Trip Report Ice cream, BTMRR challenge and a Magical time .....Completed

Hi and welcome.

I’ve been home from our trip a week now and the cold, wet UK weather is depressing me so I’m going to get this TR started.

For those of you who have joined me before you’ll know I’m a bit mad on Disney - like everyone here I know but I literally just can’t get enough and really absorb every second of my time in the world. I also insist on ice cream every day when on holiday so expect ice cream photos along the way.

So the details.....

Myself and my husband Chris

8414C9DF-3D1D-44DA-8A4E-30759B72973F.jpeg

This was our 23rd visit to the world with all stays being 14 days or more with the exception of our special bonus March trip this year. It had been 229 days since I stepped out of the world and I was so ready to go back.

We left on the UK on 7th November and were scheduled to leave America on 21st November - (more on that Later as there were a few bumps along the way)

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (home) - all trips to Disney except my extra March trip have been here. I love Riverside, it’s just so peaceful after hectic days in the park and it had been a whole year since I had been here.

Isn’t it beautiful?

6649F0C1-62B1-4E74-AA80-D937D3FC157D.jpeg

And as for the rest of the TR title those of you who follow @Tuvalu TR’s will know she tags me in the BTMRR pictures. We both have a love for the ride and I curiously asked her how many times in a year she thinks she rides. So we’ve been counting and having a friendly challenge even though I thought I would never stand a change of winning it’s going to be fun to see how it turns out.

I managed to get an additional trip in this year during March and ended that trip on 7 rides (so maybe there was hope for me to win). @Tuvalu is there now though and is currently on 18 rides for the year........ So how many did I end up at?

So let’s get this started.......

Tiggertoo56

Wednesday 21st Nov

The worst day ever! Leaving day,

The alarm went off playing Shakira - try everything - No That’s the music to signal we are coming not that we are leaving.

I made a comment out loud we shouldn’t be leaving and then........ an email from Virgin, our flight had been cancelled!

Now normally I would be jumping up and down at that news an extra day in Disney (now we are AP’) but the parks were busy and I had a funeral to get back to. Which before I came away I thought I would miss, then heard it was the day we were landing so I was pleased I wouldn’t be missing it. But this news meant I would be missing it again.

We started panicking anyway around al” the logistics - we hadn’t booked a package holiday, where would we sleep? how did we extend the car? etc.

I face timed my mum and cried - I wouldn’t make a 1pm funeral

I left Mum and we started searching - she was checking her end to see if she could find anything and she said the day before the flight had been cancelled. Our app was saying the flight was still going. Orlando airport said the flight was cancelled. - everything seemed to be giving us mixed messages.

Mum phoned virgin who said the flight was cancelled and we should head to the airport and there would be overnight, a meal and buses to ferry us to our accommodation all sorted.

We then got a text to say the flight was leaving but later than normal

Our app was saying cancelled so we literally didn’t know what to do!

We then had a brainwave and decided to go to Disney Springs check in (thank goodness they do that as it wasn’t far to go to try to get a proper update) we went to the front desk to explain our situation, they were fully booked tonight but they said they would of course try to help us find somewhere if we didn’t get any joy with Virgin. They extended our room to try to take some of the pressure off while we tried to get sorted and we both headed to the springs.

They confirmed the flight was going but it would be delayed until about 3 hours later than scheduled.

So we headed back to the resort to pack and finally left our room at 11am.... still not fully sure what was going on or what time our flight was going.

leaving Riverside was a heart wrenching moment.

View attachment 339172

View attachment 339173

View attachment 339174

View attachment 339175

We headed to MK (via the front desk to tell them we had vacated and thanks for their help in extending the room while we tried to find out what was going on)
Can't really like that one! Hope the journey back wasn't delayed for too long?

Longers

Original Poster
We arrived at MK with 15 mins to spare for our BTMRR FP - we did a quick walk in the hope of making it for one last ride of the trip

AB8EE0F0-4303-4413-AC10-9C2BB6B1478E.jpeg

DB8E27E1-CB86-4920-9866-B9A49803B73C.jpeg

B9CE1A69-6D02-499E-B11D-972FCD5B45E8.jpeg

the queue was long when we arrived but we made it.

We rode in row 12 - I didn’t ask for the back row - i know very unusual but it was busy and row 12 is near to the back anyway.

Also no photo to document the occasion - clearly our mind was on other things.
I think this was ride number 6 of the trip and 13 overall. So I didn’t get to @Tuvalu number of (i think) 19 but it was fun trying and I did only have 2 trips when she lives there!

We headed straight there to HM - again long queues but we decided to wait, while queuing we were checking for updates on our flight - everything we checked was still showing different information.

21FDE09A-79FB-4DD0-B853-C0B9697708A8.jpeg

This was the FP queue.

71C7322D-7C36-47CE-A87F-533A56FB3D24.jpeg

I spy Mr Toad

77131435-3BD9-4F70-82B3-7178B7B5D742.jpeg

3398C445-B27C-4F9C-974A-C2412DADAC09.jpeg

1A7ADDF4-7E64-4992-A2E1-9FC84BD2A385.jpeg

Longers

Original Poster
We left HM and did mobile order for some food at Columbia Harbour House but the wait was still over 45 mins! Although everyone kept calm and chatted to each other while we waited.

There were no tables inside although most people were just sitting there with no food - it’s a shame tables are reserved as if I would have sat down when we ordered I would have been sat there 45 mins and I am sure others could have eaten in that time. Ok moan over....

We headed outside and found a table to sit at, and sat in the fresh air in the sun which actually was quite nice. We missed our buzz FP though due to the food taking so long.

Before I leave for the last trip to MK - I have to see the parade so we headed towards guest services and stood on the steps to watch the parade go by.

On the last day we have to leave before Mickey and Minnie come though as I can’t bear to see that last float pass me by knowing I won’t see it for a while. I cry anyway at leaving but that just pushes me over the edge.

FFEE5476-D1A5-461D-9ED0-3191579CF024.jpeg

FC96B9C2-856F-4CC5-8E59-70BEF69A1D75.jpeg

E6B520BF-C482-4227-950C-3491D4C20B71.jpeg

152CB77A-7F58-4DEC-9D8C-25C840169DA6.jpeg

Goodbye MK - until next time

31168095-E1B9-4358-B969-0A346978AF53.jpeg

3213A5B3-8FAF-42ED-8927-8A93572AA22D.jpeg

I’m going to miss this sight

BEAF551E-4B15-480E-84C7-D6483931859C.jpeg

We were still trying to find out about our flight as we waited for the bus.

4037F8FA-1EFC-4744-92ED-75F9FA5C9E83.jpeg

We arrived back at Riverside changed clothes and went to the shop to spend the rest of the snacks/meals & then packed them. We had way to many!

While on the shop I realised with all the drama we hadn’t had an ice cream :(

But fear not....

We compromised and found a solution

8EC7719A-E908-4E76-A1C9-CBC4A5AE4A2A.jpeg

We stood outside in the car park at Riverside just eating our ice creams holding onto every last second.

Alas time was up we had to leave - we pulled out, tears rolling down my face and headed to the airport to try to find out what was actually happening.

I have never seen queues of traffic around the airport we literally queued to get in. It was mad!

We dropped the car off and headed to check in. The Flight was going, around 2 1/2 hours Later than it should be but they don’t class that as a delay as they say they changed the scheduled time of departure.

The check In Lady seemed surprised at our problems but someone else we sat next to on the flight on the way out had the same issues - apparently they found out via Twitter the flight was going!

I have to say we always travel virgin and have never had any issues but this day was clearly different.

We shopped and got food in the airport and headed to the departure gate.
With the new scheduled departure time I might make the funeral but I would literally be going in the clothes I was wearing.

But things were soon going to change again.....

The cabin crew were around but it was clear this flight wasn’t going at the new time either.
An announcement came saying there was a further delay and they apologised but at that point I knew I wouldn’t make the funeral and I started crying.

The ladies opposite us were so nice they had been celebrating a birthday in Disney too and they tried to talk to me which really did help.

I think we finally got onto the plane after midnight so not too bad I suppose in the end as I think the original time was something like 8pm. It’s just a shame the communication hadn’t been better.

We were approaching the runway at the time the funeral started so I had a few tears on the plane.

We made it back to the UK and thankfully didn’t have to pay anything further for the car park.

Chris dropped me off at the wake in the clothes I was wearing so 8 might not have made the funeral but I did show my respects.

I finally got home about 6pm to unpack but I did get to see my brother and mum which was nice and also gave me a chance to give away most of these snacks we accumulated.

95F6D538-5B6E-4277-A3D3-BC7D9E72BC7A.jpeg

I so wish you could Bank some of these meals/snacks for fiture trips!

Longers

Original Poster
And so my trip comes to an end.
We had a great time as always and became AP’s

We ate several different ice creams

3DE3C6EB-9773-48FA-BAF3-458E70C0734B.jpeg

And only last night we booked another trip!

We will be back on 8th March for 7 nights to see F&G again.

I need to see if my butterfly is ok......

We’ll be staying offsite as I think I need to get into training for Aug in our villa with the family.

Disney is my happy place.
Yes it’s expensive but I don’t drink or smoke.

It’s the place myself and Chris get to spend time together away from work and busy life.

Life is too short so you have to live it.

So live it I will.

Thanks for following along

Longers

Original Poster
How stressful about the flight - at least if you had some clear/definite information you would be able to take decisions accordingly, but to have conflicting information is awful!

It was a very stressful flight mainly because of the mis information. very unusual for Virgin (as that’s why we use them and not cheaper airlines that I hear cancel all the time) just the right information earlier on would have been helpful

Can't really like that one! Hope the journey back wasn't delayed for too long?

It could have been worse!

LSV

PM me your address. I have like 4 of them & I would be happy to send you one!!
Oh that’s so kind of you but I don’t want you to be out of pocket and not sure of the cost for posting to the UK?

If it’s expensive please don’t worry.

Disney friends are the best!

I don't think posting to the UK will be expensive, but if this doesn't work out I can get a magnet to you when you visit in March.

LeighM

Riverside does have annoying bus stops. The thing that bothers me the most is when I get to the bus stop at a resort, out of habit I go to where the bus loads. I'm not going to wait for the bus in the spot furthest from the loading area. But sometimes people get upset that they think I'm cutting in front of a line, that clearly doesn't exist there, because they were there first. I don't even pay attention to anyone at the bus stop to even know who was there first or ask what bus they are waiting for. I just tend to go to the front and try to stay out of the way. But there was one time I skipped the entire line but most people would've done that. We were at the Riverside bus stop at Disney Springs. We were way at the end of the line. There were FQ people that said the bus was only for Riverside. So then other FQ people refused to go to the bus. The people around us wouldn't budge and I asked them if they were going to get on. Finally, the bus driver gets off and yells out that the bus is going to Port Orleans and to get on the bus. No one moved. After about 3 minutes of this nonsense, I was like screw it, I'm getting on the bus LOL. I got out of line, went the long way around, and got on. The driver started laughing and made a joke about people not paying attention. Finally, people saw me and my husband getting on and wanted to know what was happening. The bus driver again announced he was going to both PO resorts. Then people got on and gave me dirty looks bc I entered the bus before them. It was too much.

Longers

Original Poster
I’m so glad you will get to go back to your happy place in just a few short months 😀

So am I

I don't think posting to the UK will be expensive, but if this doesn't work out I can get a magnet to you when you visit in March.

That’s so kind thank you

Great TR as always!!

Thanks and for seeing if you can get me a magnet

So sorry to hear of your homeward bound delay....but wanted you to know I fully enjoyed reading along and wish you and Chris a wonderful holiday at F&G (it will be here before you know it!)

And I am VERY impressed with 13 BTMRR rides in only 2 trips. :happy:

Thank you and we gave the challenge a go - it was quite interesting just to count up to see how many times we did ride and 13 rides in 2 trips was better than 7 in one - that bonus trip helped (and we’re repeating this year)

Longers

Original Poster
Riverside does have annoying bus stops. The thing that bothers me the most is when I get to the bus stop at a resort, out of habit I go to where the bus loads. I'm not going to wait for the bus in the spot furthest from the loading area. But sometimes people get upset that they think I'm cutting in front of a line, that clearly doesn't exist there, because they were there first. I don't even pay attention to anyone at the bus stop to even know who was there first or ask what bus they are waiting for. I just tend to go to the front and try to stay out of the way. But there was one time I skipped the entire line but most people would've done that. We were at the Riverside bus stop at Disney Springs. We were way at the end of the line. There were FQ people that said the bus was only for Riverside. So then other FQ people refused to go to the bus. The people around us wouldn't budge and I asked them if they were going to get on. Finally, the bus driver gets off and yells out that the bus is going to Port Orleans and to get on the bus. No one moved. After about 3 minutes of this nonsense, I was like screw it, I'm getting on the bus LOL. I got out of line, went the long way around, and got on. The driver started laughing and made a joke about people not paying attention. Finally, people saw me and my husband getting on and wanted to know what was happening. The bus driver again announced he was going to both PO resorts. Then people got on and gave me dirty looks bc I entered the bus before them. It was too much.

This made me chuckle - I swear sometimes people are so in their own little worlds they literally don’t know what’s going on around them. I think going to where the bus loads is a great idea.

LisaBelle

Wow! So sorry to hear about all the uncertainty about the flight. Sad that this TR is at an end because I was thoroughly enjoying it....BUT ....super excited you'll be back in March. Time will fly and you'll be back in your happy place before you know it. Thanks so much for sharing. Loved the post with the recap of all the ice cream. All I have to say about that is YUM!

CaliKris

I really enjoyed reading about your adventures through Walt Disney World. It is obvious visiting WDW brings you great joy! I love the ice cream collage. So happy you get to return in March. Booking another trip is the best way to chase away the Disney blues. Congratulations on the annual pass! It just gives you an excuse to come back more often:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom