News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

AlexValve

I think the new colors are more in line with the concept of the Castle being a 'fairytale' castle. If I recall correctly, the new paintscheme was chosen so that the castle would always look lively when hit by the sunrays of SoCal. It's not really pink, but peach-orange. I honestly think the paintscheme introduced in 2015 is better looking than the scheme in the 90s, but I suppose the nostalgic value is worth being considered.

SuddenStorm

I think the new colors are more in line with the concept of the Castle being a 'fairytale' castle. If I recall correctly, the new paintscheme was chosen so that the castle would always look lively when hit by the sunrays of SoCal. It's not really pink, but peach-orange. I honestly think the paintscheme introduced in 2015 is better looking than the scheme in the 90s, but I suppose the nostalgic value is worth being considered.

Worth mentioning that the '90s paint was far closer to what Walt had back in the '50s (taken 1957)-

Sleeping Beauty Castle March 1957.jpg

The current paint job isn't offensively bad- but it'd be nice to have something return to its roots.

Last edited:

AJFireman

Curious now since there has been discussion about Mickeys Mix Magic. Will this side be done before the 18th its not a scrim to project on.

Disney Analyst

The walls have an explanation of the work being done, plus info on stuff that's been added over the decades that ruins a lot of unofficial tour guides scripts. There's also a rendering by Kim Irvine on the color scheme being applied.

fetch

fetch

Looks like it should be a bit of a paint change for sure!

DisneyDreamer08

Just in time for our one day visit this month :( (husbands first ever to DL!) Are there any spots around the side or back to get a non-wall photo? Are the walls visible from the beginning of Main St?

SuddenStorm

The walls have an explanation of the work being done, plus info on stuff that's been added over the decades that ruins a lot of unofficial tour guides scripts. There's also a rendering by Kim Irvine on the color scheme being applied.

fetch

fetch

Hard to tell from that photo, but it looks like they're planning on scaling back some of the 2005 pepto pink, and are returning to a more subtle look for the castle- a blend of the old and new. This refurb looks like a huge win for the park.

Nland316

fetch

fetch
I really hope this is true to what we’re receiving this refurb. Reminds me a lot of Hong Kong’s latest scheme before their castle began its expansion with more creme hues.

Attachments

• 8C094CBB-F4B3-4372-9490-D1553A1DD44B.jpeg
    8C094CBB-F4B3-4372-9490-D1553A1DD44B.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

180º

fetch

fetch
Interesting! Looks much closer to the ‘89 colors than what we’ve had recently. I look forward to seeing the result.

I couldn’t find the front of this set, but here’s the north elevation of the New Fantasyland color scheme from the late ‘80s:
1A7128C5-CEA5-4AF5-B8A2-E34B671707E2.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom