Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

jt04

True that pic isn't based on any real information just was proposing a logical location for a 4th garage. As that space wouldn't be logical for retail expansion.

Would be awesome to see a reincarnation of the Hyperian Warf idea but in the locationof the west side parking lot instead of the old pleasdure island which is now the landing.

This location could be used for some actual entertainment destinations as they have shopping and dining pretty well covered.

Just picturing another GotG sized gravity building behind cirque. I am sure a PI redo will never happen. But there are other possibilities.

A hotel also starts making sense if the Springs keeps growing.

mm121

Just picturing another GotG sized gravity building behind cirque. I am sure a PI redo will never happen. But there are other possibilities.

A hotel also starts making sense if the Springs keeps growing.

A hotel coulda been kinda cool in the town center section

But I'm not sure it's necessary with Saratoga right across the lake and a few others with boat access. Probably not the best to add one due to operational/ security concerns.

And no I don't necessarily envision a direct revamp of PI since Disney is all about the high end money grab these days.

While It would be great to see some kind of theater other than cirque I don't necessarily see that happening either sincethe primary Broadway theatre in downtown Orlando has Disney's name on it.

jt04

A hotel coulda been kinda cool in the town center section

But I'm not sure it's necessary with Saratoga right across the lake and a few others with boat access. Probably not the best to add one due to operational/ security concerns.

And no I don't necessarily envision a direct revamp of PI since Disney is all about the high end money grab these days.

While It would be great to see some kind of theater other than cirque I don't necessarily see that happening either sincethe primary Broadway theatre in downtown Orlando has Disney's name on it.

I was thinking retail, dining and entertainment venue somewhat like Fremont Street but smaller and Disneyfied of course.

boufa

Any word on when those pictures were taken? I am certainly no expert and could be very wrong, but the Christmas tree walk was in the Lemon surface lot when I was there a few weeks ago, and there is no sign of it in the photos. That would put these photos mid-October at latest. The Lemon Surface Lot has the green lifts stored in it in the first picture.

Not that its a big deal, just curious.

peter11435

Any word on when those pictures were taken? I am certainly no expert and could be very wrong, but the Christmas tree walk was in the Lemon surface lot when I was there a few weeks ago, and there is no sign of it in the photos. That would put these photos mid-October at latest. The Lemon Surface Lot has the green lifts stored in it in the first picture.

Not that its a big deal, just curious.
The tree trail is not in the surface lot. The tree trail is in the old marketplace bus loop which is not pictured.

mm121

Thanks these clarify the entry exit pattern ftom this new garage.

Looks like they really arent expecting much traffic from the east to park in this garage with just a single left turn lane at the one eastern stoplight

Plus theyve added more of a median clarifying the bus lanes at the western more stoplight where the primary right turn entrance appears to be.

If yiur driving from the west it will be important to not miss the ramp on the right to get into the orange garage as there are no longer any left turn lanes to get into the lime garage from either entrance stoplight

You can also no longer access the speedway station from the east.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Thanks these clarify the entry exit pattern ftom this new garage.

Looks like they really arent expecting much traffic from the east to park in this garage with just a single left turn lane at the one eastern stoplight

Plus theyve added more of a median clarifying the bus lanes at the western more stoplight where the primary right turn entrance appears to be.

If yiur driving from the west it will be important to not miss the ramp on the right to get into the orange garage as there are no longer any left turn lanes to get into the lime garage from either entrance stoplight

You can also no longer access the speedway station from the east.

You can just make a U-Turn to get into the Lime Garage. I think there's even a sign saying to do it.

Disone

Currently yes, but I’m not convinced that will remain a possibility once the lemon garage is operational.
They really should have had this their garage open for the holiday season. They needed to do whatever they should have done to make that happen. Tonight at 7 p.m. parking at Disney Springs was difficult. Basically the remaining lot that was open was the team Disney locked. And they were parking you way down that lot. It was going to be quite a hike just to get to the elevated pathway.

Normally when they say the garages are full I don't really believe them but in this case there was a very long lines of cars moving at a snail's pace just trying to get into both garages. In fact a check of Google Maps showed that the orange garage was backing up onto Interstate 4.

This week, or at least tonight, they really needed that third garage operational.

20181227_190306.jpg
Screenshot_2018-12-27-19-15-34-1.png

jt04

They really should have had this their garage open for the holiday season. They needed to do whatever they should have done to make that happen. Tonight at 7 p.m. parking at Disney Springs was difficult. Basically the remaining lot that was open was the team Disney locked. And they were parking you way down that lot. It was going to be quite a hike just to get to the elevated pathway.

Normally when they say the garages are full I don't really believe them but in this case there was a very long lines of cars moving at a snail's pace just trying to get into both garages. In fact a check of Google Maps showed that the orange garage was backing up onto Interstate 4.

This week, or at least tonight, they really needed that third garage operational.

View attachment 336440View attachment 336442

Remember when some were claiming removing PI was a mistake for the ages and DS was destined to fail?

I still think they could enlarge the Springs by at least 50% and grow revenues twice that. Might need a 4th garage though.

Disone

Remember when some were claiming removing PI was a mistake for the ages and DS was destined to fail?

I still think they could enlarge the Springs by at least 50% and grow revenues twice that. Might need a 4th garage though.
Stop reminding me!!! *I* was one of them. lol. They lied when they closed PI saying "we have exciting plans but cannot tell you yet" and I was like lairs! You have no plans so at least postpone the closure until you can tell us. But nothing. And then..... I hated Hyperion Ward. Snooze fest. Springs was better..... Omg.... Not one but two garages???? I started to warm up but even then did not realize how much better it was going to be. Boathouse opened and for the first time you could catch the vibe of Disney Springs. Fast forward to today and yeah..... Its a hit.

Disone

The orange garage has backed up all the way on to Interstate 4. Also note the red all around the roadways around line garage as cars continue to try to get into a garage that is genuinely full.
Screenshot_2018-12-29-19-22-35.png
Screenshot_2018-12-29-19-22-54.png

disney4life2008

Stop reminding me!!! *I* was one of them. lol. They lied when they closed PI saying "we have exciting plans but cannot tell you yet" and I was like lairs! You have no plans so at least postpone the closure until you can tell us. But nothing. And then..... I hated Hyperion Ward. Snooze fest. Springs was better..... Omg.... Not one but two garages???? I started to warm up but even then did not realize how much better it was going to be. Boathouse opened and for the first time you could catch the vibe of Disney Springs. Fast forward to today and yeah..... Its a hit.

That's a stretch. Go to Millenia and it's the same story. Disney Springs is a mess!

disney4life2008

Really.... What does traffic at Millenia is have to do with traffic at springs vs traffic at the old DTD. And PI vs Springs today. Come on man......

The argument was Disney Springs is a hit. The same amount of traffic is at millenia. So you can't call Disney Springs a hit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom