Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

jt04

Considering an official announcement of a complete renovation of "the spine" in which the artist's concept shows Innoventions to be gone, then yes, Innoventions isn't long for this world.

But, in Disney terms, that could be a few months or a few years away. Or never if they decide to keep some or all of the buildings, or reallocate the budget to somewhere else.

2022 should see something substantial. No idea what, but something.

peter11435

There was also an official announcement of a large theater at the MK complete with renderings as well.

This space continues to and will continue to be a parking lot for the foreseeable future.

Concept does not equal reality.
The difference is the theater project was actually cancelled. Not to mention it was flawed from the start with many vocal opponents at various levels within the company.

The spine project continues to move forward (slowly). You should expect to see some action later this year. Technically you’ve already seen action you just didn’t realize it.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The difference is the theater project was actually cancelled. Not to mention it was flawed from the start with many vocal opponents at various levels within the company.

The spine project continues to move forward (slowly). You should expect to see some action later this year. Technically you’ve already seen action you just didn’t realize it.

That's all well and good, but my point was that what was shown in conceptual art may not or probably will not reflect the final product. Ideas and plans change as the reality of developing them evolves. It wouldn't be the first time at Epcot that this has happened.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Technically you’ve already seen action you just didn’t realize it.

Riveting

img_8319.jpg

rle4lunch

What I meant to say was another 12-15 minute omnimover. I have boys 14 and 11. I spin yarns of days of yore when EPCOT was my favorite park because of how different it was from anything else I'd experienced. I'd been to several amusement parks. The Magic Kingdom blew them all away, but then EPCOT CENTER opened. It was amazing. I didn't need thrill rides. I could go anywhere and spin around 30 times, or go up and down hills for 40 seconds. THIS was different. I could get into a small vehicle with my father, mother, and brother, and look and listen. Be blown away with a story. Be awe struck by animatronics. All the while my head on a swivel and jaw dropped. Ride it a second time and notice something different because this time when I entered a scene I focused more to the right of the vehicle instead of the left. We'd get out of the attraction and ask each other if they noticed "this" or saw "that"? Sadly, only SE provides those conversations anymore. Even though my boys do love to spin and go up and down hills, SE remains one of their favorites on the property. Even though they're been on it 15 times.

Couldn't have said it better.

I'm just wondering how much a new state of the art 15 minute ride would cost them nowadays? 2-3 billion?

prberk

What I meant to say was another 12-15 minute omnimover. I have boys 14 and 11. I spin yarns of days of yore when EPCOT was my favorite park because of how different it was from anything else I'd experienced. I'd been to several amusement parks. The Magic Kingdom blew them all away, but then EPCOT CENTER opened. It was amazing. I didn't need thrill rides. I could go anywhere and spin around 30 times, or go up and down hills for 40 seconds. THIS was different. I could get into a small vehicle with my father, mother, and brother, and look and listen. Be blown away with a story. Be awe struck by animatronics. All the while my head on a swivel and jaw dropped. Ride it a second time and notice something different because this time when I entered a scene I focused more to the right of the vehicle instead of the left. We'd get out of the attraction and ask each other if they noticed "this" or saw "that"? Sadly, only SE provides those conversations anymore. Even though my boys do love to spin and go up and down hills, SE remains one of their favorites on the property. Even though they're been on it 15 times.

This is what I have found for other teenagers I have brought to the park as well. They actually want it to be different, like sometimes they have heard. It can and should be awe-inspiring. And if "IPs" must be involved, use their new association with National Geographic through the Fox acquisition. Perhaps do some "NatGeo" specials from the park. Would fit like a glove.

Last edited:

RobbinsDad

lol, not quite but how about something a little more current than

View attachment 341549

Which is pretty much what is there now. I'm just not into 'clingy" to some thing that ain't working just for the sake of nostalgia. lol but by all means let's keep a big empty building that pretty much is a meet and greet for characters because it "used" to have such great things 2 decades ago.

Disney is not going to spend the money needed to bring it back to the original theme, so yeah bring on the shiny
I can't find where anyone said, "Let's keep the Innoventions buildings with nothing in them." Can you please direct me to said post?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom