News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Why is everyone always hating on the engineers?? I'm an engineer. I love it!! My favorite character on Star Trek was Geordi because I always wanted to be an engineer. If you play the VR game Star Trek: Bridge Crew, the engineer doesn't just push buttons but has an important job of balancing the power systems, repairing the ship, and making sure you aren't detected by enemy ships. It keeps you busy and your mission often depends on it.

Ok, I digress. Honestly, we don't know the extent of the engineering positions or how fun they will be, but I say let's wait and see before we automatically assume they are the butts of the ride. :geek:

mickEblu

Why is everyone always hating on the engineers?? I'm an engineer. I love it!! My favorite character on Star Trek was Geordi because I always wanted to be an engineer. If you play the VR game Star Trek: Bridge Crew, the engineer doesn't just push buttons but has an important job of balancing the power systems, repairing the ship, and making sure you aren't detected by enemy ships. It keeps you busy and your mission often depends on it.

Ok, I digress. Honestly, we don't know the extent of the engineering positions or how fun they will be, but I say let's wait and see before we automatically assume they are the butts of the ride. :geek:

Ummm we do know you re not piloting and you re not shooting at anything. We ve seen video of Engineers in the third (and probably most undesirable) row turning their head to a side panel away from the screens/ action to press buttons. Even if engineering ends up being fun, it’s pretty clear that it won’t be more fun than flying the ship or shooting things.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
New details about Disneyland's upcoming Millennium Falcon ride suggest your score will follow you around for the rest of your park visit.

Here is the link:
https://www.businessinsider.com/disneyland-star-wars-millennium-falcon-ride-details-2019-1

From the article:

Barrons also confirmed rumors that how you fly the ship will affect your time spent in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge land, and your reputation will precede you. Do a poor job (or a phenomenal one) piloting the Millennium Falcon and the shopkeepers and citizens of Black Spire Outpost — the "location" of Star Wars Land — will know. That's right: for the very first time, your experience on an attraction can and will affect what happens while you wander around a Disney park.

Interesting that they would call this a rumor. We've been told this will happen almost two years ago. At the Star Wars Celebration in 2017:

Trowbridge also eluded to it at the reveal of the model:

Perhaps because these are from two years ago people assumed that it was too early to be confirmations, but ideas they wanted to do thus labelling it as a rumor. Personally, I think it was planned all along. I also figure that these reporters aren't as obsessed about information as some of us fans are, so they don't know all the details themselves.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
STEM majors are nerds.

I'm not a nerd, I'm a geek.

Ummm we do know you re not piloting and you re not shooting at anything. We ve seen video of Engineers in the third (and probably most undesirable) row turning their head to a side panel away from the screens/ action to press buttons. Even if engineering ends up being fun, it’s pretty clear that it won’t be more fun than flying the ship or shooting things.

I guess the slight tongue in cheekness was too subtle? ;)

I agree most people will want to fly or shoot, but there will be a small market for those who like engineering or just want to try all of the positions at some point. As a vacationer, I know I'll only be able to ride this once, maybe twice on a trip, so I like the repeatability and being able to try something different. It may take me a couple years to do it all.......granted we even get any choice on position to begin with.

mickEblu

I agree most people will want to fly or shoot, but there will be a small market for those who like engineering or just want to try all of the positions at some point. As a vacationer, I know I'll only be able to ride this once, maybe twice on a trip, so I like the repeatability and being able to try something different. It may take me a couple years to do it all.......granted we even get any choice on position to begin with.

I predict some sort of express lane to engineer or single rider/ engineer line.

SWGalaxysEdge

... I don't think we're gonna be hearing "mommy mommy, can I be the Engineer? I don't want to see the front screen or have the fun task on the ride"

TROR

When I was a kid I went to a Star Wars exhibit at the Los Angeles Science Center where they had a mock up of the Falcon's cockpit. I ended up sitting in the second row (there were only four seats in this one) and I couldn't see the screen at all.

SWGalaxysEdge

Here are the queue lines for "Smuggler'
queueline_lol.png
s Run"

mickEblu

Single rider = engineer ?

Yeah that’s what I meant. It has to be addressed somehow. They re not going to have CMs dealing with an overflowing line of riders Q’d up for rows 1 and 2 in the load area. Not if they re smart.

Engineers wouldn’t be exclusive to single riders obviously but single riders would exclusively be engineers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom