Coronado worth it?

Miss Bella

If for some reason I can't stay deluxe, I'll stay Coronado.
This is my thought. I'm a deluxe girl. CSR is my go to resort pre or post cruise or when I just need a resort for a day or two. My kids have always loved the pool area. I like having a health club.

I booked a club level room in the new tower for a week this August. I'm paying 279.00 a night. It will be my first time spending a week in a moderate, but I feel like this is going to be close to a deluxe resort... at least in amenities. Transportation won't be as good, but with the money I save I can just Uber or Lyft if I need to.

Minnesota disney fan

I guess I'm in the minority here, but CSR is my least favorite resort of any I've stayed out (including values). The food court is not my cup of tea. I was informed that it is managed by an outside company. Did not care for the on-site restaurant either. Glad everyone else enjoys it so much, more room for me at POR!

We didn't like the food court either, but when we went it was a chaotic mess. You had to go stand at different counters and wait for food; nothing was at the same counter. We had to go to 2 or 3 different areas for our food. We did that once, and we said never again.
It is so easy to eat at other places than the resort you are staying at. We now stay at POR/POFQ and only eat breakfast there. All other main meals are at the parks/Disney springs. So, if we stayed there again, we would do the same. Other than that, it was great.

Hi all, I’ve heard some really negative things from trusted sources about Coronado Springs.... however it looks like they’re putting a lot of work into the resort (opening new restaurants in July) AND it’s been a few years since they’ve stayed there.

Looking for others experiences there and if it has been good recently
CSR is our favorite Moderate, even beating out POFQ. Pay for a preferred room and you're close to the bus stop, food court, bar, etc. I agree with what someone else said about its having an almost deluxe feel. We had a positive experience for lunch at Pepper Market and my husband and I liked sitting outside at the lakeside bar. Our kids enjoyed looking over the railing into the lake to spot (small) gators lurking near the shore. Coronado is also centrally located to all the parks, so bus rides aren't a chore. The new tower is enticing. If guests staying Club Level at CSR are offered the opportunity to purchase additional Fast Passes, count us in!
Enjoy your stay!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
We didn't like the food court either, but when we went it was a chaotic mess. You had to go stand at different counters and wait for food; nothing was at the same counter. We had to go to 2 or 3 different areas for our food. We did that once, and we said never again.
One person's "chaotic mess" is another person's "flexibility." We didn't have a problem with it, and the four of us ended up with our food at the register at just about the same time anyway.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
This is my thought. I'm a deluxe girl. CSR is my go to resort pre or post cruise or when I just need a resort for a day or two. My kids have always loved the pool area. I like having a health club.

I booked a club level room in the new tower for a week this August. I'm paying 279.00 a night. It will be my first time spending a week in a moderate, but I feel like this is going to be close to a deluxe resort... at least in amenities. Transportation won't be as good, but with the money I save I can just Uber or Lyft if I need to.
Looking forward to your review... ;)

Minnesota disney fan

One person's "chaotic mess" is another person's "flexibility." We didn't have a problem with it, and the four of us ended up with our food at the register at just about the same time anyway.

Hey Larry: This was WAY back several years ago when it wasn't changed to what it is now. Even the servers had a difficult time trying to figure it all out. Anyway, once was enough for us. Haven't tried it since it was updated and changed. Sounds like it is better now.

Cherrypixie

I was looking forward to staying at CSR next year but now I am worried about the increase in the number of guests minus the increase in the number of pools making pool time very crowded. I don’t know if I’m the only person thinking this way OR if I’m overthinking things slightly (which I tend to do) but it’s still a concern!

correcaminos

Hey Larry: This was WAY back several years ago when it wasn't changed to what it is now. Even the servers had a difficult time trying to figure it all out. Anyway, once was enough for us. Haven't tried it since it was updated and changed. Sounds like it is better now.
I admit I didn't even mind it when it first opened. It's actually still my favorite food court and I'm not really a food court person :eek:

Gaston's gal

My daughter and I just stayed there in October for the first time. We were very pleased. Beautiful accommodations and had a room very close to the bus stop. I would stay you should try it

WDWJeffC37

CSR is our go to resort. We have done the values and POFQ and like CSR the best. The fact that it is a convention resort seems to make the morning buses less crowded. We almost always have great bus service and the transportation time to the parks is short. Looking forward to staying there again hopefully in the tower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom