Trip Report *COMPLETED* No bouche for you! But do you want to build a snowman?

Hello all! We've been back for almost two weeks now, and while the holidays are still winding down, I still wish I was back in Disney so I figured I'd get this TR started! First the intros -

Who: Myself (Frank), my wife K, and our 4 year old princess C. This would be our second trip as a family in just as many years. I had been many times when I was younger with my family, and K had been a few times in the past. Once we hit college years we had stopped (for some reason), but after last year we were hooked (again for me).

IMG_4184.JPG

Also joining for the first half were my in-laws, G & P. They prefer to not have pictures on the internet, so they won’t be visibly appearing in this report.

When: December 9 - 15th 2018 (G & P were the 9th - 12th)

Where: Caribbean Beach Resort, stayed in Aruba 4626. I've always wanted to try this resort, and when I saw the concept art for the renovations I was really excited. We knew it was a risk that construction could get pushed back (and I started getting really nervous in August/September), but with a free dining promotion it was a deal I couldn't pass up! I'll give my thoughts on the resort including the renovations in the report.

Why: I detailed this more in the PTR, but long story short - we're expecting a little mouseketeer in April, and wanted one more big trip just the three of us. Plus the past year had it's ups and down and we could use a good vacation to round out the year. 65 days out G&P asked if they could join, and while it meant re-arranging a bit, we figured the more the merrier!

What this trip report has in store for you: Transportation failures, face-stuffing and imbibing, magic band failures, scooter drama, seasonal merriment, DVC dilemmas (do we join? you'll have to find out!) and of course quite a bit of magic.

Last edited:

Spash007

Original Poster
It sounds like G&P were a great addition to this trip! it is so helpful having an extra set of hands with a toddler, and having grandma and grandpa be that help - even better for everyone. I am sure that you all made some great memories!

As much help as they provided, I think the memories were by far the best part about them coming. We all luckily get along really well, and I would definitely go with them again.

Sorry you guys ran into so many issues early on. Luckily it seems like MVMCP went well for the most part. The picture of C on the tea cups is priceless! I love the pics of all the Christmas decor. Disney at Christmas is one of my dream trips!

The issues at the beginning were more of a headache than anything too bad, and could have been a lot worse. In the scheme of things though, the trip definitely made up for them! And Christmas there was great, I really don't want to go at any other time now

Spash007

Original Poster
Making our way into the hub it was very crowded. We shouldn't have been surprised, but I think we got comfortable with the low crowds from the rides. We tried making it through any openings we saw to get closer to the center, but it became clear we just weren't in any state to weave through people. We settled on a spot in front of one of the turrets that hold the projectors, which in all reality wasn't a bad spot. For Happily Ever After we would've missed some of the projections, but for a mainly fireworks show this worked.

As I mentioned C was crashing, so we let her stay in her stroller and gave her her blanket. She really wanted to know when it was going to start, but when I went down to her when they made the announcement, she shook her head "no" and said she would stay in her stroller. We figured she could still see some of them, but last year she was terrified of the fireworks. We were a little nervous but we just kept an eye on her.

Pictures really don't do Holiday Wishes justice. I've never seen Hallowishes, but these were great!
IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg

I also loved the score for them - when I was a senior in high school, we played a medley of the music from the Polar Express at our winter concert, and musically it was one of my favorite pieces we played. (Yes, I was and still am a band nerd. No shame :bookworm:) I knew they played music from Polar Express in the fireworks, but being there was something different. I actually think the music they played was the same arrangement we did, just with the vocals in.

IMG_3358.jpg

A benefit to our spot was that Tinkerbell flew right over! Enjoy the blurry shot that looks just like a speck... But was really cool in person as this was taken directly overhead.

IMG_3350.jpg

Around this time I looked down at C to see how she was doing and was PASSED OUT. :jawdrop: Not only wasn't she afraid of the fireworks, apparently the loud booms lulled her to sleep! At first we were disappointed she was missing them, but then realized that in the end, it probably didn't matter too much and we would just enjoy then.

I continued to enjoy the snowflake projections.

IMG_3372.jpg

But the most amazing thing by far were the perimeter fireworks. I wish I had gotten a better picture, because those were something else.

IMG_3374.jpg

When driving up to MK this day, there was a sign saying the road would be closed for fireworks that night. I had a feeling this was it, but never did I expect to enjoy them so much!

Eventually the castle returned to her glory
IMG_3375.jpg

With C asleep, we figured to head to the front of the park for the parade. We could have had time for a couple rides possibly, but 1) C would skip, 2) We were all tired, and 3) There was no way we were going to cut through this crowd. We were stuck going with the masses.
IMG_4712.jpg

It was honestly nerve-wracking getting out of there. This time G stayed with me while I pushed the stroller, and P stayed with K while she tried to maneuver the crowds. For the most part here, people were polite. Yes we got separated, but for the most part this was just because of the flow of people. We had to have gaps between the stroller and ECV, and people flowed into them. There were some people fighting there way through to make it ahead of everyone else, but for the most part I think everyone had the same idea to just keep swimming....

Once we made it to the area around the plaza, crowds slimmed a bit and we were able to be together again and come up with a plan. We were considering watching the parade from the handicap spot outside the firehouse so that we would be closer to the entrance, but we really wanted to still see the castle from our spot. As we walked we found an open spot in front of the Confectionary, so I jumped the curb with G and the stroller and claimed it, while K went hunting for a ramp to get on the curb. And once she did, she had to go against the crowds heading out of the park. Once she got to us, she parked the ECV and I think was just relieved to relax. The rest of us (except C who was still sleeping) explored a bit (aka bought cookies and soda),

This view would do! Also, you can see some of the snoap here. I have to admit, I actually enjoyed it! I'm a little surprised that Disney can't come up with a more snow-like texture, but watching it, it looked like it was snowing on Main Street and I was one of the gullible tourists eating it up (not literally, that would be gross).
IMG_3377.jpg

Last edited:

krisri18

Making our way into the hub it was very crowded, We shouldn't have been surprised, but I think we got comfortable with the low crowds from the rides. We tried making it through any openings we saw to get closer to the center, but it became clear we just weren't in any state to weave through people. We settled on a spot in front of one of the turrets that hold the projectors, which in all reality wasn't a bad spot. For Happily Ever After we would've missed some of the projections, but for a mainly fireworks show this worked.

As I mentioned C was crashing, so we let her stay in her stroller and gave her her blanket. She really wanted to know when it was going to start, but when I went down to her when they made the announcement, so she shook her head "no" and said she would stay in her stroller. We figured she could still see some of them, but last year she was terrified of the fireworks, so we were a little nervous but we just kept an eye on her.

Pictures really don't do Holiday Wishes justice. I've never seen Hallowishes, but these were great!View attachment 338501
View attachment 338488

I also loved the score for them - when I was a senior in high school, we played a medley of the music from the Polar Express at our winter concert, and musically it was one of my favorite pieces we played. (Yes, I was and still am a band nerd. No shame :bookworm:) I knew they played music from Polar Express in the fireworks, but being there was something different. I actually think the music they played was the same arrangement we did, just with the vocals in.

View attachment 338489

A benefit to our spot was that Tinkerbell flew right over! Enjoy the blurry shot that looks just like a speck... But was really cool in person as this was taken directly overhead.

View attachment 338490

Around this time I looked down at C to see how she was doing and was PASSED OUT. :jawdrop: Not only wasn't she afraid of the fireworks, apparently the loud booms lulled her to sleep! At first we were disappointed she was missing them, but then realized that in the end, it probably didn't matter too much and we would just enjoy then.

I continued to enjoy the snowflake projections.

View attachment 338494

But the most amazing thing by far were the perimeter fireworks. I wish I had gotten a better picture, because those were something else.

View attachment 338495

When driving up to MK this day, there was a sign saying the road would be closed for fireworks that night. I had a feeling this was it, but never did I expect to enjoy them so much!

Eventually the castle returned to her gloryView attachment 338496

With C asleep, we figured to head to the front of the park for the parade. We could have had time for a couple rides possibly, but 1) C would skip, 2) We were all tired, and 3) There was no way we were going to cut through this crowd. We were stuck going with the masses.
View attachment 338497

It was honestly nerve-wracking getting out of there. This time G stayed with me while I pushed the stroller, and P stayed with K while she tried to maneuver the crowds. For the most part here, people were polite. Yes we got separated, but for the most part this was just because of the flow of people. We had to have gaps between the stroller and ECV, and people flowed into them. There were some people fighting there way through to make it ahead of everyone else, but for the most part I think everyone had the same idea to just keep swimming....

Once we made it to the area around the plaza, crowds slimmed a bit and we were able to be together again and come up with a plan. We were considering watching the parade from the handicap spot outside the firehouse so that we would be closer to the entrance, but we really wanted to still see the castle from our spot. As we walked we found an open spot in front of the Confectionary, so I jumped the curb with G and the stroller and claimed it, while K went hunting for a ramp to get on the curb. And once she did, she had to go against the crowds heading out of the park. Once she got to us, she parked the ECV and I think was just relieved to relax. The rest of us (except C who was still sleeping) explored a bit (aka bought cookies and soda),

This view would do! Also, you can see some of the snoap here. I have to admit, I actually enjoyed it! I'm a little surprised that Disney can't come up with a more snow-like texture, but watching it, it looked like it was snowing on Main Street and I was one of the gullible tourists eating it up (not literally, that would be gross).
View attachment 338505
Band nerds unite! Lol

DisSplash

We are growing our very own band nerd! :) He just finished his Freshman year playing percussion with his HS marching band. Neither his father nor I were in band in HS, so we had no idea what it entailed, but we were soooooo impressed with these band kids. Y’all work HARD, and the outcome is so impressive!

The fireworks pictures are great! I love the Polar Express soundtrack - that must have been very moving to hear/see it illuminated with fireworks.

Spash007

Original Poster
We are growing our very own band nerd! :) He just finished his Freshman year playing percussion with his HS marching band. Neither his father nor I were in band in HS, so we had no idea what it entailed, but we were soooooo impressed with these band kids. Y’all work HARD, and the outcome is so impressive!

The fireworks pictures are great! I love the Polar Express soundtrack - that must have been very moving to hear/see it illuminated with fireworks.

Percussionists are the best, but I may be biased from personal experience ;)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Every time someone writes and/or posts pictures of the crowds on Main Street going towards the exit I am always so grateful that when they built Disneyland Paris there is an arcade on both sides of the street which gives more overflow room for leaving. And I always forget that in WDW there aren’t arcades and am momentarily surprised to not be able to use them to avoid the crowd

Spash007

Original Poster
While waiting for the parade to start, and after grabbing some goodies, I amused myself by taking pictures of Main Street in all it's Christmas glory -
IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

A little after 11, all of a sudden Main Street turned into a nightclub, and techno Christmas music started playing. What the? Then these "elves" came running out with these big balls and started dancing.

IMG_3386.jpg

We woke C up as we really weren't sure what was going on, and were sure the parade must be coming soon. At first the music really turned me off (I'm much more of a Frank Sinatra than Justin Bieber fan), but when C was slowly coming out of her coma, and there were other kids playing in the street who were also up way past their bedtimes, I think I understood and gained some respect for these elves.

They then left, and I figured the parade must be right around the corner.

I continued to take pictures of Main Street, because can you really have enough?

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg

I remember thinking the parade didn't come until after 11:30, but going off the time stamps, it was closer to 11:20 apparently. Sure enough we got our first glimpse.

IMG_4722.jpg

I enjoyed that Mickey and Minnie were towards the front, rather than in the back.

IMG_4725.jpg

Here's where part of the title of the report comes from. Anna and Elsa come in their carriage, and C of course is beyond excited and is waving, as are Anna and Elsa.

IMG_4730.jpg

Elsa then waves at C, which I feel like most of the characters were doing a good job of waving to almost every kid (of course at the time it felt special). But then Elsa and C's eyes lock and Elsa looks at C, and says "Oh I like your hair, and your red shirt. Is that my friend Mickey on it? Do you want to build a snowman with me?" She then nudges Anna, points to C, and asks Anna "Do you think she would build a good snowman?" Anna looks over and says, "Oh yes, almost as good as Olaf I'm sure!" They then get back to waving at everyone else. Looking back, I think we didn't have a lot of kids right around us, so maybe that's why Elsa could take some extra time, but it really was something special. C's reaction -

IMG_4731.jpg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The parade started at 11 pm in Frontierland. It takes a good 20 minutes to reach the spot where you were on Main Street. :geek:

Spash007

Original Poster
After C realized that Elsa and Anna left, and she in fact is NOT building a snowman, she starts getting upset. With the tiredness, we were worried we were looking at a full on tantrum setting in. Luckily, Olaf saved the day by appearing and distracting.

IMG_4732.jpg

Who needs to wait in the hour long line, here's the dwarves!

IMG_4742.jpg

We saw one of the royal cleaner uppers fulfilling their duty, as one of the horses did their duty right in front of us... (luckily no picture of that!)

IMG_4744.jpg

And then my favorite -

IMG_4756.jpg

We used to always watch the parade on Christmas morning, and the soldiers always stood out. Finally seeing them in person after 30 years was a moment I was really looking forward too.

IMG_4760.jpg

And then the big man himself.

IMG_4763.jpg

Overall thoughts? It was just as good as I had hoped. The Elsa moment definitely was the highlight, but even without it, this was a great way to start the trip.

IMG_4766.jpg

Once the parade was over we made our way out of the park. We of course felt like cattle again, but once we got through the tunnel under the station we could breath and it was ok. We made our way to the CBR stop, and didn't wait too long. There was one other ECV so we all got loaded (this time on K's first try - again, I was quite impressed). I had fit the stroller on top of the front of the ECV so I stood right next to her, and C fell asleep on top of G.

As we were driving back, I realized why I didn't have that same feeling on the magical express that morning - this year is very different because it is now so much more familiar. And while that's different, in some ways it's even greater. And while in the dark, I started day dreaming of a DVC membership....

Those dreams halted as soon as we got back to CBR around 12:30. We found the elusive ramp from the curb, and got back to our rooms. Luckily our luggage was there, and as C was still sleeping in her stroller, we let her sleep while we quickly unpacked. The next morning we wanted to sleep as long as possible, so we wanted to have everything ready for a full day out of the room. While unpacking, we talked about how K felt using the ECV. Managing the crowds were beyond stressful, she kept turning around to see where we were and that was hurting her back, and with walking in the queues, she was still walking quite a bit and she didn't know if the stress was worth it. We had options since we were supposed to switch ECVs in 3 days anyway, so she was going to sleep on it and take from there. I think sometimes we see people with ECVs, and don't realize just how hard it is.

Around 1:15 or so we moved C to bed (no use waking her up), and we climbed in. I made a mental note to be up before C so that I could put out our elf that happened to stow away for the trip. Looking back, I have no idea why I didn't just do it that night before going to bed...

Spash007

Original Poster
The parade started at 11 pm in Frontierland. It takes a good 20 minutes to reach the spot where you were on Main Street. :geek:

When we were standing there, that was the estimate I told myself. In my memory, I remember thinking that it took a lot more than 20 minutes. But then looking at the pictures, apparently it really wasn't that much longer! I guess it was just a long day :joyfull:

Spash007

Original Poster
Monday, December 10 - Epcot

The day after an early flight and MVMCP would make sense to sleep in right? If only that was the case - the way the schedule worked out, this was our Epcot day and the only way we were going to do Soarin' was to get there bright and early.

A little before 7 I started to wake up with that hangover type feeling that is actually from going to bed way too late, and then I realized it's our first day at Disney! As C still slept, I quietly put out the elf, holding some lights for us to put up in the room. As we got ready, K and I talked about the ECV. She really wanted to see what would happen if she didn't use it, and we figured today was a good day to try. This way I could call Scooterbug that night and either cancel the next reservation, or at least ask to keep the smaller unit we had now. We both couldn't imagine having a bigger model.

Soon enough, C was up and was super excited to see Trixie the elf had come. Last year, the morning with C took FOREVER, but this year she got ready surprisingly quick. We had packed some breakfast for the bus (yogurt, fruit, granola bars) and got outside of our room a couple minutes earlier than planned. We met up with G&P around 8:20 as they had gotten breakfast at OPR, and went over to the bus.

We caught one right after 8:30, and the bus was actually fairly empty. I have always loved Epcot, and while I hope they do update some of the 80s aesthetic, there's nothing like seeing Spaceship Earth and hearing the music for the first time. (Somehow this day I didn't take a picture of Spaceship Earth though when walking into the park.) And then I saw this -

IMG_3392.jpg

It's huge! The go away blue they painted somewhat worked, but very much depended on the sky color and if there were clouds (who would have thought?) I love coasters so I am excited to ride, but am really hoping they somehow make it worthy of being in Epcot, preferably with some sort of tie in with Energy power sources or something.

I was happy to see the garland hanging with the Spaceship Earth like ornament though!

IMG_3394.jpg

The lines to get in were of course bad, but finally we made it to the front. All went well, until C... @Tuvalu here's where I started to think of you. After the issue at MVMCP, we ran into the same thing again. C was not showing up on our reservation. A manager CM had to get called over, and it seemed like her reservation was essentially "blank" and not tied to a magic band. They saw a 5th person who was a child, but it wasn't tied to her MB. After a few minutes it got cleared up and we were on our way.

We were a bit worried about the wait for Soarin after being held up, but we saw on the app it was still 15 minutes. Mindful that K was now walking, we walked quick but not too fast. G and C led the way.

IMG_3396.jpg

If you can't tell, C was in the ultimate 4 year old outfit - a multi-colored skirt with different Disney character's faces, a pink (and shiny) sweatshirt with a big Minnie face and Minnie ears on the hood, and to top it off - Unicorn Minnie ears. Normally she dresses a bit more subdued, but I guess we all have to be unicorns sometimes...

Since this was my first time on Soarin (I know... sacrilege!) I didn't take any pictures. C was a bit nervous because she didn't know what to expect, but said again she'd try it. But when we got in Hanger C, and were the first ones in our row, I thought of these boards and how this is NOT where we want to ride. How badly curved can the Eiffel tower be??

So bad, it actually looked more like a C than the Eiffel tower! :banghead: Other than that (and the other curved landmarks) it was great. The feeling of flying was very weird, and C definitely did not like it. She told us afterwards that she will NOT be going on it again. Of course she followed that up with how much fun it was, and she loved seeing the animals, and the fireworks, and she would.not.stop.talking about it. So who knows!

We had FP for the land in about 30 minutes, but since the wait was only 5 minutes, we figured we would go on it now. I have always and will always enjoy this ride. C needed some convincing (read: a lot) to get on after Soarin, and I was afraid that we ruined her fear-free riding. Eventually she agreed to get on, and we all enjoyed it. The holiday overlay just made it better!

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

When on rides like this, or the Safaris, C likes to take pictures. I handed over my phone so she could take some, and while she's no @fractal, I think she did pretty well for a 4 year old!

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

After we got off, the plan was to head to Sunshine Seasons for breakfast. G&P had already eaten at CBR and weren't hungry. Meanwhile C had eaten was meant to be a whole days worth of snacks and breakfast in the last few hours (she was "so hungry" :rolleyes:) so she didn't have an appetite anymore, and K wasn't sure if she was in the mood for anything. Normally I would have backed down if it wasn't for 1) resting a bit, 2) coffee and 3) the specialty cupcakes I read about the week before.

Yes I had a cupcake for breakfast, no I'm not ashamed. I believe it was a red velvet, with the presents on top being shortbread and caramel.

IMG_3412.jpg

It was delicious. But also put me in a sugar overload for the rest of the day. I have a great sweet tooth, but after I had half of this I just couldn't eat anymore. C wanted to try it, and she couldn't get in more than a few bites. I tried to save it, but except for the presents on top, the rest didn't make it (RIP)

Spash007

Original Poster
When we made it out of the Land, we made our way over to World Showcase. It was just before 11, and the line for Anna and Elsa wasn't bad yet. We took some sights in along the way -

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

IMG_3416.jpg

Made some new friends.. (these birds were everywhere this trip! I don't remember them so much from the past, but that could just be me)

IMG_3418.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

I tried to get artistic (if you look carefully, Spaceship Earth is in the background. If it wasn't so cloudy it would be clearer)

IMG_3420.jpg

And made our way towards Mexico, where I continued to enjoy the Christmas decorations

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

At this point it was about 10:50, and it was very odd to see people lined up in front of the pavilion. From what we could tell they were "rope dropping" Mexico? I know some people like to start at the beginning, so I'm guessing that's what they were all doing. But it sure was odd to see!

IMG_3425.jpg

Spash007

Original Poster
I had taken this picture because I was really enjoying the fact that they even put Christmas decorations on the wall by strollers.

IMG_3428.jpg

But, it reminds me that it seemed like everyone had the same stroller - the blue city mini (which is of course what we had :banghead:). There were more than a few times we couldn't find ours, and I really wish that we had gotten something to customize it to make it easier to find.

We made our way to Norway, and jumped in line to see Elsa and & Anna. P decided to sit this one out, and instead watch the holiday storyteller. I had seen this one on Tim Tracker's video, and really wanted to see the crazy barn Santa. We caught a glimpse from the line, but P said he was really funny (in a stupid sort of way).

The line for Anna & Elsa wasn't bad, about 15 mins IIRC, and C found ways to amuse herself (like counting the stones outside).

IMG_3429.jpg

While I'm very much on the fence about the appropriateness of Frozen in Norway, I do enjoy the details. (Am I the only one though that questions that when you're walking through, what would be the front door opens into the dining room? Couldn't the royal family get a better layout? I know, I am probably the only to think of that, dangit HGTV)

IMG_3430.jpg

I especially enjoy the tribute to Maelstrom.

IMG_3431.jpg

I always thought that you see Anna first, but this time Elsa was up first. It actually seemed like we may have come through a different door, so I don't know if they can alternate.

C was enamored, but wouldn't tell us what they talked about. She actually did talk to her though rather than just staring in awe like last year. It looks like she said something quite interesting though based on Elsa's expression :oops:
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_414883256644.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_414883257201.JPG

But then she met Anna. Anna does not stop talking.You can see C is playing with her unicorn horn - I think because she was a amazed, yet confused about what to say. Anna was talking so fast she couldn't really think of a response in time.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_414883083269.JPG

But at least she stopped talking enough to pose for a picture.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_414883083279.JPG

Rant time: When we first walked in and C was first allowed to go to Elsa, she had the greatest reaction. Running up to her and giving the biggest hug. Did the PP get it? Nope! He wasn't busy, he was watching them, but he just stood there. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what they do. However, the benefit to having a person taking pictures, rather than that rumored box Disney wants to install, is to get images like that. Last year the PP here was great - C was shy and not looking straight ahead, and the PP went behind and around to get the right shot. The pictures from here very well could have been from a box. End Rant.

Once we finished up, we met back up with P, and decided to head over to the Cantina De San Angel for lunch. On the way, the performers for Mexico's holiday tradition were on their way out.

IMG_3433.jpg

Some reason these were the ones we saw all the time. I think we saw their performance about 3-4 times this day . They were very good though.

IMG_3434.jpg

I believe around now was also when G bought C a light up wand with a snowflake on the top, that was in the store you can see behind the performers. In Mexico. A snowflake? :bored:

Spash007

Original Poster
I realized rather than going right to the Cantina, we headed into the Mexico pavilion.

We made our way over to the Gran Fiesta Tour first. It was about a 5 minute wait.

While not exciting, it's always a fun time.

We then explored inside a little. I always love the stores and carts in here, as it seems to be one of the places that actually has unique merchandise. I also really like the atmosphere. It's amazing what they can pull off with it all being indoors. One day I will eat in here, but I always hold back since the reviews can be mediocre.

I especially enjoy the crystal store, but sadly the glass blower wasn't working when we were there. There were some really gorgeous Christmas ornaments though, and I looked at the prices thinking they'd easily be $100+, and was pleasantly shocked they were only $25-$35. We were worried about carrying it around later, and were on the fence about bringing it on the plane with us, but figured we could come back. (Spoiler: We didn't come back, partially because we were worried about it on the plane, but also because of time. I have some regrets, but oh well).

The blue lights really added an extra touch to the atmosphere.

After this we made our way to the Cantina, and on the way, C was already saying how tired she was and she just wanted to nap. Normally we would have just let her sleep while we ate, but she didn't have the best breakfast and we wanted her to eat, and there was no room for a stroller here anyway. She NEVER says this though, so we made her a deal that as long as she eats some, she can sit on my lap, and as soon as me and her are done, I'll take her in the stroller to walk around.

Normally K & I just use snack credits during the festivals, so we would not have gone here if it wasn't for G&P's strong recommendation. I'm really glad we listened because it was delicious!

The service could have been better, as it took K forever to get our food. Not sure what took so long, as it seemed like everyone else was getting their's faster. Oh well. The outdoor seating, and the views especially were very nice. The weather this day though was odd - some times it would be warm, and then 10 minutes later it would be downright cold. I'm stubborn and didn't want to wear a coat, but I had to keep getting C's sweatshirt for her to wear after thinking it was too hot to wear it.

I need to get better with the food pictures, but I got the Chicken tacos, K got the nachos, and I believe C went with the mac n cheese. She actually loves tacos, but if you ask her, she says she doesn't (hence why tonight we're doing tacos, and she is saying she won't eat them. :rolleyes: But I know she will.) When eating too I started regretting not getting a margarita or beer since they were included. But I made the decision that at this point, I would start getting unique drinks I wouldn't normally get elsewhere. At first it just felt odd counting K couldn't drink, and being with my in laws, but it's my vacation too! And after reading other trip reports on here that make the beer choice elook so enticing (cough @wdisney9000 and @lostpro9het cough), I was looking forward to it.

C finished pretty quickly, and I housed the rest of my tacos (which wasn't hard because they were delicious - did I say that already?), and I took her to go for a walk about in the stroller. I could seriously wander the World Showcase all day, so I really didn't mind. And it gave K and her parents some nice time to chill and talk.

First we walked through Norway, before heading back towards Mexico (and back and forth a bit to get her to fall asleep).

I thought these were cute, and was wondering if they were "Norwegian" in some way, maybe the evergreen, or the wood design. And then when we were walking out of the park, I noticed they were also in FW. When we were in Mexico I was wondering if the Holiday decorations were a little generic, but was hoping they were culturally appropriate. After seeing these in FW, I'm thinking they're maybe a mix of both (but probably more generic).

After making a loop between Mexico and Norway for a few times, and C was still awake, I went over to take the path to the Odyssey which was very quiet. And I was able to enjoy some different views, and see the monorail go by!

Mind you, this path was freezing. We were told that while Florida is still warmer than up north, when it gets cold, there is a similar sensation to Lake-effect snow, in that all the bodies of water make it feel a lot colder. When on this path surrounded by water, I could believe it!

Last edited:

Spash007

Original Poster
Around this time K called saying they were done, and wondering where I was. We met back up by Mexico, and of course C wasn't asleep even after she was saying how tired she was. We had some time before our FEA fast pass, and we really wanted her to sleep, so we started making our way around World Showcase. The plan was to make it to France/Morocco and catch the boat back towards the front.

G was on the hunt for some cookies, and I was looking for some beer options. My original plan was to "bouche around the world" as I saw there were at least 4 different bouche de noel's for the Festival of the Holidays. We have a tradition where K makes a different bouche each Christmas, so I was really excited to try out some different ones. But after that present cupcake, I was still in a sugar coma, and couldn't even comprehend eating any cake. We were going to come back a different night, so I figured I'd get my bouche on then. For now, I turned my focus to beer.

The Sweets booth before Canada had some cookies that we got to share, and I was considering the Vanilla Eggnog Porter as it sounded really interesting, but I figured I'd hold out.

Nobody was out in Canada.

IMG_3455.jpg

I think the UK has become one of my places in Disney. Done up for the Holidays made it even more special.

IMG_3456.jpg

IMG_3457.jpg

This was one of the pavilions we actually stopped to explore. K and I said if we were to live anywhere in Florida, it would be on this street above the shops.

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

I was a little disappointed in the stores here though - as even the toy store had NO toys! There were some unique items, but nothing too exciting.

IMG_3461.jpg

We also considered getting in line for Mary Poppins, but the line was huge, so we ventured on to France.

IMG_3462.jpg

I thought these decorations of the peppermint on the poles were interesting. Do they do things like this in France?

IMG_3464.jpg

We didn't go into the stores this time, but stayed along the lagoon. I always loved this view, and still do. When there were no clouds, the GotG monstrosity building did actually blend in. But when there were any clouds, it stuck out like this -

IMG_3467.jpg

It makes the tree look small! Not cool. Not to mention it just takes your eyes away from Spaceship Earth.

Spash007

Original Poster
At this point we were thinking of going to the boat, but K said she was feeling fine. Actually better than the day before when she had the ECV - the walking seemed to be helping! Maybe it wasn't the wisest, choice, but we decided to keep walking around the WS.

We were a little low on time, so we figured we wouldn't stop much and just walk. First by Morocco.

IMG_3468.jpg

I wish we would've gone in here, because I just love how this is set up. And again the merchandise is an attraction in itself for me.

We came to Japan next, and I tried to get a peek at the restaurant construction (just dirt at the time).

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

Here we went in to go pick out a pearl for a good friend of ours who's birthday was coming up. I'm not sure if any of you have seen the Newsies musical, but there's a line where one of the characters tries to say oyster, but no one can understand his New York accent. So he says, "You know, with a pearl inside." But he says pearl, as "pourell" and oyster as "oeyshter" (trying to sound it out is not really working). When we went inside, C just keeps quoting the musical, and needless to say we're cracking up and are getting quite a few stares.

We also inside ran into some of the most obnoxious people. First, a group of teenagers who are taking up the whole counter trying to decide if they want to do it or not. Then a young boy who keeps going in front of the people choosing their pearls. His father was next to him the whole time, and never stopped him. He never even got a pearl, just crowded those people choosing their own. :rolleyes: I guess is was nice to see how excited this kid was getting, but I like my personal space.

C ended up choosing a very good one, and we made our way out.

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

In this one, you can't see GoTG as much.

At this point though, it was getting close to our FEA time (we had about 30 mins left if I remember), so we started speedwalking and my pictures started becoming less.

I looked in America for some good beer, but nothing sounded good. Can we talk about the fact that L'Chaim had Brooklyn Brewery. Seriously? That's the best you can do? :banghead:

In Italy, P wanted to look for a certain beer that they have in the actual country for Christmas, but couldn't find it. I wasn't wowed either, so I went ahead to Germany to find something intriguing. The Bavarian kitchen was a madhouse, so I was ready to give up.

To be honest, I was actually getting a bit frustrated. I was not a fan of speedwalking through the countries, I was getting tired, I didn't get the bouche I was looking forward to and I was disappointed in the drink choices. It just felt like a waste of time right now, and that we were just walking. Then though I saw the Prost booth had no line, and it was all beer! Yes!

I chose the Winter Weizen from 3 Daughters Brewing, and it hit the spot. Refreshing and quite smooth, but also light. With the edge taken off, I waited for everyone else to catch up, and took a few more photos.

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

At this point we had less than 10 minutes left in our FP window, so we quickly walked over to Norway. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of China, but I think we were stressing a bit then that we would miss our window. I know they let you in a bit late, but there's just something about feeling like you have to make it on time.

Last edited:

fractal

Around this time K called saying they were done, and wondering where I was. We met back up by Mexico, and of course C wasn't asleep even after she was saying how tired she was. We had some time before our FEA fast pass, and we really wanted her to sleep, so we started making our way around World Showcase. The plan was to make it to France/Morocco and catch the boat back towards the front.

G was on the hunt for some cookies, and I was looking for some beer options. My original plan was to "bouche around the world" as I saw there were at least 4 different bouche de noel's for the Festival of the Holidays. We have a tradition where K makes a different bouche each Christmas, so I was really excited to try out some different ones. But after that present cupcake, I was still in a sugar coma, and couldn't even comprehend eating any cake. We were going to come back a different night, so I figured I'd get my bouche on then. For now, I turned my focus to beer.

The Sweets booth before Canada had some cookies that we got to share, and I was considering the Vanilla Eggnog Porter as it sounded really interesting, but I figured I'd hold out.

Nobody was out in Canada.

View attachment 341173

I think the UK has become one of my places in Disney. Done up for the Holidays made it even more special.

View attachment 341174

View attachment 341175

This was one of the pavilions we actually stopped to explore. K and I said if we were to live anywhere in Florida, it would be on this street above the shops.

View attachment 341176

View attachment 341177

I was a little disappointed in the stores here though - as even the toy store had NO toys! There were some unique items, but nothing too exciting.

View attachment 341178

We also considered getting in line for Mary Poppins, but the line was huge, so we ventured on to France.

View attachment 341179

I thought these decorations of the peppermint on the poles were interesting. Do they do things like this in France?

View attachment 341180

We didn't go into the stores this time, but stayed along the lagoon. I always loved this view, and still do. When there were no clouds, the GotG monstrosity building did actually blend in. But when there were any clouds, it stuck out like this -

View attachment 341181

It makes the tree look small! Not cool. Not to mention it just takes your eyes away from Spaceship Earth.

That thing is big!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom