Trip Report A Not So Splashy, Very Dashy, Somewhat Sleepy and A Little Frisky, Uplyfting Sept 2018 TR (Completed!)

Once again, it is so hard to believe that our adventure in WDW is over. I don’t understand how time goes so fast when we are there. Even though this was our longest trip ever, it still flew by.

We returned home around midnight on Saturday and I’ve been getting back to reality and catching up on reading other TR’s before beginning my own.

Just in case you may not know us…

Me: Mary/mom

IMG_4857.JPG

Ross – Dad AKA Grumpy, but was acting more like Sleepy on this trip. (And yes – those Crocs came along with him.)

IMG_5008.JPG

Julia – DD Sweet 16 this trip

IMG_3912.jpg

Hope – My 9 year old princess whose diagnoses of Autism usually lends itself to some interesting tidbits for my TR’s.

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

Trip details:

September 6th – 8th at Art Of Animation (Room only)

September 8th – 22nd Pop Century (MYW Package Free Dining)

Yep- that’s a LONG trip – our longest EVER. Still it managed to fly by in the blink of an eye.

If you’re not familiar with my crazy crew or you need to catch up, feel free to check out my pre trip report here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...feet-a-september-2018-pre-trip-report.944145/

All caught up? Are you ready? Okay then, here we go!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
OH thanks goodness for that sunglass hut gal... I just know it would have been an issue for you the entire time!

Exactly! You are correct - it would have been a huge issue for "me". :joyfull: Ross seems to get into enough mischief with correct vision, can you imagine him wandering blindly around WDW for the week? Although the possibilities for TR incidences are endless...

Spash007

Julia, Hope and my name came up at the end, but no Ross. Oh yes, for those of you who read last year’s TR… Remember how Ross’ Magic Band didn’t allow him to charge items? The same was happening this year. His Magic Band worked to get into the parks and open the room doors, but not for charging and the pictures did not recognize him either.

This must be what happened to me! When I went on the single rider, my picture never showed up. On Small World everyone else's name showed up, but not mine. But I was able to get into parks, the room etc. I didn't try charging, but I was so confused about the pictures. It wasn't a huge deal so I didn't ask anyone, but I have to admit I feel really vindicated right now that it wasn't just me haha. Thank you!

Ayden

Day 7 Wednesday September 12, 2018 Continued...

After the parade, I suggested that we try the Sunglass Hut location in Adventureland, but he said no – he would be fine. I knew better. He wasn’t fine. He couldn’t see more than a foot in front of him.

We walked into the firehouse to get the girls Sorcery Cards and then we continued back to Fantasyland to ride Small World.

View attachment 339382View attachment 339383View attachment 339380View attachment 339381

Julia, Hope and my name came up at the end, but no Ross. Oh yes, for those of you who read last year’s TR… Remember how Ross’ Magic Band didn’t allow him to charge items? The same was happening this year. His Magic Band worked to get into the parks and open the room doors, but not for charging and the pictures did not recognize him either.

Now just to recap, Ross was just about half way through his first day of vacation and so far he was groped by TSA at the airport, his MB was not working correctly, he thought there was only one bed in the room, his glasses broke and we lost Hope.

But to look on the bright side, Philharmagic was opened again so off we went to watch the symphony. Then we went to visit more royalty.

View attachment 339384View attachment 339385View attachment 339386View attachment 339387
It's so weird to see Ross without his beard. Over the holidays I was rereading your TR from 2013, with his enormous beard 😄

disneypearl

That was so nice of the CM to help you out with the glasses! I wouldn't have let anyone know of her kindness either. I wouldn't want to risk her getting in trouble for helping.
Glad you are back to reporting and hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
This must be what happened to me! When I went on the single rider, my picture never showed up. On Small World everyone else's name showed up, but not mine. But I was able to get into parks, the room etc. I didn't try charging, but I was so confused about the pictures. It wasn't a huge deal so I didn't ask anyone, but I have to admit I feel really vindicated right now that it wasn't just me haha. Thank you!

It's the strangest thing honestly. We spent so much time last year trying to have the CM's fix it but without any success so this year he just wore one of my extra MB to charge things. Ross thinks it has something to do with him not being on the first reservation, but who knows?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
That was so nice of the CM to help you out with the glasses! I wouldn't have let anyone know of her kindness either. I wouldn't want to risk her getting in trouble for helping.
Glad you are back to reporting and hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

She was just awesome! I really wish I could have gotten her some recognition. Hope you had a Merry Christmas too!!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
She was just awesome! I really wish I could have gotten her some recognition. Hope you had a Merry Christmas too!!

You probably could have given her some « vague » recognition (like saying she went above and beyond adequate customer service and that they are lucky to have such a CM in a public location) without ever mentioning exactly what she did for you. And if you were pressed for details you could have stretched the truth saying how good she was at talking you through the repairs 😉.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
You probably could have given her some « vague » recognition (like saying she went above and beyond adequate customer service and that they are lucky to have such a CM in a public location) without ever mentioning exactly what she did for you. And if you were pressed for details you could have stretched the truth saying how good she was at talking you through the repairs 😉.

Good points! That would have been good!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 8 Wednesday September 13, 2018

One thing that I really did differently this trip was I decided it was pointless making everyone wake up early. There were exceptions, as I did book a few breakfasts, but for the most part, I even tried to keep them on the later side. I had to concede that my crew is just not the rope drop type, especially with Ross in tow.

So even though I woke up first, I stayed in bed and relaxed for a while. I heard Ross wake up and walk over to the dresser to get his phone. He noticed his glasses, now fixed, and picked them up as if he didn’t recognize them. It was hilarious as he put them on and then looked all around to be sure they were his! He then came over to me and asked, “Did you get them fixed?”

“Yep.” I answered.

“Where?”

“The Sunglass Hut – the place I told you to go in the first place.”

He was beyond grateful to have his sight back. He even admitted to me that he walked over to the food court when he got back to the resort yesterday and had to leave because he couldn’t read the menus!

The girls woke up and since we didn’t have breakfast ADR’s, I walked down to the food court with Hope to get breakfast and bring it back to the room.

8D77530C-DE87-489F-9C87-636441CEE7A7.jpeg

Oh – Hope once again woke up wanting to “escape” the room. This was the moment when I realized that she was not “completing” her night when she fell asleep on the bus ride home. So from this day on, we always woke her up when we got to our bus depot so she could say good night to the busses. As crazy as that sounds, it worked; she never tried to exit the room in the morning again.

We had our breakfast and got ready for the day. We were heading back to the Studios today and Hope was very excited to show daddy Slinky Dog.

42EDFD90-82F2-4D06-98C7-6078D4D010AB.jpeg
0DB7B92F-8F07-4CBA-9DD7-9F02EAD39634.jpeg
813C367A-62FC-4830-9FB9-2A7D92EA43BC.jpeg

We left our room around 10:00 and made it to HS at about 10:15 and then began the CRAZY walk to the park entrance.

1372734E-6DEB-4F29-AA65-1A72F57B0EF1.jpeg
4A42D443-C9AE-4DAC-8C38-F20DDBA6CEA8_copy.jpeg

Hope loved seeing all the construction for the skyway.

1A95068E-2BCF-45A4-A800-7302A62330DB.jpeg

We managed to get on the longest and slowest security line, but soon we made it inside!

EDF57280-0DA6-4D2C-868D-1B2843BA389C.jpeg
C870B611-14F9-4965-BCF8-FB61729D7CB1.jpeg
0B10FEFE-74AC-4A5D-8E93-896AA185AC82.jpeg

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I had to change our first FP, since we missed it. But it was easy enough to do and we headed straight for our next FP – everyone’s favorite except yours truly…

2E6CC560-465F-4C84-BE13-130736721179.jpeg
5C045826-11C1-49B4-8999-06170545F653.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8266995113.jpeg

AS we exit ToT, we saw a film crew photographing a woman in a bellhop dress. Julia got excited and thought maybe it was Stacey, but no the girl didn’t look anything like her. But it seemed it was definitely a marketing thing. We would see the same crew another day at MK.

Then we were off to TSL – but first a coming attraction photo shoot!

3C3D1589-F9A4-4835-861B-7933B33A3284_copy.jpeg
8ECA6F44-56E5-4A24-99B1-C4A3F2ECDA1C.jpeg
DF229986-5E2F-4F6B-BF8C-583B998AD0C9.jpeg
C4AC47D3-0035-465B-BB63-C827EDBF7FE9.jpeg

Rista1313

Day 8 Wednesday September 13, 2018

One thing that I really did differently this trip was I decided it was pointless making everyone wake up early. There were exceptions, as I did book a few breakfasts, but for the most part, I even tried to keep them on the later side. I had to concede that my crew is just not the rope drop type, especially with Ross in tow.

So even though I woke up first, I stayed in bed and relaxed for a while. I heard Ross wake up and walk over to the dresser to get his phone. He noticed his glasses, now fixed, and picked them up as if he didn’t recognize them. It was hilarious as he put them on and then looked all around to be sure they were his! He then came over to me and asked, “Did you get them fixed?”

“Yep.” I answered.

“Where?”

“The Sunglass Hut – the place I told you to go in the first place.”

He was beyond grateful to have his sight back. He even admitted to me that he walked over to the food court when he got back to the resort yesterday and had to leave because he couldn’t read the menus!

The girls woke up and since we didn’t have breakfast ADR’s, I walked down to the food court with Hope to get breakfast and bring it back to the room.

View attachment 339875

Oh – Hope once again woke up wanting to “escape” the room. This was the moment when I realized that she was not “completing” her night when she fell asleep on the bus ride home. So from this day on, we always woke her up when we got to our bus depot so she could say good night to the busses. As crazy as that sounds, it worked; she never tried to exit the room in the morning again.

We had our breakfast and got ready for the day. We were heading back to the Studios today and Hope was very excited to show daddy Slinky Dog.

View attachment 339876View attachment 339877View attachment 339878

We left our room around 10:00 and made it to HS at about 10:15 and then began the CRAZY walk to the park entrance.

View attachment 339879View attachment 339880

Hope loved seeing all the construction for the skyway.

View attachment 339881

We managed to get on the longest and slowest security line, but soon we made it inside!

View attachment 339882View attachment 339883View attachment 339884

Does that cast member has green lips and face paint??????????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom