Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

jt04

Can confirm I’ve also heard that the contracts for Colortopia and Spectaculab are ending in the near future. I’d like to put a date out there but I don’t want to be attacked if they prolong the life of the attractions or cancel the closure.

Well if they want something by the 40th it will have to start soon. I think your prediction is safe.

Oriolesmagic

Nah. Lack of upkeep and isolated, poorly chosen attempts at upgrades was its flaw.

:)

Agreed. If you think about it, there really hasn't been attraction update/change that's widely been seen as an upgrade on its predecessor since Soarin' replaced Food Rocks.

And before that, if we're not counting the middle Journey into Imagination, is it Jeremy Irons version of SSE?

Just seems like a park that got it right the first time and has slowly been whittled away at for decades now.

I’m telling you, put a dark ride in one area, add some exhibits, and add the peoplemover that didn’t happen, and it would make the pavilion really nice.

I once had an idea to bring a Horizons-type attraction/dark ride into the Communi... (ahem) Innoventions buildings with a space allocated for each of the focal points for the future: Communications, Sea, Land, Air/Space, Energy, Transportation, etc. You could use the underground corridors to connect the areas via ride system or walkways. In some cases, you could even leave the glass unobstructed. There could be room for restaurants, gift shops, etc. and the PeopleMover could be a part of it showcasing the "wonders of tomorrow." Impossible? No...
Improbable? Yes.

jt04

Sounds like it'll be the longest coaster at WDW? Duration wise.
Is that correct?

Which is surprising for a launch coaster.
Most of Big Thunder's time is spent on the 3 lift hills

The new Potter coaster will also launch. Probably some similarities.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Innoventions died years ago.

I tried explaining how awesome this area once was to my wife. This place used to be something my family looked forward to visiting each trip. Now, it’s just depressing. I hate what theyve allowed it to become. I’m all for new attractions and don’t mind IP in countries (when it fits) as PART of an exhibit to round out the pavilion, but the transformation of this park has been sad to see

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
1982 of course. Was my favorite. And yes, became increasingly stale with each visit. Except World Showcase.
This isn't a knock on you at all, but that's surprising given your current view of the recent direction Epcot but I also understand not everyone was enamored by the original Epcot.

HauntedMansionFLA

The difference is the theater project was actually cancelled. Not to mention it was flawed from the start with many vocal opponents at various levels within the company.

The spine project continues to move forward (slowly). You should expect to see some action later this year. Technically you’ve already seen action you just didn’t realize it.
Where will the Festival Center be located for Food & Wine since Wonders won’t be used for it.

jt04

This isn't a knock on you at all, but that's surprising given your current view of the recent direction Epcot but I also understand not everyone was enamored by the original Epcot.

I thought FW was great. But it did grow stale for me. I think "science" edutainment does not create the best repeatable attractions. I do miss the original SSE descent and depictions of futuristic cities but not for their educational value. Rather the sense of wonder and visual aesthetics. World Showcase still provides that.

PortOrleans

I recently saw a post on an Instagram account that I follow that said that we should "say our goodbyes" to Colortopia. I decided to message the account and ask what they meant, and got told that "based on some sources" Innoventions is set to close "in the near future." How valid is this claim?

I have a couple of things to say.

1. There isn't much in there to begin with.
2. When quoting online sources that do not want their name put out there, always be careful. Sometimes these sources are legitimate (and I'll treat this one as such until proven otherwise) but often times they spread misinformation without meaning to do so.

Anyways,
I do appreciate you keeping us updated :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom