WDW open to public prior to official opening

Happy Shell

Original Poster
Is it possible that I visited WDW prior to its official opening? I found a photograph of myself circa 1968 and I am holding the iconic Mickey Mouse ears inside a clear balloon. I vaguely recall a memory of seeing the Dumbo ride, but not riding it. No family to help answer. Thanks.

Kamikaze

Is it possible that I visited WDW prior to its official opening? I found a photograph of myself circa 1968 and I am holding the iconic Mickey Mouse ears inside a clear balloon. I vaguely recall a memory of seeing the Dumbo ride, but not riding it. No family to help answer. Thanks.

No. Nothing was even complete in 1968. Construction was ongoing, but nowhere near the level where any rides or structures you could remember would be in place. You could have gone to DL.

Happy Shell

Original Poster
No. Nothing was even complete in 1968. Construction was ongoing, but nowhere near the level where any rides or structures you could remember would be in place. You could have gone to DL.
No, I am sure it was not DL. Well the mystery is still a mystery. Thanks though 💚

Sneezy62

There was a preview visitor center during construction...no idea if they had balloons. What makes you think the photo is ‘68? I’m not sure when the visitor center went in but it wouldn’t have been that early.

Happy Shell

Original Poster
Do you just have the one picture? Maybe you could post it and it might help someone with a possibility.
I only have the one photo. As I looked at it again, I think it is prior 1968; I am still a baby and am pictured with my mom and sister (both gone, so no info).
Screenshot_20190111-131059_Facebook.jpg

Happy Shell

Original Poster
Just the balloon. LOL, but seriously. I do remember 'being at WDW, seeing the Dumbo ride and wanting to ride, but it was not open. I realize thatI would be much too young to recall that in this photo, but just wonder if my parents took me there before it officially opened. Simply curious...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom