse Gear) had two floors and a pit.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I never really liked communicore... waiting and so many attractions were pretty lame imo. But it’s pretty crazy when you think of the amount of space and prominence the location has for it to be the shell it is...

jt04

Yep. Central had ground, the pit, the ramp, the preshow level, the main show level plus the balcony exit to the escalator.

Future Choice was multi level. Travel port was sunken. As was Expo and Futurecom, the latter had the balcony video phone operators too.

And of course the basement.

This is a good standard but seems like the could do more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom