Looking for WDW & Universal Pics

Alv82

Original Poster
Hi!

Like a lot of people, I’m a Disney World (and also Universal Orlando) enthusiast.

I’m trying to create initially a Spanish ebook about Disney World and another ebook about Universal Orlando. And later I will also like to start a Spanish blog too.

For all these projects I will need actual high quality pictures and would like to know if is there anybody willing to sell me a package with material that I specify below.

I want high quality pics of all the WDW parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom): every attraction, restaurants, pictures from around, each area, castle, main entrance… etc. Also pics from the water parks, other resorts, Disney Spring, Hotels, Monorail, Ships, transport, parties (Halloween, Christmas, food events…) everything related with Disney World and the same stuff with all the Universal Orlando parks, hotels, areas… if possible.

In the future, if my project works I will also need updated pics maybe every year if possible.

If interested please send me a private msg and specify if you are willing to sell me a package of these pictures for a fix price. And also in the future, if we get into a deal, I will also like to know if you could be able to provide me updated pics of all the stuff maybe once per year. If you agree I would like to sign a contract that you allow me to use this pictures as I want (in my blogs, in my posts and in my ebooks, books or future guides, etc). I will include (if you want) your name and any details that you want as a reference for everyone to know that you did these pictures.

Please feel free to ask me any doubts. Thank you.

thomas998

Hi!

Like a lot of people, I’m a Disney World (and also Universal Orlando) enthusiast.

I’m trying to create initially a Spanish ebook about Disney World and another ebook about Universal Orlando. And later I will also like to start a Spanish blog too.

For all these projects I will need actual high quality pictures and would like to know if is there anybody willing to sell me a package with material that I specify below.

I want high quality pics of all the WDW parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom): every attraction, restaurants, pictures from around, each area, castle, main entrance… etc. Also pics from the water parks, other resorts, Disney Spring, Hotels, Monorail, Ships, transport, parties (Halloween, Christmas, food events…) everything related with Disney World and the same stuff with all the Universal Orlando parks, hotels, areas… if possible.

In the future, if my project works I will also need updated pics maybe every year if possible.

If interested please send me a private msg and specify if you are willing to sell me a package of these pictures for a fix price. And also in the future, if we get into a deal, I will also like to know if you could be able to provide me updated pics of all the stuff maybe once per year. If you agree I would like to sign a contract that you allow me to use this pictures as I want (in my blogs, in my posts and in my ebooks, books or future guides, etc). I will include (if you want) your name and any details that you want as a reference for everyone to know that you did these pictures.

Please feel free to ask me any doubts. Thank you.
Given what you are looking for I suggest your best option is going to be finding a photographer and hiring them to take these photos for you instead of trying to find one that already has the photos you are looking for. To begin with most photographers are not going to have a photo of every attraction, every restaurant, each area.... In general people on this site likely ignore some part of the parks because we just don't find them interesting. What you've asked for is going to require someone to go and take those photos of places and areas they would normally just ignore.

If you are going to try and do an all encompassing book you might be better off looking for specific photos/areas based on where you are in your book and accepting that if you want these without having to send someone to get them that it will likely require you to use photos from more than one photographer. You might find someone that simply loves shooting the castle and has some great photos of it in various angles, lighting etc... but the same quality of shots of say Frontier land might best be captured from another photographer.

Good luck on what you are going for, but if you don't find one photographer that has all you want you might consider using more than one.

KeithVH

Whoa. My first thought is that is a LOT of shots (couple thousand, maybe more?). And they all have to be "high quality" (how do you define that?). Considering the scope, and for giggles say we're starting from scratch, that would be many, many days of shooting. Finding a pro to do that might be tough. I would also want to clarify that most real photography professionals don't sell their work, they allocate "rights", and in many cases these are limited (by time, publication, type, etc), to use select exposures for express purposes. Rates, back in the day, would be based on the usage (venue, type, # of replications and so on). I honestly have no idea nowadays what going rates are for ebooks but you may have to consider how many shots you really need. You should take Thomas'suggestions above to heart when trying to work though this.

And yes, you'll find some people so desperate to play professional that they'll sell you anything (buyer beware). What comes to mind is a (stereotype warning) mommy blogger or social media "influencer" who got an entry level DSLR and kit lens for Christmas and is looking to make a quick buck.

Whatever you do, make sure you have a solid, legally binding agreement with whoever you contract for this work.

Technically, I'm more curious about how you plan to manage such a large amount of exposures AND take into account the current flux in changes occurring throughout the parks. How frequently will you want to update your work requiring them to go back and get new shots (meaning more cost). Who determines the shot list and do you have a taxonomy to properly classify and manage all the work?

thomas998

Whoa. My first thought is that is a LOT of shots (couple thousand, maybe more?). And they all have to be "high quality" (how do you define that?). Considering the scope, and for giggles say we're starting from scratch, that would be many, many days of shooting. Finding a pro to do that might be tough. I would also want to clarify that most real photography professionals don't sell their work, they allocate "rights", and in many cases these are limited (by time, publication, type, etc), to use select exposures for express purposes. Rates, back in the day, would be based on the usage (venue, type, # of replications and so on). I honestly have no idea nowadays what going rates are for ebooks but you may have to consider how many shots you really need. You should take Thomas'suggestions above to heart when trying to work though this.

And yes, you'll find some people so desperate to play professional that they'll sell you anything (buyer beware). What comes to mind is a (stereotype warning) mommy blogger or social media "influencer" who got an entry level DSLR and kit lens for Christmas and is looking to make a quick buck.

Whatever you do, make sure you have a solid, legally binding agreement with whoever you contract for this work.

Technically, I'm more curious about how you plan to manage such a large amount of exposures AND take into account the current flux in changes occurring throughout the parks. How frequently will you want to update your work requiring them to go back and get new shots (meaning more cost). Who determines the shot list and do you have a taxonomy to properly classify and manage all the work?
I don't think you'll hear anything from the OP. I get the feeling they just created an account to try and find someone with the photos they needed and with no one appearing to raise their hand, aren't likely to even keep up with the post. My guess is this is someone that has never actually written a book and this was probably some idea they had and this was an early attempt at starting it. The scope of what they were suggesting would be a bit nuts if this is their first foray into travel books.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom