How could Galaxy's Edge go wrong?

NickWilde

There’s not really that much that can “ruin” the land or cause it to “go wrong,” but I feel like placing the land in the sequel era would be a turn-off to some guests, as the sequel era is considered by them to be the “worst” of the three Star Wars eras. (This is especially true after the response to The Last Jedi)

Edit: By “some guests” I really mean diehard fans of the franchise, as tons of them have expressed hate towards the sequel era.

Last edited:

Hawkeye_2018

There’s not really that much that can “ruin” the land or cause it to “go wrong,” but I feel like placing the land in the sequel era would be a turn-off to some guests, as the sequel era is the least popular of the three Star Wars eras. (This is especially true after the response to The Last Jedi)
Disagree on the sequel era being less popular than the prequels.
Also, the land may be set in sequel era but it seems to have a lot of the same look and feel as the OT.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Some stats

1547217642618.png

DisneyMann

My best friend is a self-professed SW geek....he thinks many of the "not living in reality" fans are going to be disappointed/angry because it's not based on a land that currently exists.

The rest of the SW fandom will be thrilled.

mf1972

Sorry, but you are WAY off base on this one. Do you have any idea how popular a meet and greet with Rian would be? There are thousands upon thousands of fans that would wait hours for the chance to tell off Rian in person. And then they would get back in line to say, and another thing!.... :cautious:
after reading this, the 1st thing that came to my mind was the scene from airplane where people are lining up to slap that poor hysterical lady in her seat

DeletedAccount55555

Original Poster
It should be interesting because Anaheim opens first. So dependent on how that is received will increase or decrease the interest in Orlando.

Like if it is a ToyStoryLand or Fast & the Furious dud then people won't feel the need to go immediately. However if it is like Pandora/FOP then . . .

Calling Toy Story Land a dud seems like a big stretch. It's not on the level of WWoHP or Pandora, but it's still drawing crowds at a level more typical of new attractions than FoP. Not everything has to be an E-ticket/Galaxy's Edge-level expansion.

Positive reviews from Anaheim may increase anticipation about it in Orlando. I know the argument has been made that enough diehard fans may head to California to experience it first and relieve some pressure from the Orlando opening, but that seems unrealistic.

NickWilde

Disagree on the sequel era being less popular than the prequels.
Also, the land may be set in sequel era but it seems to have a lot of the same look and feel as the OT.
You haven’t been in the Star Wars fandom recently, have you? Since the release of TLJ in 2017, (and even since TFA in 2015) there’s been a lot of discontent for this era, with many of it’s critics being disappointied in all the “wasted potential.” (Some just hate it because they’re still salty about the old canon being wiped) I was a bit broad, but I meant to refer to these HUGE fans of the franchise who don’t like the ST because they feel it could’ve been. Of course the average guests gonna love it, even the more casual fans will.

And I’ve heard that there’s gonna be a lot of OT/Prequel references in the land, so that might make it worthwhile, even to those who aren’t fans of the ST.

Last edited:

Hawkeye_2018

You haven’t been in the Star Wars fandom recently, have you? Since the release of TLJ in 2017, (and even since TFA in 2015) there’s been a lot of discontent for this era, disappointied in all the “wasted potential.” (Some just hate it because they’re still salty about the old canon I was a bit broad, but I meant to refer to these HUGE fans of the franchise who don’t like the ST because they feel it could’ve been. Of course the average guests gonna love it, even the more casual fans will.

And I’ve heard that there’s gonna be a lot of OT/Prequel references in the land, so that might make it worthwhile, even to those who aren’t fans of the ST.

I get your point about the hardcore SW fans. But to the casual fans, the sequel trilogy is considered superior, and I don't think it's even close. Obviously the OT is the most sought after. The OT has had a presence in the parks since the original Star Tours so I get why they would want to move away from that a bit.

celluloid

I get your point about the hardcore SW fans. But to the casual fans, the sequel trilogy is considered superior, and I don't think it's even close. Obviously the OT is the most sought after. The OT has had a presence in the parks since the original Star Tours so I get why they would want to move away from that a bit.

The issue with the sequel trilogy and all the spin offs,is it will have rushed exposure within a decade. Obviously still huge, but not as long lasting to build generational excitement.

Kamikaze

Hard for me to move past the crowd levels being a big negative for people wanting to take their time to explore the land. Not sure how to avoid that though.

The lands will be crowd-limited at their entrance. Meaning that only a certain number of guests will be able to enter at once (same as when a park hits capacity). You will be able to stay inside the land as long as you want once you get in. They will be crowded, but they shouldn't be shoulder-to-shoulder overcrowded.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What could go wrong:
Disappointment/disillusionment

The hype will be far bigger than the payoff.
There are just 2 ***TWO*** attractions to service millions who hold an interest.

The land was built way, way too small with 2 screen based attractions.......terrible planning. It should have been 3 times the size built with 6 to 7 attractions: think half of a park instead of just one single land.
I think it will not meet expectations due to the fact that characters from the original trilogy will not be represented. To me the land is already sub par without Vader,, Han, classic stormtroopers etc. The OT easily has the most fans as a whole. Disney could have built a land that creatively contained multiple time periods.

Rarely is there nothing to add. These qualify

HiJe

One thing that will annoy me about the land in general will be all the people that think they are witty and will wear Star Trek uniforms and ask about Captain Kirk and Klingons. I'm guessing you will run into an average of 4-7 people dressed like this per day in the first few months. Yes, they both have "Star" in the name. Very clever. Now back to Ohio with you (Some offense to Ohio intended).

Indy_UK

Galaxy's Edge is going to be timeless. Every new Saga trilogy which gets released over the years can easily be updated and implemented to reflect the rides and characters in the land.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
One thing that will annoy me about the land in general will be all the people that think they are witty and will wear Star Trek uniforms and ask about Captain Kirk and Klingons. I'm guessing you will run into an average of 4-7 people dressed like this per day in the first few months. Yes, they both have "Star" in the name. Very clever. Now back to Ohio with you (Some offense to Ohio intended).

Then troll them back as Star Trek 4 was cancelled due to Star Wars stealing it's market.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom