Pre-Trip Birthday, spring break, R.I.P. IllumiNations

So this happened today.

4495A47F-DE9B-49A3-9061-F0EDCD6D594C.jpeg

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

More details including the who, when, and where to follow soon!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Here’s the details! (part 1)

Who? Me and L
D2683379-E297-46EA-8714-7694D612633A.jpeg

When? March 17-21

Where? ALL-Star Music
90783F1D-37FA-4A91-8057-6BA23AE36DA2.jpeg

Movies and Little Mermaid (AoA) were full, can’t stand the new rooms at Pop, and didn’t want to stay at Sports again. ALL-Star Music it is! Preferred rooms were full, so we went with a standard. L and I don’t mind having to walk a little bit further to the bus stop, plus it’s a tad bit cheaper.

I know the layout and everything will be the same as Movies and Sports, but I’m excited to stay somewhere different. The theming looks pretty cool. M is a little jealous because she’s always wanted to stay at Music. :hilarious: (she’s a pianist and a college music professor)

I will have “swept” the ALL-Stars and will be one step closer to staying at all of the resorts! Also can’t wait to get a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough! :hungry: Music used to be the only place on the property that you could get it, but DFB (absolutely love) posted on insta today that it’s now being offered at Movies and Sports too.

Well, that’s all for now. Yours truly has to be in a deer stand at 5:30am and needs to get some sleep! Only 2 days left before the season ends.

Up next: Why? and the rough plan

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Happy New Year! I hope that 2019 is a good one for everybody!

The details (part 2)

Why?

I’ve been planning this trip ever since we came back last May. For awhile I was toying around with the idea of becoming an AP holder, with the plans for this trip and going in May, and possibly other future trips. Well, crap hit the fan and we won’t be going in May, so I decided to pass on the AP for the time being. Anyways, back to this trip.

The main reason for this trip is to see IllumiNations one last time. :cry: For those of you who know me, you know that IllumiNations always has been, and always will be, my favorite firework show on the property. I knew the end was near, but was still crushed and extremely p’d off when the official announcement was made. Once I found out that we for sure weren’t going to be able to go in May, I knew I had to make this trip happen no matter what. Originally, I was gonna solo this one, but I convinced L to go with me. M won’t be going because her spring break at the college that she teaches at is a week or 2 before mine.

I’m not gonna lie, at first, I wasn’t real keen on the idea of going for spring break. I’ve never been during spring break before, but L said that it wasn’t bad when she went last year. We’ll be there on my Birthday (sort of), so this will double as a Birthday trip too. Also, F&G will be going on!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I’m eagerly waiting for the outdoor kitchen menus to be released.

The plan (rough version)

Friday March 15th

I plan to head home after my final class, but unless I have any tests, someone might play hooky and come home a day early.

Saturday March 16th - Travel day/Captain’s BDay

Get up early and head for the Sunshine state. Will stay off property that night.

Sunday March 17th - Arrival/Check-in/EPCOT
EPCOT hours: 9am-9pm

Get up, head to Music, check-in, be at EPCOT before rope drop.

Monday March 18th - AK
AK hours: 9am-8pm (8am-9am EMH)

Tuesday March 19th - EPCOT
EPCOT hours: 9am-9pm (9pm-11pm EMH)

Wednesday March 20th - MK
MK hours: 9am-10pm (10pm-12am EMH)

Thursday March 21st - Check-out/Departure day

Don’t want to discuss this day already, but unless we go there after AK Monday night, we’ll probably stop at DS otw out.

If you haven’t noticed, no DHS this trip as well. Yes, TSL is open and I can’t wait to ride SDD, and LMRA will be open too, but since this is a short trip, we’d rather have 2 days at EPCOT so we can see IllumiNations twice and have more time to enjoy F&G. With that being said, it’s gonna be hard, and feel weird, to have only 1 day at MK, but I think we can make it work.

As of now we don’t have any ADRs. Looking at either Rose and Crown or Chef de France for one of our days at EPCOT, and LTT, Plaza, or BoG for MK. We really want to try Rose and Crown, so that might be our EPCOT winner. Then again, it’s been a while since we’ve eaten at Chef de France. Have never eaten at LTT, Plaza, or BoG.

Well, that’s all for now. FP day is in 2 weeks!

becca_

Maybe I will catch ya there!! Don’t think our park days line up but who knows! Last year this week wasn’t busy until friday/saturday so fingers crossed!!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Maybe I will catch ya there!! Don’t think our park days line up but who knows! Last year this week wasn’t busy until friday/saturday so fingers crossed!!
Yeah I'm hoping the crowds won't be super bad since everyone has spring break at different times. Not trying to sound like a creep, but if we do end up at the same park on the same day, let me know! Would totally be down to meet up. Also planning to spend some time at DS, so we might run into each other there too.

Spash007

You're not alone in your thoughts for Illuminations. When I just saw it for the last time, I was very into it and also upset, and then I looked around was surrounded by people who felt the same way. One lady next to me was cueing the music and the nations to light up, and the people on the other side just moved to Florida (retired to Florida to be close to Disney) and come at least once a week to watch it. I think the walk out of Epcot that night may have been worse than when the tragical express came to pick us up, knowing that even though I can come back, I won't see it again. :cry:

becca_

Yeah I'm hoping the crowds won't be super bad since everyone has spring break at different times. Not trying to sound like a creep, but if we do end up at the same park on the same day, let me know! Would totally be down to meet up. Also planning to spend some time at DS, so we might run into each other there too.
I will definitely let you know when I have a more solid plan of what we're doing :hilarious:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Not trip related, but I went to see Mary Poppins Returns yesterday.
C406BBDB-F4EF-47F4-9F20-6834BC68C5EA.jpeg

It was absolutely fantastic! So much nostalgia from the original. Both Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda were great. Now I might have a lot of haters after I say this, but I think Emily Blunt did a much better job than Julie Andrews did playing Mary Poppins as the way P.L. Travers portrayed her in the books.

It was so cool to see them bring back the old 2D hand drawn animations. I also liked the credits at the beginning with the painting in the background, you know, how old Disney movies open. One of the many reasons the film is so enjoyable is definitely the music. I can’t stress enough how good it is!

Also, Rob Marshall did a great job directing! That’s now 3 Disney films for him (POTC: On Stranger Tides, Into the Woods, Mary Poppins Returns) with #4 otw. (Little Mermaid) But the icing on the cake has to be D.ick Van D.yke’s cameo.

It’s been a very very very long time since I’ve enjoyed a movie from the studios as much as I enjoyed this one. It left me with a feeling that I haven’t felt in quite some time. We need more live action movies like this from the studios, not remakes of every animated classic, unless if it’s a completely different story, like Christopher Robin.

Overall, greatest movie in a long time from the studios. I highly recommend that you all go see it!

Last edited:

DisSplash

I saw that Clemson game with my brother - with 2 amazingly talented freshman stars, Clemson may very well have a winning streak ahead of them.

I fully support your efforts to dine at Rose and Crown. We are out on the patio as the sun was setting and absolutely LOVED it! The scotch eggs were so delicious!:hungry:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I saw that Clemson game with my brother - with 2 amazingly talented freshman stars, Clemson may very well have a winning streak ahead of them.

I fully support your efforts to dine at Rose and Crown. We are out on the patio as the sun was setting and absolutely LOVED it! The scotch eggs were so delicious!:hungry:
It was such a dominating performance!

It looks like Rose and Crown is gonna get the nod.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Snagged an ADR for Rose and Crown at 1:20 on Tuesday 19th. Was wanting to go to Chef de France, but L was really pushing for R&C. Excited to give it a try! Already know what I’m going to get.

Also, I’ve recently discovered Redbubble and it might become an addiction. :hilarious:
AF3305F5-4D48-4318-B869-7239F1C56958.jpeg
E98285C4-6C7C-473D-ACBD-74D00F02C1B5.jpeg
679CB2ED-CC88-4375-B8CD-DE59F757793A.jpeg

There’s over 2,000 stickers with logos and images of the parks, attractions, resorts, and restaurants/food. And the prices are cheap! I highly recommend that you check them out.

krisri18

Snagged an ADR for Rose and Crown at 1:20 on Tuesday 19th. Was wanting to go to Chef de France, but L was really pushing for R&C. Excited to give it a try! Already know what I’m going to get.

Also, I’ve recently discovered Redbubble and it might become an addiction. :hilarious:
View attachment 340891View attachment 340892View attachment 340893

There’s over 2,000 stickers with logos and images of the parks, attractions, resorts, and restaurants/food. And the prices are cheap! I highly recommend that you check them out.
We get a lot of our shirts from Redbubble!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
A little late, but FP day was Wednesday. Everything was smooth sailing for the most part, except FoP. (more on that later) Here's the tentative FP line-up.

Sunday March 17th: EPCOT

Soarin' 10:00am-11:00am
LwtL 11:20am-12:20pm
SE 12:25pm-1:25pm

Monday March 18th: AK

KS 9:15am-10:15am
NRJ 10:20am-11:20am (L only, subject to change)
Everest 11:45am-12:45pm
FoP 5:45pm-6:45pm (Me, subject to change)

Tuesday March 19th: EPCOT

TT 10:15am-11:15am
LwtL 11:15am-12:15pm
SE 12:15pm-1:15pm

Wednesday March 20th: MK

Peter Pan 10:05am-11:05am (subject to change)
Splash 11:05am-12:05pm
7DMT 12:35pm-1:35pm

So here's what happened with FoP. So I get up Wednesday morning and log in right at 7am thinking that we'll definitely be able to get a FP for FoP. Well, I was an idiot for thinking that because they were already gone at 7:02am!! :mad::mad::mad: 2 freaking minutes!! :mad::mad: Needless to say I was extremely P'd off.

I ended up grabbing a FP for NRJ instead with the intentions of canceling it for FoP if one comes available. I was repeatedly checking to see if there was anything available but wasn't having any luck. At the time I was searching as a party of 2, so I decided to try as a party of 1 and see if anything would come up. The first few attempts were unsuccessful, but then on the next try, 1 came available and I quickly snagged it and got rid of my NRJ FP. I tried to add L to it, but it was just 1 FP available. So as of now, L is stuck with the NRJ FP and I have the FoP FP. The downside to the FoP FP is that it's for 5:45. I'd hate to have to wait that late to use my 3rd FP, which would prevent me from booking additional FPs. Unless an earlier time comes available, which I highly doubt, L and I will just rope drop FoP and I will cancel my FP. Then that leaves the NRJ FP. I think L might be leaning towards cancelling it. I could add myself back to it if I cancel FoP.

Anyways, there's the latest, and hopefully the last, installment of FP drama. :hilarious:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
This is subject to change, but I grabbed an ADR for lunch at Homecomin’ on Thursday the 21st. (departure day) After reading about how good it is thanks to numerous TRs, I’ve decided to give it a try. I might be a little tough to please though. My grandma (M’s mom) is the definition of southern cooking. The menu does sound really good.

That’s all for now. MagicBands ship in less than a week! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom