Contemporary resort

DougH

Original Poster
Can you watch Happily Ever After from top of Contemporary Resort? We have Chef Mickey's Dinner one night during our stay. Is there access?

MaryJaneP

We were there spring 2018 and observed Happily Ever After (HEA) from three spots, Main Street USA, the Contemporary California Grill Observation Platform (South, closer to Wilderness Lodge end), and the Contemporary Concourse (4th floor) deck. To us, in our opinion, while all three work, the optimum is obviously in park itself. 2nd would be California Grill (all fireworks and music, overall entire atmosphere and surroundings) with less visual detail on the projections. 3rd would be the Concourse (nearly all the fireworks and all the music, virtually no visual detail on the projections).

So, to answer the original question, yes, HEA is observable from the Contemporary Resort, but, in our opinion, not to the same extent as possible while in the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member
As many have said, access to the roof deck is reserved for California Grill diners. You can however, just walk out the north end of the Grand Canyon Concourse level (4th floor) and watch them from there. The area underneath the monorail beam can get congested so what I've done many times is just go over to the evacuation stairs on the Bay Lake side and walk up a couple of levels. You'll be above the monorail beam and have a great view of the whole show and still hear the soundtrack. It's certainly not the same show as standing on MSUSA or the hub but it's a whole lot less congestion during and after.

38053WDW

My wife and I walked up to the desk and said "Can we go have some drinks at the bar? They said sure .. elevator 2 .. we went right up .. watch the show and came back down... shhhhh :)

MaryJaneP

I believe some nights that area is reserved for ticketed events.

We haven't seen the whole concourse area reserved for a ticketed event. It was only a portion when we saw it, although it was the prime under-monorail-beam viewing area. Maybe it has expanded to the whole area, but not during our last visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom