Live-Action Hunchback

Tick Tock

I have zero problems with this one. The animated is one of the most underrated movies in the Disney library (imo), and has probably the best soundtrack to any film. As long as they keep it true to it's roots and all the great songs intact, I'm in. If they try to throw in too many pointless changes to the plot (Here's looking at you, BatB), then I dunno...

erasure fan1

At this point I don't really care anymore. I've mostly given up on original new content from Disney live action. There is enough of a demand for this unfortunately, so they keep doing it. I'm sure we will see 90% of the animated movies redone unless we see a couple major flops.

El_Tomato

I really hope they don’t try going too “family-friendly” with this one. Hunchback is much darker than most of Disney’s classics, and I don’t know if I could stand two hours of fart-related puns made by CGI gargoyles in a movie theater. While I secretly hoped this would be partially inspired by the stage version, I also knew that was a lot darker than the original movie (not nearly as dark as Victor Hugo’s original novel, though).
Also, there’s no reason for this new movie not to be visually stunning. I don’t think we’ll have too many problems if they go along Into the Woods’ route (not the best stage-to-screen adaptation, but a gorgeous movie nonetheless). Beauty and the Beast, on the other hand, was a complete disaster (beautiful set design but terrible cinematography). All IMO, obviously.

Tick Tock

I really hope they don’t try going too “family-friendly” with this one. Hunchback is much darker than most of Disney’s classics, and I don’t know if I could stand two hours of fart-related puns made by CGI gargoyles in a movie theater.
I hope they tone down the gargoyles A LOT, if not remove altogether. That was my one complaint with the animated, how they went overboard with the silliness.

Tick Tock

LOVE the Hunchback soundtrack.
It is brilliant, and so overlooked. 'The Bells Of Notre Dame' is either my #1 or #2 favorite musical number in any film. So haunting and magnificent.

The only song I'd be okay with if they scrapped from the remake would be the gargoyles number. Or anything related to the gargoyles. Just keep them as decorations, not characters.

aliceismad

It is brilliant, and so overlooked. 'The Bells Of Notre Dame' is either my #1 or #2 favorite musical number in any film. So haunting and magnificent.

The only song I'd be okay with if they scrapped from the remake would be the gargoyles number. Or anything related to the gargoyles. Just keep them as decorations, not characters.
I may have sang a Hunchback medley in high school choir, and performed (likely terribly) in Disneyland.

Unpopular opinion, I didn't mind the gargoyles. I was irritated that the pretty guy gets the pretty girl though, just like always.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom