Trip Report The “lets count the ways Land is greater than World” as seen through the eyes of the #noobsfromgeorgia.

Whelp, this may be a record start of a TR for me. I’m sitting in LAX right now waiting to board and doing my best to put off grading the 30 term papers I need to have done by Monday so why not start this report! There is no true PTR to reference for this trip other than the breadcrumbs I dropped over in the Deja Vu TR. The lowdown is as follows:
The crew: DW, DD, and Myself
IMG_5365.JPG

Lodging: 1 night at Paradise Pier and 4 nights at The Grand Californian.
The plan: 2 days at Disneyland and 2 days at California Adventure in the following order CS/DL/CA/DL

Despite the title, I promise this wont be a dump on WDW TR but it was hard to ignore the things that DL does so dang well. That said, lets do this.

This journey starts with a night at the Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport-North. We’ve stayed here once before for a Disney trip and had a great experience. What is nice about this place is you get to park your car for the length of the trip just for staying the night at the hotel and they shuttle you to and from the airport. This is especially nice when you have an early flight, which we did. The accommodations are nice enough and serve the purpose.
IMG_4359.JPG

We let yelp help us find dinner and found a fantastic taco stand located in a hole-in-the-wall in the bad side of town. Worth it!
IMG_4361.JPG

As I said before we had to fly out at 06:13 which meant we had to get up early. Andrew W.K woke us up at 04:10 so we could get down to the lobby for the 4:40 shuttle. This was still better than the 3:00 wakeup call we would have had to do if we drove straight from home!
IMG_4362.PNG

My naive mind had me thinking we would be the only folks at Atlanta’s Hartsfield–Action-Jackson- Atlanta International Airport and Spaceport. Yeah, it was hopping!
IMG_4364.JPG

We had a mild wait to get through security and were soon enjoying some bagels at our gate with 30ish minutes to spare.
IMG_4365.JPG

This was our first time flying American and I would absolutely fly them again! The complementary in-flight movies/TV on demand for laptops and iDevices was appreciated and every row had charges to plug your devise in! We got seated and I immediately had to embarrass the kid before watching The Avengers: Half Ya’ll Gonna Die.
IMG_4366.JPG

IMG_4367.JPG

IMG_4369.JPG

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Loved the report and your comparison! I never really had an itch to go to DL, but the hubby and I are already talking about it now. The youngest is obsessed with Cars, so a visit to Carsland is now in the works! Enjoy the madness in WDW, and can't wait for the full report.
Thank so much! The Carsland theming was excellent and I’ve seen pictures of the Halloween overlay there and think Fall would be a great time to visit too.

Madness is right! I think its busier this week than Spring Break.

another top shelf report @lostpro9het
truly enjoy your time and effort you put into your TR's. eager to see your opinions on New Year's at the world.
Thank you! So far its been a great trip. Wonderful weather so far but very busy. We had another great Jiko visit too.

Thanks for the great report! Now I can't wait for our trip next month!
Thank you! I hope you have great crowd levels next month. Either way it will be great.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Absolutely. I ventured over to the DCL board a few nights ago and read some of your posts, as well as some of the others that seem to be very well versed in all things DCL. The pre-feelings are STRONG. 😬
A0185267-82F7-478C-A2A6-77ED93E37CD8.jpeg

Very excited for you! Your Disney feels will explode when you step on that ship for the first time. The amount of verklempt will rival anything Linda Richman has ever felt.

DisSplash

Absolutely. I ventured over to the DCL board a few nights ago and read some of your posts, as well as some of the others that seem to be very well versed in all things DCL. The pre-feelings are STRONG. 😬

Oh the prefeelings be massive for DCL!!! :p Definitely a Spinal Tap rating of 11, whereas WDW for me is probably a solid 9, and maybe a 10 on an uncrowded, perfectly sunny, I-got-every-FP-I-wanted kind of day. It’s another whole level, that DCL. I am prefeeling the crap out my December 2019 cruise!!! And it’s still 11 months away! You will LOVE it!

blreinsel

Oh the prefeelings be massive for DCL!!! :p Definitely a Spinal Tap rating of 11, whereas WDW for me is probably a solid 9, and maybe a 10 on an uncrowded, perfectly sunny, I-got-every-FP-I-wanted kind of day. It’s another whole level, that DCL. I am prefeeling the crap out my December 2019 cruise!!! And it’s still 11 months away! You will LOVE it!

Eek! I am SO excited! 😍 So much to look forward to in 2019! 👰🏻😬

bee

We're pretty sure we wont renew our APs this year but our plan was to use the AP money to cruise more but maybe we should DL more instead?:geek:
Maybe other Disney parks??
Tokyo??? If you can handle the flight, that is! I spent a lot of time at TDR ranking WDW vs. DLR vs. TDR. They each have advantages and disadvantages.

I really enjoyed your report (that I finally caught up on today!) and share a lot of your opinions of Orlando vs. Anaheim. Can't wait to read the NYE report!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Tokyo??? If you can handle the flight, that is! I spent a lot of time at TDR ranking WDW vs. DLR vs. TDR. They each have advantages and disadvantages.

I really enjoyed your report (that I finally caught up on today!) and share a lot of your opinions of Orlando vs. Anaheim. Can't wait to read the NYE report!
NYE TR should start this weekend. The start of the semester combined with coming back to work after being off for 2 weeks took its toll.

True to my word, we got our DCL on today! I canceled our May BWV stay for the 4-nighter.
May19.jpg

April20.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom