How could Galaxy's Edge go wrong?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
One thing that will annoy me about the land in general will be all the people that think they are witty and will wear Star Trek uniforms and ask about Captain Kirk and Klingons. I'm guessing you will run into an average of 4-7 people dressed like this per day in the first few months. Yes, they both have "Star" in the name. Very clever. Now back to Ohio with you (Some offense to Ohio intended).
y7b4o.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then troll them back as Star Trek 4 was cancelled due to Star Wars stealing it's market.

That is not the case...beyond under and performed as with all Star Trek films...they don’t work with saturation. That’s why they have found it incredibly difficult stringing hits together and that isn’t tolerated by modern Hollywood.

Star Trek belongs on tv...which cbs is wisely going back to in the knew streaming world. Maybe they can get JJ to do a reboot?

...wait...this just in...

You know - back on course - you know what sci-fantasy franchise has a clear “arrow down” at the box office trend going?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My best friend is a self-professed SW geek....he thinks many of the "not living in reality" fans are going to be disappointed/angry because it's not based on a land that currently exists.

The rest of the SW fandom will be thrilled.

I don't think it being a new land will be much of a problem for fans since we are used to Star Wars constantly going to new locations. Other then the inside of the Falcon and the Cantina, both of which are getting in some form, Star Wars doesn't have that many truly iconic locations.

Animaniac93-98

The typical problems with new Disney attractions are demand exceeding capacity (aka long lines) and ride break downs. The question is if these issues are seen as worse by guests who plan their whole visit to WDW around Galaxy's Edge, and find it difficult to even get in.

I could imagine infrequent or first time visitors going to DHS Guest Relations and saying "we paid x to see Star Wars and got sent to the Muppet 3-D movie instead!".

I said before I felt badly for DHS CMs when all the construction was going on, but I don't think GE opening will make their jobs any easier.

FettFan

Sorry, but you are WAY off base on this one. Do you have any idea how popular a meet and greet with Rian would be? There are thousands upon thousands of fans that would wait hours for the chance to tell off Rian in person. And then they would get back in line to say, and another thing!.... :cautious:

They'd literally need to have Warwick Davis and Anthony Daniels sitting on either side of him to help keep the purists' anger in check.

Because honestly, how can anyone be mad when Mr. Davis is present?

Plus we'd get Daniels doing his C-3PO-isms. "Oh Dear. I do believe they think you're some type of devil."
"You seem to be made to suffer. It's your lot in life."
"The odds of successfully navigating away from this angry crowd are three-thousand-seven-hundred-and-twenty to one!"

FettFan

I don't think it being a new land will be much of a problem for fans since we are used to Star Wars constantly going to new locations. Other then the inside of the Falcon and the Cantina, both of which are getting in some form, Star Wars doesn't have that many truly iconic locations.

I've always believed that the Star Tours queue should have been Hoth. Enclose it all like the Wampa cave, have a few of the Matterhorn "ice wall" effects with the creature stalking the guests, then you turn a corner and exit to be under the feet of the AT-AT and a crushed snowspeeder with Dack's dead body inside.

That would have been cool.

erasure fan1

I've always believed that the Star Tours queue should have been Hoth. Enclose it all like the Wampa cave, have a few of the Matterhorn "ice wall" effects with the creature stalking the guests, then you turn a corner and exit to be under the feet of the AT-AT and a crushed snowspeeder with Dack's dead body inside.

That would have been cool.

Until the Wampa breaks down and has to be put in "dico mode".

Sorry, someone had to say it. :p

Last edited:

pax_65

One thing that will annoy me about the land in general will be all the people that think they are witty and will wear Star Trek uniforms and ask about Captain Kirk and Klingons. I'm guessing you will run into an average of 4-7 people dressed like this per day in the first few months. Yes, they both have "Star" in the name. Very clever. Now back to Ohio with you (Some offense to Ohio intended).

Reminds me of the scene in "The Big Bang Theory" where Will Wheaton attends a Star Wars film:

1547475273883.png

Joeamc

So with all the hype and anticipation surrounding Galaxy's Edge, it's become a given that the new lands will be a massive success, draw massive crowds for years and be the most immersive lands Disney has ever built.

All of that seems likely.....but what if assumptions are wrong?

Therefore, I'd like to discuss ways Galaxy's Edge could fall short of expectations or fail, just for the sake of speculation.

A few off the top of my head:
-What if all the hype scares away visitors?
-What if the massive crowds do come and Disney doesn't provide them a satisfactory experience? (Like not being able to get into the land at all)
-What if creating a new location -- rather than recreating a familiar Star Wars locale -- ends up being a negative for guests?
-What if the attractions aren't the huge leaps in tech or experience they're hyped as?

Please speculate wildly!
If you are a fan of Star Wars, you are excited about galaxies edge, PERIOD... All Star Wars fans are excited and cannot wait for the time where they can experience the sights, sounds, characters etc that they have grown to love. With galaxies edge being such a massive land, I don't think it will disappoint. With that being said, I can see some people staying away in the beginning afraid of the crowds. But once these people see its "possible" to get in, they will go. And most likely, it will have lines out the door right from the get go. Just my Take..

FettFan

That's not a ride park. That's a water park which is usually not considered a gate. If it were then we wouldn't keep talking about a "5th gate".

You some kind of theme park racist, boy? We don't tolerate that none 'round these parts.

'Cept'n maybe with the Six Flags. *spits tabacky*

justintheharris

I think Galaxy's Edge could ruin the DL experience. I don't know that Disney cares though as long as the crowds are there.
It's not farfetched to say Galaxy's Edge was DESIGNED TO ruin the Disneyland experience and turn the park from a locals' park to another cash cow like Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom