Trip Report Ice cream, BTMRR challenge and a Magical time .....Completed

Hi and welcome.

I’ve been home from our trip a week now and the cold, wet UK weather is depressing me so I’m going to get this TR started.

For those of you who have joined me before you’ll know I’m a bit mad on Disney - like everyone here I know but I literally just can’t get enough and really absorb every second of my time in the world. I also insist on ice cream every day when on holiday so expect ice cream photos along the way.

So the details.....

Myself and my husband Chris

8414C9DF-3D1D-44DA-8A4E-30759B72973F.jpeg

This was our 23rd visit to the world with all stays being 14 days or more with the exception of our special bonus March trip this year. It had been 229 days since I stepped out of the world and I was so ready to go back.

We left on the UK on 7th November and were scheduled to leave America on 21st November - (more on that Later as there were a few bumps along the way)

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (home) - all trips to Disney except my extra March trip have been here. I love Riverside, it’s just so peaceful after hectic days in the park and it had been a whole year since I had been here.

Isn’t it beautiful?

6649F0C1-62B1-4E74-AA80-D937D3FC157D.jpeg

And as for the rest of the TR title those of you who follow @Tuvalu TR’s will know she tags me in the BTMRR pictures. We both have a love for the ride and I curiously asked her how many times in a year she thinks she rides. So we’ve been counting and having a friendly challenge even though I thought I would never stand a change of winning it’s going to be fun to see how it turns out.

I managed to get an additional trip in this year during March and ended that trip on 7 rides (so maybe there was hope for me to win). @Tuvalu is there now though and is currently on 18 rides for the year........ So how many did I end up at?

So let’s get this started.......

Longers

Original Poster
Another fabulous ice-cream filled Longers report! Can't wait for the next one!

Thank you - I can’t wait either

Such a great trip report! I'm glad you two had so much fun and that you were able to spend a whole birthday at WDW. Birthdays there are the best! Enjoy your trip in March too!

Thank you - will you be there?

Wow! So sorry to hear about all the uncertainty about the flight. Sad that this TR is at an end because I was thoroughly enjoying it....BUT ....super excited you'll be back in March. Time will fly and you'll be back in your happy place before you know it. Thanks so much for sharing. Loved the post with the recap of all the ice cream. All I have to say about that is YUM!

I was sad it ended but it took me longer than normal. Normally I am done within a couple of weeks and super chuffed to be headed back so soon.

So happy to read this TR... come back for Food and Wine in September so we can meet up!

You and Tuvalu have entertained me with your "competition" all year..... it's been fun!
I would love that but as we’re there in Aug I don’t think it’s going to happen.
And I think we always knew Tuvalu would win with the number of trips she does but I had fun trying - I think with maybe 1 more trip I could have beat her.....

Longers

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your trip report! I really enjoyed looking for, and reading your updates. (Loved the last ice cream photo :))
It's great that you and Chris are going back in March! Your new trip will be here before you know it! I'm going next month & cannot wait!!

Thank you for reading. I am super pleased I get to go to F&G again. I totally fell in love with it last year.
And so pleased you have a trip to look forward to.

Great TR again!!

Job well done Longers

Look forward to your March trip adventures

Max

Thank Max - me too! In the meantime I’ll continue reading your TR

I really enjoyed reading about your adventures through Walt Disney World. It is obvious visiting WDW brings you great joy! I love the ice cream collage. So happy you get to return in March. Booking another trip is the best way to chase away the Disney blues. Congratulations on the annual pass! It just gives you an excuse to come back more often:)

Thank you so much. WDW is truly my happy place. I just brim with excitement when I am there. My nephews already think I’m quite a happy person - they’ve seen nothing yet! They best prepare themselves for Aug.
And excited to be back in March....

Longers

Original Poster
I love your philosophy about living your life. You almost made me cry. I'm so glad you had a great time and can't wait to hear about your March trip.

I’m sorry I nearly made you cry but its Very true. Life is way too short and can be taken away from you at any time. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. I lost someone very special this year in July and another relative after that in early Nov and I think that puts things in perspective again.
We need to tell those we love that we love them.

Disney is my happy place no matter what - if I feel down I play the welcome music (the old one) when we used to have Casey junior coming down the track to open the MK. And then everything is ok again.
Walt Disney is truly a man I would love to bring back so he can see how he has touched so many lives.

I appreciate you reading and commenting - sorry If that has actually made you cry now!
And there will be a March trip TR for sure :)
Loved reading your trip report! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you

Longers

Original Poster
That was a very enjoyable TR, and thank you for sharing your experiences. Your photos were great (I really like the most recent ones with the fireworks, in particular).

But my favorite, was the photo collage of different ice cream treats you both had!! :joyfull::hungry::joyfull: WELL DONE!!! :happy:

Thank you for reading and those ice creams were yum - looking forward to more in March now.

i enjoyed your report! So sorry about your flight delays. Delays stink, but bad communication makes it so much worse!

Happy to hear you'll be back in the World so soon! :inlove:

Thank you - and I guess it could have been worse with the flight home it was just bad communication.
And can’t wait to go back. I thin’ I saw somewhere tp7 are looking for Sept/Oct after the “bump” makes an appearance.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventure! I cant wait for another TR in March but I am most excited for August with your family! Disney better up the ice cream making😁

Thank you - I agree March will be good but I’m hoping to create a new load of family memories in Aug.

Another fun report! I was so sorry to read of your flight delay, but I am happy you were able to pay respects, I am sure that meant a lot to you. I am looking forward to your next set of adventures. :cool:

Thank you and yes I paid my respects (in my shorts) so it was ok in the end.

great TR as always. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I loved it! 👍🏻

Thank you for reading

Loved every word of this trip report. I say it every report but you and Chris are #couplegoals ! Your Disney and ice cream enthusiasm are contagious. Now off to eat a few scoops of black raspberry chip:happy:

Thank you - Disney is truly our happy place I’m just so pleased Chris loves it as much as me - or I might have had to divorce him.....

Sounds like GRAETER'S!! My favorite flavor, as well!

What is this ice cream? Never heard of it!

sheriffwoody

And can’t wait to go back. I thin’ I saw somewhere tp7 are looking for Sept/Oct after the “bump” makes an appearance.
We are! We're not sure when, but it'll mostly likely be the first or second week in October. It's the hardest time of year because we both have a lot of work stuff going on, plus I shoot a lot of fall weddings BUT...we love Disney in Oct, so we figure it out :inlove:

Longers

Original Poster
We are! We're not sure when, but it'll mostly likely be the first or second week in October. It's the hardest time of year because we both have a lot of work stuff going on, plus I shoot a lot of fall weddings BUT...we love Disney in Oct, so we figure it out :inlove:

Good job you understood my reply - did them all early this morning before work and clearly some of the predictive text etc took over.
I have always thought October would be good - maybe one year!

John Dulmage

Thank you for reading and those ice creams were yum - looking forward to more in March now.

Thank you - and I guess it could have been worse with the flight home it was just bad communication.

Thank you - I agree March will be good but I’m hoping to create a new load of family memories in Aug.

Thank you and yes I paid my respects (in my shorts) so it was ok in the end.

Thank you for reading

Thank you - Disney is truly our happy place I’m just so pleased Chris loves it as much as me - or I might have had to divorce him.....

What is this ice cream? Never heard of it!
Graeter's Ice Cream are local shops in the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana area of the country. It is the best ice cream and in their ice cream that normally has chocolate "chips", they have these dark chocolate Chunks - and somehow the chunks don't get super hard like in some ice creams - always melt in your mouth smooth. Hard to describe, but I'm sure you'd love it. There are a lot of people from our area that travel to Florida a lot. I think they would be successful with a Disney Springs location.

Longers

Original Poster
Graeter's Ice Cream are local shops in the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana area of the country. It is the best ice cream and in their ice cream that normally has chocolate "chips", they have these dark chocolate Chunks - and somehow the chunks don't get super hard like in some ice creams - always melt in your mouth smooth. Hard to describe, but I'm sure you'd love it. There are a lot of people from our area that travel to Florida a lot. I think they would be successful with a Disney Springs location.

Sounds amazing, my mouth is watering and it’s only 9am. I will be sure to check them out if I venture into any of those states.

We won't be in WDW at all this year, we decided to do Disneyland in California this year. We are passholders there there is year. I suppose if I ever started my trip report from Thanksgiving, I would have shared that already. I'm such a slacker.:)

Oh no, that’s sad but at least you get to go to California instead so you’ll still get your Disney fix.

Songbird76

I'm sorry that you missed the funeral, but glad you at least got to pay your respects. Delays are really no fun! Especially for international flights! (We had a 7 hour delay on our first trip with the kids, going home and we missed our connection and they stuck us on a bus instead of another flight. Worst. Trip. Ever.) I'm glad you have something to look forward to, though!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom