Trip Report I am Jack's raging excitement

Merry Christmas to all my WDW Magic friends! We just returned from a wonderful 9 days at Disney that was jam packed with fun, food, and of course....these little beauties,

IMG_20181215_143720.jpg

We truly had many wonderful experiences and of the many trips we have had at WDW , this was one of our most memorable ones. I was eager to get this reported started as soon as we got home, but shortly after our return I was in a pretty bad car accident which slowed me down a bit.

IMG_20181224_093507.jpg

Thankfully I am ok, aside from a mild/moderate concussion when my head slammed into the steering wheel. The drivers of the other cars were ok as well. But lets rewind to appx two weeks ago when my radiator was not lodged into my engine and C and I were heading off to the warmer temperatures of Orlando!

As usual, we left the house early in the am in an effort to beat Atlanta traffic. We left around 6 am and within minutes there was an update on the radio that the highway was completely shut down due to an accident. We took an alternate route, but so did everyone else who had exited the expressway.

IMG_20181212_054451.jpg

It normally takes us about 20 minutes to get to Atlanta once we got on the highway, but with the hwy shut down it took a little over an hour. But once we got passed the accident and got back on the expressway, we cruised the rest of the way. A few hours later were in Fla!

IMG_20181212_093546.jpg

We stopped out or favorite breakfast spot in Gainesville, Maple Street Biscuit, for a quick meal.

IMG_20181212_105537.jpg

IMG_20181212_110527.jpg

IMG_20181212_110539.jpg

We got our food to go so we would not loose to much time. I'll say this, an ooey-gooey chicken bacon gravy biscuit is even better when its served in a small bowl.

As we got in the car, we noticed this man walking around the parking lot for someone to flash?

IMG_20181212_111226.jpg

We think he was looking for Phyliss from "The Office", haha.

We like stopping at Gainesville not only for the amazing biscuits, but also because its a little under two hours from WDW so it helps make the last leg of the drive feel pretty short. We take the 429 toll to Apopka becuase there is an awesome Publix we stop at to grab stuff for the room.

IMG_20181212_132846.jpg

We always get some our our "go to" beers (New Belgium) and I also get an experimental brew as well. Last trip in July I tried the Bimini Row and I was not pleased. This trip I went with Funky Buddha "Top Gun". I shall report on it later...And please note the Vitamin Water. Those who read my last TR may remember my nocturnal IBS and I was not about to let it happen again, lol!!! And C always gets lots of healthy fruits and snacks too!

We also take the 429 so we can exit off Western Way and take the back entrance to WDW which spares us from driving through Orlando traffic and is a much more peaceful drive, IMO.

For the holidays, some prefer to to be beneath the mistletoe, but we prefer to be under these...

image000000_06.jpg

Up next... checking in to our resort!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3 ctd...

We hopped off the monorail at TTC and decided to walk over to Poly. C had to use the bathroom so I waited outside for her. When she exited the bathroom, she was clearly shook up. She was nearly in tears and I asked what was wrong? She explained that a woman and her daughter had entered the restroom when she did and the little girl was running up and down the stalls kicking and pushing the doors open. C said she waited a moment to let the unruly kid (whose mother was standing at the sink doing make up or something in the mirror) and once the kid seemed to be finished, C entered one of the stalls (which were all empty). As soon as she entered, the mother began to bang on the door and was literally screaming at her saying, "how dare you cut off a child and go in the stall she was about to use!! C said the woman was banging on the door so hard it was shaking the whole stall. When she exited the stall the woman was standing there and got right in her face and continued yelling. C apologized and said she waited for her daughter. The woman continued yelling. C said she seriously felt like the woman was going to start a fight. She manged to get out of the restroom and found me. I immediately started walking to get a security guard but C said the woman had left the restroom by the time she found me and just wanted to leave. It seriously made me mad and all I wanted to do was find the woman and get security. That type of person is serious riff raff trash and has no place being at WDW with an attitude like that, let alone with a bratty child who she allows to kick open bathroom stalls.

C calmed down as we walked to Poly and I joked with her about TTC being riff raff headquarters and we wouldnt be using those bathrooms again. Soon we were qt Poly and enjoyed some more peaceful surroundings and Christmas decorations.

IMG_20181214_152947.jpg
IMG_20181214_153158.jpg

We decided to head to GF and hit up Mizners lounge since we had enjoyed it a few days prior.

We got to GF and C wanted to check out a few other bath bombs and soaps before we went to the bar.

IMG_20181214_155223.jpg

When we arrived at Mizners it was hopping. We found a seat near the windows and we waited for a server. After 5-10 minutes there was still no server. We noticed there was only one girl waiting on every table in the bar. Seriously, just one server and every table was occupied. I decided to go to the bar. I waited after the group in front of me and when the bartender asked me what I wanted, two older guys next to me who had literally just walked up started to give him their order. He told them I was next. In an effort to be polite considering it was the holiday season, I told them go ahead and order. Without so much as a thank you, they continued giving him their order. And of course, they ordered some ridiculous girly concoctions that required the bartender to mix a bunch of different stuff. I waited and waited, and when he was finished, another guest approached him as he rang up the order and the guy was clearyl upset about the wait. As I waited, C told me the waitress had come to tour table so I just sat back down. A complete waste of about another ten minutes. The waitress came by and greeted us and I was bit happier thinking we would soon have our beers. Not some random mixed drink with 18 different ingredients and a fancy umbrella, just a few beers.

IMG_20181214_160937.jpg

The waitress never returned, lol. That smile faded pretty quickly.

We had been there at least 25 minutes and as we watched the girl do her best to keep up, we realized it was hopeless. Several other guests were stopping her to complain which only slowed her down. We were surprised that at no point a manager or someone else showed up to help her. We just left.

We were a bit frustrated and decided that a nice boat ride to MK would be nice. We headed into the QS spot to grab a beer and headed to the docks. I thought I had taken a beer pic but I guess my camera was turned around and this is what I got, lol.

IMG_20181214_162509.jpg

I admired this cool orange and apple dispenser and managed to get a proper pic of it.

IMG_20181214_162507.jpg

Of course when we got to the dock, the boat was pulling off and the CM announced that the next boat would be there in appx 25 minutes due to a delay. At this point, We had just had it with trying to make a good afternoon at GF and walked back to the monorail. We fully expected the monorail line to be ridiculous, but it wasnt. We hopped right on and got to MK and bid good riddance to GF for the day.

MK quickly lifted our spirits and we were ready for some fun.

IMG_20181214_165853.jpg

IMG_20181214_165910.jpg

I was able to get a FP for Space Mtn so we headed to TL.

IMG_20181214_170356.jpg

IMG_20181214_171032.jpg

Up next.. more MK

Spash007

We hopped off the monorail at TTC and decided to walk over to Poly. C had to use the bathroom so I waited outside for her. When she exited the bathroom, she was clearly shook up. She was nearly in tears and I asked what was wrong? She explained that a woman and her daughter had entered the restroom when she did and the little girl was running up and down the stalls kicking and pushing the doors open. C said she waited a moment to let the unruly kid (whose mother was standing at the sink doing make up or something in the mirror) and once the kid seemed to be finished, C entered one of the stalls (which were all empty). As soon as she entered, the mother began to bang on the door and was literally screaming at her saying, "how dare you cut off a child and go in the stall she was about to use!! C said the woman was banging on the door so hard it was shaking the whole stall. When she exited the stall the woman was standing there and got right in her face and continued yelling. C apologized and said she waited for her daughter. The woman continued yelling. C said she seriously felt like the woman was going to start a fight. She manged to get out of the restroom and found me. I immediately started walking to get a security guard but C said the woman had left the restroom by the time she found me and just wanted to leave. It seriously made me mad and all I wanted to do was find the woman and get security. That type of person is serious riff raff trash and has no place being at WDW with an attitude like that, let alone with a bratty child who she allows to kick open bathroom stalls.

WTH! What is wrong with people :mad:

krisri18

Day 3 ctd...

C calmed down as we walked to Poly and I joked with her about TTC being riff raff headquarters and we wouldnt be using those bathrooms again. Soon we were qt Poly and enjoyed some more peaceful surroundings and Christmas decorations.

View attachment 341553View attachment 341554

We decided to head to GF and hit up Mizners lounge since we had enjoyed it a few days prior.

We got to GF and C wanted to check out a few other bath bombs and soaps before we went to the bar.

View attachment 341555

When we arrived at Mizners it was hopping. We found a seat near the windows and we waited for a server. After 5-10 minutes there was still no server. We noticed there was only one girl waiting on every table in the bar. Seriously, just one server and every table was occupied. I decided to go to the bar. I waited after the group in front of me and when the bartender asked me what I wanted, two older guys next to me who had literally just walked up started to give him their order. He told them I was next. In an effort to be polite considering it was the holiday season, I told them go ahead and order. Without so much as a thank you, they continued giving him their order. And of course, they ordered some ridiculous girly concoctions that required the bartender to mix a bunch of different stuff. I waited and waited, and when he was finished, another guest approached him as he rang up the order and the guy was clearyl upset about the wait. As I waited, C told me the waitress had come to tour table so I just sat back down. A complete waste of about another ten minutes. The waitress came by and greeted us and I was bit happier thinking we would soon have our beers. Not some random mixed drink with 18 different ingredients and a fancy umbrella, just a few beers.

View attachment 341556

The waitress never returned, lol. That smile faded pretty quickly.

We had been there at least 25 minutes and as we watched the girl do her best to keep up, we realized it was hopeless. Several other guests were stopping her to complain which only slowed her down. We were surprised that at no point a manager or someone else showed up to help her. We just left.

We were a bit frustrated and decided that a nice boat ride to MK would be nice. We headed into the QS spot to grab a beer and headed to the docks. I thought I had taken a beer pic but I guess my camera was turned around and this is what I got, lol.

View attachment 341559

I admired this cool orange and apple dispenser and managed to get a proper pic of it.

View attachment 341557

Of course when we got to the dock, the boat was pulling off and the CM announced that the next boat would be there in appx 25 minutes due to a delay. At this point, We had just had it with trying to make a good afternoon at GF and walked back to the monorail. We fully expected the monorail line to be ridiculous, but it wasnt. We hopped right on and got to MK and bid good riddance to GF for the day.

MK quickly lifted our spirits and we were ready for some fun.

View attachment 341560

View attachment 341561

I was able to get a FP for Space Mtn so we headed to TL.

View attachment 341562

View attachment 341563

Up next.. more MK
I'm trying to picture what my mom would have done if I had acted like that as a kid in a public restroom... Yeah, pretty sure I'd be buried at the TTC.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't drink beer, but I'm always reminded of Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl when they are pretending to be Australian and declare that American beer is a little bit like making love in a canoe....
Lol, perfect way to describe drinking a budweiser
I'm trying to picture what my mom would have done if I had acted like that as a kid in a public restroom... Yeah, pretty sure I'd be buried at the TTC.
Ya, my parents allowed my brother and I to have fun and be silly but we both knew the line and if we were to get disrespectful or disruptive we would be planted under a lettuce patch
WTH! What is wrong with people :mad:
Off-site, low class, non magic band wearing, rif raff garbage.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Yikes. I feel bad that C had to deal with that strange mother and kid. Really can't wrap my head around any of this.

Cue: @Tuvalu -- Hey, I think we just found Elliott's aunt and little cousin?! :facepalm: (They must have all traveled together to WDW, but would split up sometimes during the day, for the purpose of creating mayhem for other park guests.) :banghead:

ScarletBegonias

Finally crawled out of my disney depression hole to come back and read TR's!
I saw your post on IG about the room and omg. It's so nice! Sounds like that CM was truly awesome!
Sounds like you ran into some less than stellar people on this trip!

I hope you are feeling better after that accident!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Finally crawled out of my disney depression hole to come back and read TR's!
I saw your post on IG about the room and omg. It's so nice! Sounds like that CM was truly awesome!
Sounds like you ran into some less than stellar people on this trip!

I hope you are feeling better after that accident!
So good to see you back on the forums! You can't leave us that long again!! But yes, that GF villa was amazing. So much room to move around. But after seeing @lostpro9het 's refurbished 1 br at OKW, it looked just as well decorated and roomy and probly way less (DVC) points. But the VGF has that monorail view which was simply awesome. But I think we gotta check out OKW now too!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3 cntd...

After Space Mountain we realized that the park was going to be closing at 6 pm due to a MVMCP. We could only laugh at this point since it taken so much time to get to MK after monorail from Epcot and then the whole fiasco at TTC and then lost time at GF. We werent upset by any means, just laughing that we didnt even realize it was a party night at MK and a majority of our afternoon was travelling to actually get to MK.

Epcot was open until 9 so we figured we would head back there when MK closed. We dipped into Pinnochio House for a quick snack. I just ordered some chicken tenders and C had brought another mozzarella sandwich from Leaping Libations and had kept in the backpack. The CM asked if we wanted some gogurt for free and we said sure. He handed us about 10 packs. Score!

IMG_20181214_173134.jpg

IMG_20181214_173418.jpg

IMG_20181214_174011.jpg

We definitely needed that quick meal and it was great. We checked out the Wishing book before we left.

IMG_20181214_175307.jpg

The last entry that was made was hilarious.

IMG_20181214_175321.jpg

We have two parrots (and an Amazon and a Cockatoo), so this gave us a good laugh

The park was emptying out and the line for 7DMT was not too bad so we went for it.

IMG_20181214_181149.jpg

Our on ride photo never made it to my MDE. It was dark out by now and we definitely enjoy 7DMT at night.

A quick castle pic on our way out.

IMG_20181214_180308.jpg

And soon we were back at TTC, no bathroom breaks this time!

IMG_20181214_184429.jpg

up next Epcot..

Songbird76

Okay first the hidden Mickey in the floor at the Poly....
And now the Wishing book in Pinocchio’s Village Haus....

I’m gonna have to really start paying attention.....😂
Wow...I'm REALLY surprised you didn't know about this one! I don't know if it's urben legend or not, but I HEARD that originally, they would go through the book and if you had put your name and stuff in there, if it was something they could do, they would try to make your wish come true. Like...if you wished you could have free ice cream, they might surprise you. But I don't know how that would have worked, so it may not be true.
I wish I could ride Carrots over and over without a wait, even without a FP!

Doc Disney

My goodness that is awful. What the heck is wrong with people?! Otherwise enjoying your TR :) I can't wait to try out the GF DVC!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom