News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

matt9112

maybe the entire story is how the guardians show up and the universe of energy is in shambles a mear casualty in the war before the "snap" and than the guardians tey to undo time or something and the universe of energy is saved at the end and than you get off and its one big cruel sick joke.

Monorail_Red_77

Based on comparison of Recent NearMap image and older Google image. The paring lot directly behind WDI building is new along withthe ped bridge over the canal. I assume other clearing opposite side of road could be more parking?

Top pic, Near Map as posted earlier taken Nov 21, 18. Bottom pic, Google Earth from around Jan 3, 18.
Guardians Nov 2018 compare.jpg

Almac97

Is that Ralph playground still around? I remember that was the butt of many jokes around here a couple months ago.

no. it was closed up pretty quick. that is what i was referring to tho.. lol
Was there another one? Because I was there a week ago today, and I swore there was a WIR playground behind Mouse Gear facing Test Track. Well... I know it was a playground for sure, and I thought it was WIR themed. There absolutely was a Ralph statue on the other side of the pathway.

rle4lunch

Was there another one? Because I was there a week ago today, and I swore there was a WIR playground behind Mouse Gear facing Test Track. Well... I know it was a playground for sure, and I thought it was WIR themed. There absolutely was a Ralph statue on the other side of the pathway.

was it open?? It was reported closed about 3 days after it debuted.

rocketraccoon

From today.

Kinda but not really at all blending with the sky.
gFILgCg.jpg

If any part of the gravity building is gonna get theming, I'd imagine it'll be this side. It sorta sticks out from the rest of the building. Catwalks are up inside and some of the piping for the wiring is installed. Also, to the left of the track is a track support, not sure if that's new or not.
OIIllS5.jpg

The transition tunnel. On the go-away-blue panels, note the small slit running up it on the left. Not sure what that would be for exactly. Some nice festive work lights on the staircase at least. Merry Christmas, y'all.
o5uXBHo.jpg

The ladder is still dead.
CmcA4j9.jpg

And a lil' panorama of the building. It's not as bendy in real life.
KSnJoZn.jpg

JJJ

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with that monstrosity of a building if we were getting something that would actually fit in the park. Also, what happens if/when people don't care about GotG anymore? Look at what happened to SGE.
While I don't think it will have Avatar-level cultural awareness decline, I do think that, in about 7-10 years, GotG won't be at the forefront of anyone's mind (around where Twilight or The Hunger Games is today). However, I think Avatar also shows that, even when people have forgotten the movies behind the attractions, good attractions will still pull in large numbers of people. And, while our insiders haven't been to keen on the attraction's placement and theme, they have (begrudgingly) admitted that it should be a pretty neat attraction.

Also, the building really looks fine in person. You have to really be looking at it to notice and, even then, it might still take you a few seconds to locate it on the horizon (oops, sorry for the word choice). The blue panneling, in my opinion, is far superior to theming the building to anything GotG related because a giant Nova Corps office building would stick out far more in World Showcase and from elsewhere in future world than does a blended blue box.

Movielover

The difference is that Peter Pan is a proven classic. GotG only came out a few years ago, so we don't know for sure if it will have the staying power to become a classic.

I have little doubt about the popularity of the franchise for many years to come based on the films performance. Much more staying power than other franchises like Avatar or some of Pixar's IP's. But thats just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom