News Bobby Mouse needs his cut.. (Price Increase)

SuddenStorm

Alnost doesn't make sense for any non-locals to do Disneyland anymore. You'd think that kind of price structure would have long-term consequences, but what do I know?

Their current pricing structure encourages non-locals to spend multiple days at a time at Disneyland, 4 days is only $25 more than 3, and 5 days is only $15 more than 4. 5 days at Disneyland Park is $340- the amount of shows, music acts, and attractions that allows you to experience still seems like a solid deal, and the demand for the product is there.

SuddenStorm

You give us more experiences like SWL and all of classic Disneyland (like Tropical Hideaway), well i'd be fairly "ok" about the price increases. Give us Pixar Pier (& Pixar Fest), M:BO (& Marvel Land), Hyperspace Mountain (& SW Tomorrowland), movie previews where MV3D used to be, and all the other IP advertisement trash they throw in the parks.. IMO, the prices should be going down not up.

We can blame increases on whomever we want but the real heartbreak comes from them targeting the same IPs with ZERO integration of non-IP attractions, budget cuts, issues (ehem, Toy Story Land), cookie cutter experiences; then charging more for all of it like it's what we're asking for.

Yes, I understand Supply and Demand. blah blah Disney is a business. I understand people love the newer stuff. For some reason. To each their own, but this is MY opinion and with it I am fairly unhappy about the direction here. Personally I don't think i'm asking for too much; More originality, even with loose IP integration. Some of the best attractions ever created put originality and care above all else.

I mean for goodness sake, there's more love and care in temporary overlay HMH then there is in what $hapek is offering as a full experience.

You completely misunderstand. People don't go to Disney parks to ride nondescript coasters themed to [twilight zone] or whatever, Disney's offering them the opportunity to experience Pixar or Guardians of the Galaxy.

Phroobar

You completely misunderstand. People don't go to Disney parks to ride nondescript coasters themed to [twilight zone] or whatever, Disney's offering them the opportunity to experience Pixar or Guardians of the Galaxy.
giphy.gif

shambolicdefending

Their current pricing structure encourages non-locals to spend multiple days at a time at Disneyland, 4 days is only $25 more than 3, and 5 days is only $15 more than 4. 5 days at Disneyland Park is $340- the amount of shows, music acts, and attractions that allows you to experience still seems like a solid deal, and the demand for the product is there.

Well, yeah, the price-per-unit goes down the more you commit to up front. That's standard for just about any kind of business.

But, in my own personal view, even the cheapest per-day tickets are above what I'd consider paying for a Disney experience. Add in hotels, travel, etc. and I just don't see the value.

Only makes sense to me if you live locally and can buy an AP and visit a ton for a flat price.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well, yeah, the price-per-unit goes down the more you commit to up front. That's standard for just about any kind of business.

But, in my own personal view, even the cheapest per-day tickets are above what I'd consider paying for a Disney experience. Add in hotels, travel, etc. and I just don't see the value.

Only makes sense to me if you live locally and can buy an AP and visit a ton for a flat price.

I'm thinking about the Premier Passport and i'm having a difficult time understanding who the target market is. People who live in Orlando and just occasionally go to LA for business / Disneyland? I mean for 2 grand you're gonna have to visit the parks ALOT to get your moneys worth, and like you said that's not to mention travel, lodging, food, etc.

Phroobar

Cedar Fair has a season pass that lets you visit all of their parks. So does Six Flags. It's just a industry standard thing. It's kind of nice to hit up a new park when your traveling. Granted Disney's is 10x more expensive than the other too.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Cedar Fair has a season pass that lets you visit all of their parks. So does Six Flags. It's just a industry standard thing. It's kind of nice to hit up a new park when your traveling. Granted Disney's is 10x more expensive than the other too.

For sure I agree that Premier Pass should be a thing, but for that price tag i'm wondering who's gonna buy it and get their money's worth with it. I was thinking about getting it at 1500+ and even then i'd have to make another trip to Disneyworld (after my Jan trip) and a lot of visits to DL, which is easier, to make it worthwhile. But at almost 2k I'd imagine i'd have to be living at (or around) Disney.

shortstop

For sure I agree that Premier Pass should be a thing, but for that price tag i'm wondering who's gonna buy it and get their money's worth with it. I was thinking about getting it at 1500+ and even then i'd have to make another trip to Disneyworld (after my Jan trip) and a lot of visits to DL, which is easier, to make it worthwhile. But at almost 2k I'd imagine i'd have to be living at (or around) Disney.
I think you’d be surprised. There’s a rabid albeit small portion of the Disney Parks fanbase that easily gets their money’s worth on those AP’s by making multiple trips to each resort. But like you say, most of them are probably locals to DLR or WDW.

I mean, just look at how often a lot of the people on the WDW board on this site travel to Orlando. Throw in a trip or two to Anaheim and you easily get your money’s worth.

Darkbeer1

I have the Cedar Fair, Six Flags and SeaWorld multi-park passes, and since I am a member of the American Coaster Enthusiasts, I get use of all 3 easily, especially with CoasterCon events.

by the way, CoasterCon is being held in Southern California this year. SF Magic Mountain and Knott's being the main two parks. Lots of exclusive time in both parks, behind the scenes tours and a lot more. And all at a very reasonable price. Having the SP's gives you a great discount.

http://coastercon.com/html/2019_coaster_con.html

Darkbeer1

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/11/disney-ceo-iger-got-an-81-compensation-boost-in-2018/

>>
2018 was a very good year for Walt Disney Co.’s chief executive.

In a proxy statement posted Friday, Jan. 11, the company disclosed that Bob Iger’s compensation package last year jumped to $65.65 million vs. $36.3 million in 2017.

According to a Seeking Alpha report disseminating the proxy statement, Iger saw his stock options rise the most, to a value of $35.35 million from $8.98 million in 2017. His base salary rose to $2.87 million from $2.5 million.

Christine McCarthy, Disney’s chief financial officer, got a 32 percent bump in total compensation, earning $11.84 million.

Seeking Alpha reports Disney’s shares ran mostly flat in 2018, ending the year up at $109.65 after starting the year at an adjusted $110.05.

In December, Disney’s board firmed up the stock-return goals the company must exceed for Iger to receive a massive block of shares, something that was part of his contract extension in December 2017. But the board also sweetened the deal by increasing the chief executive officer’s potential payout.

Under the new terms, Iger can earn a maximum of 1.17 million shares if Disney’s stock return beats at least 75 percent of the companies in the S&P 500 Index over the four years ended Dec. 31, 2021. As of early December, that potential payout was worth $135.4 million.<<

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/11/disney-ceo-iger-got-an-81-compensation-boost-in-2018/

>>
2018 was a very good year for Walt Disney Co.’s chief executive.

In a proxy statement posted Friday, Jan. 11, the company disclosed that Bob Iger’s compensation package last year jumped to $65.65 million vs. $36.3 million in 2017.

According to a Seeking Alpha report disseminating the proxy statement, Iger saw his stock options rise the most, to a value of $35.35 million from $8.98 million in 2017. His base salary rose to $2.87 million from $2.5 million.

Christine McCarthy, Disney’s chief financial officer, got a 32 percent bump in total compensation, earning $11.84 million.

Seeking Alpha reports Disney’s shares ran mostly flat in 2018, ending the year up at $109.65 after starting the year at an adjusted $110.05.

In December, Disney’s board firmed up the stock-return goals the company must exceed for Iger to receive a massive block of shares, something that was part of his contract extension in December 2017. But the board also sweetened the deal by increasing the chief executive officer’s potential payout.

Under the new terms, Iger can earn a maximum of 1.17 million shares if Disney’s stock return beats at least 75 percent of the companies in the S&P 500 Index over the four years ended Dec. 31, 2021. As of early December, that potential payout was worth $135.4 million.<<

Gotta love paying higher prices to increase bobbys pay while he IPs freely all over the parks.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/disney-ceo-bob-igers-pay-rises-80-to-65-7-million-1202533947/

"Walt Disney Co. Chairman and CEO Bob Iger saw his pay rise to $65.7 million, an 80% increase over a year ago, according to documents filed today with the SEC."

DanielBB8

Disney stock is flat since April 2017 when it was worth 115 per share. If you look at Oct 2017, the stock was worth $98. In Dec 2017, stock was $110. By Dec 2021, it could rise much higher, but long term investors are not exactly rolling in the dough. Iger has no risk stock options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom